Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Hello to everyone, since this is only my 2nd post. I have to say this has been some incredibly interesting reading. I have many questions for the General, but can you please tell us what your thoughts were on the way home? Did the two of you know for sure it was bigfoot and did you talk about what to do next? Did you think about getting some larger guns for protection and going back the next day or so to check it out or were you too scared or freaked out? I seem to recall that you said you and the driver didn't really talk about it much, which is hard to imagine, although I'm not saying that's not what happen.

I am really curious about your conversations because I'm trying to figure out what I would do in that situation. I would be pretty freaked out thinking about a large male finding me drag his kid away. Also I imagine it would be pretty heavy and difficult to carry.

Thanks

Admin

As soon as I'm at a computer (probably a week) ill find a picture that I feel matches it best and post it (anyone who knows any good sites or pictures feel free to send them my way). In fact me and the driver will both do it seperatly and ill post what we both come up with. Honestly the drawings and the sketches don't really do much for me while they may show some facial features They still look like cartoons.

Pete Travers has an excellent site with quite a few sketches and while they could be interpreted as cartoon like, he has a pretty comprehensive array of BF renderings.

http://www.thepaintedcave.com/img/pete/sasketch/hypo/head/index.php

http://www.thepaintedcave.com/img/pete/sasketch/hypo/body/index.php

SSR Team

I have another question that has been bugging me on this situation. This "Sierra shooting" topic began as a discussion board item on taxidermy.net, correct? Can someone here tell me what the practice known as "taxidermy" is please? ( I know what it means but follow me here.). If there is no body, why was this started as a thread on a board about mounting dead animals to display in a cabin or living room? A la- I have a dead Sasquatch, how should I mount it? Personally if it was me, I would mount it smiling next to a cardboard cutout of matt moneymaker. I would have the sas standing there smiling, and moneymaker in front of it posed on hands and knees looking under a rug or something. Hypothetically speaking of course since there is at this time no body. Am I alone on that line of thinking?

No you're not alone, it's soemthing i said immediately upon reading the first leaks about it..

I couldn't understand why someone who frequents a Taxidermy Forum would leave something like that in the middle of a Meadow & still don't really, even after reading everything that General's wrote & the emotion of it all.

But everyone's different & i thank you for coming on here General & relaying your side of things, even if i find some things hard to understand & may not agree with others.. :thumbsup:

Also General, whilst we're here, have a look at these Drawings too, some top facial work in my opinion.. ;)

http://www.charlesmiddletonart.com/photo.htm

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Let's all keep in mind Bugs, and how detailed his story was and how he sounded so sincere.

That's a good point. But, in this case a tissue sample was submitted for DNA testing. This has been verified. The sample submitted was one of the few samples that made it thru the screening process.......and is included in the final DNA paper. This has been verified as well. The results are not verified but something tells me if Dr Ketchum chose to include the sample, there's something good about it. Even the most skeptical of us must raise an eyebrow at this one.

Bugs was a great story teller. But like a good story teller does, he made it impossible to verify any details from his "story". So, we had to take Bug's word, which I (like most)could not do.

This is certainly a great story as well, but this one includes some incredible evidence that has been submitted and included in the Bigfoot DNA study. That says something to me....

Chris B.

Guest Cervelo

So let me make sure I've got this right?

General (the shooter) admits he shot a humanoid figure walking towards him with it's hands in the air?

So let me make sure I've got this right?

General (the shooter) admits he shot a humanoid figure walking towards him with it's hands in the air?

That's some great spin, nice. Another way to put it would be "General admits he shot a giant angry bipedal animal that was walking towards him with it's hands up in an aggressive manner, as many other animals do when you get too close to their young"?

I understand that you are trying to indicate that he shot a surrendering "person" in cold blood. It's easy to pass judgement on what someone else does in a moment of terror and uncertainty from the comfort of your home.

Guest Cervelo

NGJ,

No spin at all, with all due respect. Have you ever killed something with a gun? Defend him if you will. But having hunted all my life I find this scenario at best improbably from an experienced hunter, with a spotter no less. At worst one of the most irresponsible hunting shots that never should have been taken. How could anyone be sure it was not some idiot in a suit? You shoot while your spotter is saying not to? IMO let's hope he really did kill biggie and that he's given up hunting! Anyone who takes this shot while his spotter is saying not to is a danger to anyone within his range and should never handle a weapon again IMO.I don't buy the he was afraid BS all he had to do was get back in the truck and leave. If this creature (or person) was 80 yards away it was no threat to them.

Guest General

I don't understand some of your guys's conclusions. I'm not trying to be rude but a lot of you do not understand how any of this works.

If you shoot someone dressed up in a bear suit during bear season in the woods you will not be prosecuted for murder or even man slaughter. Its a fact. Speculate all you want, history is a tell all story. guys get shot and killed every spring while out turkey hunting when carrying their turkey decoys out of the woods they (the shooter) are all set free usually without as much as a misdeminer (sp) cause usually the decoy is being carried out in a not so safe manor. Go ahead and say it doesn't happen often I read or hear the storys every year. Or what about the guys that get killed while out pheasant hunting cause they took an unsafe shot, bird flew in between them and they lost visal of their partner. Or the deer hunting accidents. No one guys to jail for that either.

I've never in 18 years of hunting had or seen an acident in the woods from a firearm.

Richard sobstud keeps insisting if bigfoot comes back with sharing dna of a human then its homcide and goes as far as to say derek surely be charged with accesiroy to murder and myself with murder.

Uhm wow well when I read stuff like that I can't even tell you the thoughts that go through my head.

Let me go try an find some ?s I can answer

Guest General

Why did this come up on a taxidermy site?

I've been wanting to learn taxidermy for years, I got on the site I think 2 years ago posted asking questions here and there. I made some friends a long the way and posted about all kinds of stupid crap and I meat some neat country folks. Just bsing about life with people in the camp fire sction. from hunting and fishing stories passed to when my dog died or just chating about what kind of truck we drive or complaining about the president oe gas prices.

I in no way on that board braggd about killing bigfoot as some have said. I posted maybe 6 times in that 60 page thread. Started with "if you saw bigfoot would you shoot it" maybe some 15 pages later I said call bs if you want but I shot something 8' tall and was hairy and walked like a man. I never gave out many details I never said much at all after that, some guy sends me a pm asking for my number and it took off from there.

Guest General

Why was the ride home so quiet? Ya know what. I don't know my mind was going 200 mph. It's as best as I can describe my thoughts. Yes, We knew what had happened.

Guest General

We were driving. Not stalking game. Road hunting. I didn't make that clear in one of my posts. But the creature was in no way in or near the road. Not that it matters cause at this point I don't really care but its totally legal to shoot from those "roads". Their not really roads. It wasn't in a game preserve. It could have even been on private property in weavorville ca. I haven't said. When road hunting we are ready in a moments notice we jump out quick and rack one in

Guest General

Where did we drive from there? To the store to get cigarettes we both had quit in the last year. we each smoked our whole pack and never said a word