Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I tend to agree

Maybe Justin should run tours, fill up the back of the truck at $25.00 a head and drive up there give a guided tour, way better than any video.

Yes, and if the story is true, lets hope the remaing BF don't recognise him

Edited by yowiie

Guest Shaun

Careful here guys. Justin is a member here, and some of the posts here are getting a little close to calling him an outright liar. General Guideline 2, as a gentle reminder: 2. Do not make things personal. Attack the argument, not the arguer. No name calling. Terms like ‘liars’ and ‘idiots’ are beyond the pale and will not be tolerated here. Lets keep it on topic, and not make it personal please. :D

Guest slimwitless

Agree with Corvus and great point by slimwitless. The crux of the matter is that they have dna currently being tested by two independent labs.

Possibly three labs if Sykes has a piece.

Someone on this forum thinks DR revealed that a piece of the Sierra shooting sample was sent to the Oxford study. I don't know where this person heard that but I missed it. Derek, can you confirm or deny?

Oxford does not have a sample of the flesh. We submitted a unrelated hair sample to Oxford. If Oxford got a flesh sample it was not given to them by me. You would have to ask Justin that question.

DR

Hello everyone

My first post

I have read everything I have found about bigfoot since the PGF

This is a great forum but still with everything I've read I'm still

skeptical Sorry I'm still trying to believe

I wouldn't call anyone a liar or an idiot but I do have questions about

JS 's story

would you pick up a wounded animal

if you shot a 40# animal in the neck it would be dead before it

hit the ground

I thought I read that DR sent someone to the site with a dog

JS said he took his bloodhound to the kill site

Do I have this wrong My memory is not what it used to be

JS doesn't know what bullet he shoots In my 25/06 I shoot

winchester 115 gr ballistic silver tip

I know dead animals don't last in the field but I think bones

would be more likely to last longer than flesh

I could be all wet about all this

if I'm wrong please get me pointed in the right direction

I enjoy reading everyones post

Thanks

Guest slimwitless

Thanks Derek.

Justin?

In my opinion, it would be shame if Sykes doesn't get the opportunity to test this particular sample.

I'm not sure if this is still accurate, but Dr. Meldrum told me that Sykes is mainly focusing on hair. That could be evolving but I'm not sure. I'll ask him again and post his answer.

DR

Derek while we have you here and excuse me if you had answered this already but can you confirm that the pictures of the flesh/hair sample that have been floating around are what you are familiar with.

Thanks Derek and hang in there !

Big Stinky

SSR Team

I'm not sure if this is still accurate, but Dr. Meldrum told me that Sykes is mainly focusing on hair. That could be evolving but I'm not sure. I'll ask him again and post his answer.

DR

Maybe that's his main focus, but i highly doubt he'd turn away something like we're talking about..

http://www.wolfson.o...ic/GBFs-v/OLCHP

Edit to add : " In order to avoid misidentification of samples due to contamination, our preferred material is hair, although tissues will be considered. "

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Big St, Believe it or not that's the first time I saw that picture when it hit the internet. I do have pictures of the flesh sample but they are different pictures. It does appear to be the same material.

DR

Guest poignant

So many differing accounts...makes you wonder if everyone is pulling on the same rope or if the project had not already been infiltrated by special interest groups to stymie / confuddle things.

In any case I'll take it at face value that there are two labs testing the sierra kills samples. Look forward to the results from the other lab. Would it violate the NDA if the sample was sent to another lab and that other lab published the results? Fingering this possible loophole here...

Guest gershake

That's sort of worrying, that Derek says it's a pic of the sample and Ketchum says it isn't. :/ I think Ketchum may not always be entirely honest.