Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

BFF Patron
My guestion to Derek and General is do you have a publishing deal or have you been contacted by a publisher?

Above question's answer?

Guest General

I guess you don't know anyone that is deaf, deaf chatter sounds the same in all langauges. As for the apperance, Somewhere in the middle between human ape and boxer is how I've discribed them. If I had to choose one would say idk. Yes I hid the youngers body but it was gone when I returned.

Oh here is somethin that's been bugging me. I think lots of these comments are either by people that don't hunt or people that don't kill lots of stuff while hunting.

How are we suppose to believe you returned after several days and found a flesh sample then cut off a piece and sent the op half of it.

Well I challenge anyone to go out in the high mountians where its cold and snowing do it just before a big storm is coming. Go out and shoot a cow deer elk or ape. Leave it there in a thick area and come back in 10 days. You will still find lots and lots of hair flesh fat ect. If you disagree go out and try it. I've dumped many a deer bodys and returned to hunt on em later. I know what happens next

But you didn't shoot one - by your own admission you shot two! You misidentifed your target twice and your an experienced hunter and guide?! After the first incident (Mummy?) why not get in the truck and get out of there? Why did you wait and engage the second (one of the kids?)? After all your buddy had told you repeatedly "not a bear" and "don't shoot" in the first instance.

I've never in 18 years of hunting had or seen an acident in the woods from a firearm

I think that you have now!!

Edited by Gurumuka

Guest General

You misidentifed your target twice

I don't think your understanding what happened. Nothing was misidentified twice. ill leave it at that. Its written down once already

Guest General

Have you been hunting since the incident? If so, has the experience changed the way you approach hunting?

Yes, I'm kind of watching my back to be 100 percent honest.

I've been contacted by a few people regarding a publisher. Its not set in stone but will be very soon

In that case, I hope you have an agent. If you're offered a deal, don't do it until you have a reputable literary agent look it over. An agent is easy to get if you get a deal. They're going to take 10-15% of the money, but they're also probably going to get you more money.

BTW - I'm not trying to make this about money. If two primates of unknown origin are dead in this case, that's sad, but the truth is if a traditional publisher is offering a contract, they are doing it because they think they can make money. I don't like to see first-time authors get screwed by bad contracts. It's hard to turn a profit in publishing. They don't offer contracts on a whim.

Guest General

do you regret not going back for at least one body?

I was in processing mode for 3 or 4 days well I still am sometimes. I almost went up every day, yes I regret not getting up there sooner. The day after this all happend snow started moving in. After that we did get back up there but due to snow we couldn't find much

General first I wanted to say thanks for coming on here and answering questions for all of us. Second I wanted to ask what caliber rifle you were hunting with.

Guest General

Thanks for the note rwridley. Dereks been around he is going to take care of everything.he is on top of it, I don't worry or deal with much. Truth be told I have a lot of people telling me to shut the f up and put it in the gosh darn book. There is plenty left for the book. Nothing you all have heard is untrue from me or derek. There is still a lot to the story that hasn't been posted. A whole lot

BFF Patron

So you were road hunting maybe on private land in Weavorville CA. I'm assuming then you may not have been on public (state/fed) forest land then?

Did you have a hunting lease or landowner permission on the private land (if it was?)?

General- I understand; HOWEVER, I've seen it on another website that you stated that you just want to put this all behind you. I am not one to point fingers or or alienate anyone. IMHO the best way to put this whole incident behind you would be to make this incident work for the good. What is done is done but to make it work for the good would IMO would be to #1 notorize your true and final statement of the whole incident giving location as best you can and timelines. # 2 to turn the statement into the Ca. DFG( like I say they probably won't prosecute you for shooting undocumented) so that way it give them a vehicle to start regulations or develope some sort of Public Service Announcements to be distributed to hunting clubs, fishing and camping clubs and the general public so that the public could be educated about the Bigffot. I know that is a stretch but it would be a start to make some good of this unfortunate incident. thank you for your contact with this forum. ptangier

Guest General

A savage 25-06 4x16 scope. its written down in here somewhere. Another thing that's bugged me "no self respecting bear hunter would use that caliber"

Wow, ok.... Not to make this a penis contest but I've killed my share of animals. its all about using the correct bullet. I reload my own and they ruin way way too much meat on a deer and I've taken enough bears with it to know it will drop em just fine. On a deer Pencel whole size in basketball whole size out.it does much more damage then my dads 30-06 with factory loads

BFF Patron
The day after this all happened snow started moving in. After that we did get back up there but due to snow we couldn't find much

This part I don't understand, you took the juvenile body and "hid" it. Yet you did not take a landmark/bearing approach in order to retrieve it in any kind of weather or scenario? ....or does that mean your first time back you missed it or it was missing?