Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest General

General are you kept close in the loop with how the DNA study by Mrs. Ketchum is going? I'm not looking for answers I'm just curious if your sitting around like us twiddling thumbs waiting for feedback, although I suppose your already quite sure this animal exists with or without the DNA results.

I know more then some and less then others.that's the best I can do

Soon as I post one thing I think of something else I want to ask, **** so many questions!

I'm asking your opinion on this one, do you think if this book comes out detailing the area and the species is officially recognized, do you think this recognition would help the animal (protected habitats, anti hunting laws) or be a negative thing (people invading habitat trying to see one on a grander scale then there is at present, potential poachers)

Judging from your reaction posted earlier you were quite confused and afraid of the monster that you saw, do you think official recognization will remove that fear in people or will it add to the hysteria of these giant beings walking our forests?

This is something often debated and I'm not asking definitive answers just your opinion as an average hunter who has encountered these animals.

Guest General

Mouths were rounded like ours not square/pointed like a dog(once again I need a picture, just can't describe it good enough. No tusks or phangs big (not long) caneynes (sp) like a gorila but so much smaller obviously sense they were young.

I can't comment much on the flesh sample that was sent out, plenty has been said and hinted about by derek, the driver will come forward when the time is right. Lots of people know who the driver is.lots of people have talked to him even derek. He even has a portion of the flesh sample hidden away somewhere. If I asked him to come forward now on here cause its "the right thing to do" he would say why what's in it for me why is it "the right thing to do" why should me and my wife get death threats and nasty emails too. Its not "the right thing to do" imo its not what's best for him and his family, I agree with him. How will any good come out of him coming on here for him? It helps every one of us but him.

He is around when the right people want to talk to him

Are you saying you've received death threats?

Thanks for the quick replies to my questions.

This may seem a strange one but How did they smell?

The reason I ask is that I have read many reports of a powerful stench/odour when BF is around.

Guest General

imo reconition will lead to many more sasquatches being killed. Laws to protect them? When you shoot a protected swan you get a slap on the rist. 1800 I believe an eagle a couple grand. Even if they got fined half a mil people would still shoot them but now they would be actively looking for them getting calls scents ect.

The difference is once laws go into affect the bodys will disappear if anyone ever gets caught with them cause now they have a right to sieze any potentional bigfoot part. So if you found a bigfoot skull one day and wanted to sell it, that wouldn't be legal. word would get out somebody would just show up and take it from you (I'm not into cover ups or anti government or anything like that, but that's how I think it would go,) then one day they say their extinct again. then it will be like they never existed all over.

But hey that's just my opinion and has no baring on this story

Guest slimwitless

General, based on your experiences with remains left behind by predators and what you saw when you returned a few weeks later, do you have an opinion about whether the juvenile was found and carried off by predators or by something else? Did anyone else know about the site before you returned? I suspect this area is fairly remote and as unlikely as it seems, could a person have found the juvenile's body?

Guest General

No person found them, that's forsure. Unless they watched us shoot which is almost impossible. Lots of people believe there was another parent in the area and it took the younger one that's still alive away and they are believed to still be alive today living only a few miles away. There is potentional evidence to support that claim but that part I was told has to wait for the book or dna. If that's the case its believed the other parent came back later that night and buried them elsewhere. Other belief is just simply coyotes ate em all up

Guest Thepattywagon

I can't comment much on the flesh sample that was sent out, plenty has been said and hinted about by derek, the driver will come forward when the time is right. Lots of people know who the driver is.lots of people have talked to him even derek. He even has a portion of the flesh sample hidden away somewhere. If I asked him to come forward now on here cause its "the right thing to do" he would say why what's in it for me why is it "the right thing to do" why should me and my wife get death threats and nasty emails too. Its not "the right thing to do" imo its not what's best for him and his family, I agree with him. How will any good come out of him coming on here for him? It helps every one of us but him.

He is around when the right people want to talk to him

Are you saying it's the driver who has the sample hidden away somewhere, or Derek that has it?

If it's the driver, did he obtain it at the time the other ste...er I mean sample was found, or was it given to him later for some reason?

Can you tell us specifically who it was that found the tissue sample?

Thanks.

Oh and some people may have fogotten I'm not not not here to convince anyone or make "believers" or show you proof or anything like that. If you don't believe the story that's fine move on.

If your unsure sit around and see what happens.

I knew and felt the frustration a lot of you have gone through and I wanted to be here to answer questions and share something I knew was so important to many of you.

Thank you

I knew exactly where I left it I know the area very well. When we came back It was gone. I just put it under the base of a tree inside some thick thick manzinta looking patches and covered it with dirt and branches this took like 30 seconds maybe 90. It wasn't extremely well thought out but it still seems like a good hiding place to me

General, You are coping well with this (to me horrific) event.

May I ask if you are a young man, perhaps under 25,or more like 18, or 30-40?

Sometimes youth bounce back fairly soon after a trauma that older people would need more time to deal with.. :(

Guest General

Are you saying it's the driver who has the sample hidden away somewhere, or Derek that has it?

If it's the driver, did he obtain it at the time the other ste...er I mean sample was found, or was it given to him later for some reason?

Can you tell us specifically who it was that found the tissue sample?

Thanks.

My bloodhound found the flesh sample several days after the shooting. We cut it in half driver took half I took half. I later cut off some of mine maybe a 1/4 and sent it to the op.

But you didn't shoot one - by your own admission you shot two! You misidentifed your target twice and your an experienced hunter and guide?! After the first incident (Mummy?) why not get in the truck and get out of there? Why did you wait and engage the second (one of the kids?)? After all your buddy had told you repeatedly "not a bear" and "don't shoot" in the first instance.

I think that you have now!!

I think he has made it pretty clear that he misidentified it in that at first he thought it must have been a bear, then by the time he shot it he didn't know what the hell it was beyond a "monster" and was scared for his life. After shooting it, the two juveniles were surrounding him, basically STALKING him and communicating with each other. That would be enough to scare the daylights out of me, especially wondering if another adult was going to arrive. It didn't all happen in an instant; he said the entire episode lasted about 20 minutes... that's 20 minutes of wondering what these animals are going to do to you now that they've surrounded you after you shot their parent.

Again, the armchair QB'ing is pretty hard to take. How can we possibly pretend to know what the appropriate action would have been to take?

Hey General- here's a question- when you write your book, are you going to provide illustrations? Like pictures done by an artist to your specifications? I can't get my head around yours (or anyone else's) description of the juveniles. Just isn't computing.

Tim B.