Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

@ DEREKFOOT

I know the bfro/moneymaker do not believe in Justin's story and noticed you said that Bobo fay was there, was that his belief also, or does he share your views ?

Thanks, and great interview by the way.

P.S. - On the last redundant caller were you imitating Archie Bunker pretending to shoot himself during the call ? (you don't have to answer

this one wink.gif)

At the time Bobo was a BFRO member, and Bart Catino was there too. I have quite a few friends in the BFRO. I think Bobo does share my view, and I know Bart does as well.

Ya the one redundant caller was...pretty concerned that I saw his point of view...point taken lol! And yes I almost shot myself! Ok, not really :D

If I am not mistaken the only other evidence I've heard Randles being related to other than this is the skookum elk thing. Wasn't he one of the ones that proclaimed it to be a bigfoot lay impression?

Ya that's all I've ever done, just two weekend trips really. It is kinda fun though. I'm thinking about giving this research thing a whirl!

SSR Team

DR, i just wanted to say that i listened to that show last night and it made want to thank you for being so open on this very tough situation that obviously goes against your natural feelings of how the situation was played out.

It saddens me the more i hear how things went down that day but i agree with you completely about it happened & that's that, and it's now the right thing to do to try and get the best out of a bad situation.

Respect to how you've handled this whole thing in the face of provocation and a few sh*tty accusations that have flown about and one day i'd hope to buy you a beer & just say thanks as i believe that if this subject had more people like you in it, it would be all the better for it.

I'll read the Book with a heavy heart however and will probably shed a tear & i don't mind admitting that.

Thanks BobbyO,

I very much appreciate your kind words and thoughts. Anytime on the the beer thing. Hope we get a chance to do that.

DR

Edited by Biggie
Removed quote from previous user.

Derekfoot, no one is doubting you've been at this a while. Was I mistaken when I said the only evidence I've seen you related to other than the supposed bigfoot steak (lol?) was the skookum elk thing that you and a few others represented as a bigfoot impression? I'm open to hearing about any other evidence your name is associated with.

No worries can, that was my attempt at being funny. Good thing I have a day job..lol. I'm just like a lot of other researchers out there. Been in it 27 years now. Worked with Meldrum for five years, and still do today. As far as evidence goes, we have collected a lot. To date I've found 18 track lines and many many individual tracks, 110 in one track line. Myself and my group the Olympic Project have turned in over 100 samples to the current DNA study. Hair, flesh and saliva. We also obtained photos of a possible Sasquatch on one of our 52 deployed cameras. These are some of the only pictures that are (potentially backed up with DNA), study on going.

If you'd like to learn more about the research we do you are welcome to view our website at www.olympicproject.com

More info there.

Have a good day,

DR

Edited by Biggie
Removed quote from previous user.

Derekfoot I looked at your website. I like some of the footprints there. I'm curious if you have so much evidence pending this study, why weren't other independent sources used to check your samples? If there were others what results have you been privy to?

I think the amount of time since the kethcum "paper"/movie/dvd thing was mentioned, and the for sale book with this related story seems like a very long time and not very reliable as for the tidbits given out. Do you invest your integrity with these result? I'm curious how much faith you put into what at this point seems like another smoke and mirrors bigfoot thing.

Guest parnassus

I fail completely to see how you arrive at this conclusion. It seems perfectly obvious to me that Erickson views the Sierra Kills as somebody else's can of worms that he is not interested in opening on his own website. I expect he feels that his own samples, and his film project, are enough to be going on with just at the moment.

Both Derek Randles and Justin have practically gone blind in one eye tipping the forum the wink, from the restrictions of their NDA's, that Melba Ketchum has certified the Sierra samples as 100% American Bigfoot in her home-made, patented, Bigfoot test. I believe that much.

I am much more interested in why Jeff Meldrum and John Mionczynski are so sceptical of the Sierra samples. I listened to an interview with the latter here and was surprised at how much cold water was poured on the story from someone who was personally guided over the kill site by Justin himself.

I think Meldrum is walking a thin tightrope if he alienates himself from Ketchum and then her results pan out. He is already on a sticky wicket clinging to his Giganto hypothesis, when the direction of travel of the paradigm shift seems to be moving in precisely the opposite direction.

