Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest THRILLER 1

"The center tree is about where the "adult" was standing when

Justin pulled the trigger" ??????????????????????

I thought arms were up and it was approaching ?

Edited by THRILLER 1

WOW those pics suprised me, very park like setting.Things must be different out west because here in the east you'd be hard pressed to find any bunnies(let alone large critters) out in the open like that place.

Guest BFSleuth

I think it was a mistake for Justin to take the lie detector test. It's not going to prove anything. If he fails the sceptics will jump all over it and the believers will state that lie detectors are unreliable. If he passes just the opposite will happen.

There is no truth to the idea that polygraph tests are capable of detecting deception. If you would like to know more, just read what the American Psychological Association felt it had to say on their web site about the matter (one of the first links you will find if you google "polygraph test validity")...

http://www.apa.org/r.../polygraph.aspx

Polygraph tests have never been shown to be a valid method to detect deception. There has been no repeatable experiments done that show they have any validity.

I don't care about the results of the test. The test results have no meaning. We might as well sacrifice chickens and read tea leaves to arrive at a result with equal validity (my apologies to those that can read tea leaves and chicken entrails).

Period.

Guest slimwitless

"The center tree is about where the "adult" was standing when

Justin pulled the trigger" ??????????????????????

I thought arms were up and it was approaching ?

Come on. Did Justin Smeja write that tagline?

im hearing that there was some stuff collected and sent to Sykes for testing that came from this weeks outing. It was better than to be expected from what I understand. No life changing event but an important one none the less.

Edited by Chad Triplett

BFF Patron

Guess BF suddenly started shedding cells in the High Sierra's...... good luck with that!

There is no truth to the idea that polygraph tests are capable of detecting deception. If you would like to know more, just read what the American Psychological Association felt it had to say on their web site about the matter (one of the first links you will find if you google "polygraph test validity")...

http://www.apa.org/r.../polygraph.aspx

Polygraph tests have never been shown to be a valid method to detect deception. There has been no repeatable experiments done that show they have any validity.

I don't care about the results of the test. The test results have no meaning. We might as well sacrifice chickens and read tea leaves to arrive at a result with equal validity (my apologies to those that can read tea leaves and chicken entrails).

Period.

that's exactly what I'm saying. lie detectors are severely flawed, so no matter what the outcome, it doesn't prove a thing either way. Edited by squating squatch

Guest thermalman

that's exactly what I'm saying. lie detectors are severely flawed, so no matter what the outcome, it doesn't prove a thing either way.

Agreed.

I listened to pod cast and roe, Shawn, and i think bill that went there, confirmed that he passed, they just wanted to post the results and make it official.

Roe was very adamant on how difficult it would be to fake the answers. They also did the face micro twitch,like they did on that one doc with

the guy from Alaska. So it was more than just a poly graph. They also said the driver was even more convincing than Justin, witch they totally believed.

I made my mind up a long time ago that this happened. One night i was on late(couldn't sleep like 400-430 est time) and I noticed Justin was on the form,

a had a little pm back and forth. It was 1;00am or so pst time, he was telling me on how much this was effecting his personal life and people in it, and feeling down

from every one was beating him up. I good judge of people, and the way he was responding, was not a way that someone that was BSing about something would act. especially hunting stories, the bs shines out like a beacon.

Also had some pm with Derek, witch just enforced what i all ready believed.

Guest BFSleuth

Hopefully no matter what the results are, everyone would have the good sense to note that polygraph tests have no validity at all. There has never been a replicated experiment done that shows that polygraph tests are able to determine the truthfulness of a subject. It is a shame that people have been duped into a continuing "belief" that polygraph tests have any validity.