Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest slimwitless

Threads merged.

The thread formerly known as the Smeja Report has been merged into this one as it covered the same territory.

Mike

I'm not so sure. This thread covers a sasquatch shooting. The other was meant to discuss DNA results. We have separate threads for the Ketchum and Oxford studies. Why not one for the third independent investigation? Not to mention "The Smeja Report" sounds as cool as hell. (Can I say that here?)

The driver. Strangely absent from all this, he is.

Indeed. And how bout "I thought it was a monster". I would think and say something like that..... if I were 9 years old. Just my humble observation.

Indeed. And how bout "I thought it was a monster". I would think and say something like that..... if I were 9 years old. Just my humble observation.

That's fairly insulting, and not very humble.

Completely disagree. I still refer to the terms "monster" to some of the oddities that are the structures and creatures I see out in the woods.

Guest Peter O.

Yeah, agree with Austin M.

By "monster" he could have meant something that does not exist in the popular consciousness, something completely unknown that he just happened to run across. How would you describe BF?

Obviously, the "Loch Ness Monster", or the Giant Squid, would not be a monster like in movies, some sort of evil Cthulhu. It would be an animal--once you came to grips with its existence! So, that word alone, I wouldn't read too much into IMO.

Guest poignant

There is no driver!

Curious as to what makes you think that there was no driver?

Edited by MikeG
...Personal information removed

Yes, it's called a karyotype (and has been brought up by several commenters on these threads early on) and would allow them to determine sex chromosomes too which someone has done since Derek claims that fact is under NDA. I'm sure they could determine sex without a karyotype but certainly it would be a simple and important matter to early on determine chromosome number. I'm sure it was primary in their methodology BTW.

Edited to add: Justin recalled on an interview, that the F&G people said they could come back with a warrant but did not (within the ensuing weeks since his statement), and did not enter his house, he had them wait at the door and denied them entry. He said one of the investigators was a sergeant as I remember. I forget whether it was mentioned that it was a branch office or central office person. One of the numerous online blogtalk interviews or blogger sites would get you that info. There was talk of an FOIA request for the investigation notes. It was stated by someone in thread that actually unless a follow through investigation had taken place there could be no access to such..... which I was not at all clear on.

Thanks for the clarification Bipedalist. If this karyotyping was performed it would be a simple method to screen this tissue from other known and common indigenous mammals. With that being said and if the recent photos are in fact of the actual sample submitted ( does not appear to be from a modern human) then this really is quite exciting and substaniates at least part of JS story.

What else could it possibly be other than an unknown primate if the chromosome count reflects that ?

Big Stinky

Guest Peter O.

Curious as to what makes you think that there was no driver?

poignant, I was just kidding around. :D

Guest slimwitless

There's a short but interesting interview with Justin Smeja here.

I'm not sure if it's really him or someone that sounds exactly like him (inside joke).

Guest RioBravo

Justin, I have a cousin who lives in Alaska and hunts big game.

I asked what he would do if he ever shot a bigfoot. He said that he would remove the head and keep it in a freezer until the creature was proven through other means, whether by DNA, video, the recovery of another body, etc. He gave two reasons as to why:

1. He didn't want to get in trouble for having harvested a bigfoot if it turned out to be illegal to do so

2. He wanted to wait for the creature to be scientifically recognized so a market would develop for bigfoot remains and he could collect a tidy sum by selling it.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan to you, Justin?

Guest Captain Caveman

Hi Rio,

1. He didn't want to get in trouble for having harvested a bigfoot if it turned out to be illegal to do so

Nobody will ever get in trouble for shooting an unknown, undescribed species. You may as well tell Fish & Game that you shot a space alien. The only possible problem could be that they think you're nuts and can't face the fact you killed a human, so you turned it into a Squatch in your own mind. If somebody suspected something like that, they might investigate.

2. He wanted to wait for the creature to be scientifically recognized so a market would develop for bigfoot remains and he could collect a tidy sum by selling it.

Well, that's not very nice. But in any case I think there is legal principle in the United States, that states that you cannot be prosecuted for something that wasn't against the law when you did it. Thus it would be impossible to prosecute your friend, or Justin.

edit: or, for the first point above, that you killed a person in a ghillie suit or ape suit.

Edited by Captain Caveman

• 2 weeks later...

It's about to get real interesting- Shawn at Bigfoot Evidence has a blog post where himself and another bigfooter are interviewing 'the driver'. General sat outside as the interview took place. ClIma their stories line up!! Oh ya baby!!

That's fairly insulting, and not very humble.

Telling it like it is. And you are entitled to your opinion as I.

Sorry Jon, but you could replace BF with bunny rabbits and this story would still be just as repulsive. I'm not going to tip-toe around this one for you or anyone else, so I'll bug out.

Monster .... good grief whatever.