Here I am going to 90% speculate, 10% on known facts:

Meldrum is not a fool, nor is he imprudent (given that he believes in bigfoot). He knows people, he has connections to guys like Todd Disotell and others in the fields of primatology, genetics and DNA, we know that. By this time, don't you think he is networking on these issues? made a few calls, boned up on DNA, gotten some expert assessments...only be prudent..... cmon.....(not to mention that he apparently reads forums....yes, its true...)

If he has done that, and I think he has, then he knows that Ketchum's stuff, all of it that has come to light, is not going to pass muster in the scientific community. That's not just parnassus talkin....Further, he has personally satisfied himself that the sample he saw was not from a primate. Now, given these facts (prudent, and networked), I think that Meldrum is not going to hide his distrust of the Ketchum or the SS stuff. Of course, there is always the remote possibility that Ketchum is going to say "Whoops, bigfoot is not a modern human!!" So Meldrum cannot go all contemptuous... gotta be prudent...

by the way, I do think that Ketchum will find an outlet for her opinions. I am not familiar with the lesser journals in the relevant fields, and I don't know what ones might take a flyer on it. It would depend on how much she was willing to back away from "bigfoot is modern human," to "we looked for bigfoot DNA but found a variety of known animals including modern human." There are several indications that she is not the type to budge. If she clings to the former, I don't think she will be published in a reputable scientific journal...where, then? possibly a proprietary non peer reviewed "magazine," that has "journal" in the title. I would rule out Meldrum's online journal, if Todd Disotell, who is on the board, has anything to say about it. Au contraire, if she had submitted the latter of those two interpretations of the data, to Nature, she might have been published there.

Edited by parnassus

Derekfoot I looked at your website. I like some of the footprints there. I'm curious if you have so much evidence pending this study, why weren't other independent sources used to check your samples? If there were others what results have you been privy to?

I think the amount of time since the kethcum "paper"/movie/dvd thing was mentioned, and the for sale book with this related story seems like a very long time and not very reliable as for the tidbits given out. Do you invest your integrity with these result? I'm curious how much faith you put into what at this point seems like another smoke and mirrors bigfoot thing.

I'm privy to our results, but I am unable to talk about them due to an NDA that I signed in the beginning. As far as testing goes, there aren't a bunch of scientists lining up to look at Bigfoot evidence, very few as a matter of fact. These tests also cost money, a lot of money. We don't have the budget to just send our stuff all around the country to waiting labs, it doesn't work that way. Melba came forward willing to do the testing, so that's what we've done, along with many other researchers. Wally Hersome thankfully stepped forward and has paid for a lot of this testing. Melba Ketchum has worked very hard for the better part of three years now, and we are working with her exclusively at this point. We're very thankful she's doing it and we have much faith in her. Do I invest my integrity in these results?? That is a strange question. Understand, we are not the scientists here. We are a research group who has simply submitted samples to a study. My integrity is intact with or without this study. I am an honest person. The results will reveal what they reveal. No matter what the study reveals, or how it's received, we will go on doing what we do.

As far as your smoke and mirrors opinion, I got nothing. We aren't trying to fool anybody with anything.

At this point, we are not involved in any movie or DVD thing. The book is being written by Mike Green, not us. Is it hard for you to believe that we are just a research group trying to get our evidence analysed? That's really all there is to it. That's it.

DR

What facts were we "given", Parn? You are treating your variables as facts and losing your validity. I'm glad you post though- it takes me back to sophomore geometry class. We weren't allowed to let personal opinion jump and logic gaps.

Tim B.

Guest Wookie73

This secrecy stuff is funny. Einstein didn't keep relativity secret! he was discussing it with loads of other folks before publication.

This will not end well.

Guest slimwitless

by the way, I do think that Ketchum will find an outlet for her opinions. I am not familiar with the lesser journals in the relevant fields, and I don't know what ones might take a flyer on it. It would depend on how much she was willing to back away from "bigfoot is modern human," to "we looked for bigfoot DNA but found a variety of known animals including modern human.

Do you really think these guys would be posting in this thread if they were told the hairy piece of flesh they submitted was from a modern human or a coyote?

Guest TexasTracker

DR,

Thanks for being straight-up about all this. I'm sure there are many others out here that feel the same way. You were put in a difficult position, no doubt. +1 on the beer thing. I'm sure we could keep em coming for a while.

cheers !

TT

SSR Team

This secrecy stuff is funny. Einstein didn't keep relativity secret! he was discussing it with loads of other folks before publication.

This will not end well.

Secrecy ? What secrecy ?

Are you talking about the NDA's ?

If you are, you may want to do your homework on what one is and why they're used.