Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

If Derekfoot was told by Dr. Ketchum in preliminary testing that the sample came back Primate, then that sure would go a long ways for me and I am sure many others. But so far nobody has that information do they? Do you know Derekfoot from a preliminary test and not just visual observation of the sample? I wouldn't think Dr. Ketchum would allow things to go so far if she knew it wasn't primate, but does/did she know yet? So yes PattyWagon, if Derekfoot was already working on solid substantiation, his reputation is worth a lot here. But I am asking these hard questions for his benefit too...

I also wouldn't have raised the term coyote or other animal without some cause either. It was General himself who made these statements after all:

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:59 PM #237

The first shot. Man is that a loaded question. I've been dreading having to answer this one. Some trees covered a meadow like a blind corner we went further and the meadow started to open up visaully. we saw movement about the same time we were both thinking holy ?*#!ing /?#* a white #*!#/!? bear???? By white I mean the color of a pale coyote we have a wide variety of color phase bears so white/ lighter color wasn't out of the question in our minds.

Post #421

I answered a few ?s in pm's I don't know how to word it in a way it won't be removed by mods and get point accross.

Didn't smell like sewage or ass hole. Bad body odor x12 mixed with a coyote. Stayed on my hands for days. Touching flesh sample will do it too.

So it looks like one and it partly smells like one. The only inference left is it tastes like a coyote, but I'm not expecting that, except General did say he wondered how it might taste didn't he? lol ohmy.gif

I'm just saying that officially ruling out other possible animals is the prudent thing to do in this or any similar situation. Wouldn't everyone say that is good common sense procedure?

This is something that also concerns me a bit.

Post #388

Black hands cusions like dogs broken paws with fingers. Imagen a black hand so caulised they are like paws/cusions with fingers. pictures of that will have to be in the book forsure. Those I got a very very good look at. Burned in my mind.

I've been close to a big male in the Sierras and got a look at the inside of his hands as well as his feet. His hands (and feet) showed absolutely no sign of looking like paws/cushions. I think others here who have seen a Sasquatch will agree.

Rio, I'll try to find a thread and PM you.

To add, the above was written by me before Derekfoot's post. Derekfoot, re Skookumcast, you provided the best site photos that have ever been released, but they too became pixelated when blown up. So that remains unfinished here too. Good to hear you set rules on what will or won't be talked about and to whom tho Derekfoot, that just adds protection to things. But you say you know what the flesh sample is? I hope that's just not some gut feeling Derek.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Jodie, I know it's not my place to correct you being a mod and all, but I would really appreciate it if you'd refrain from baiting the General into disclosing the sex of the adult Sasquatch. That info is under NDA. We'd love to tell you but we can't at this time.

DR

Derek, I apologized in private. I had been on here for about three hours even though I had not intended to be online that long. Trying to follow a thread and moderate at the same time is similar to being an air traffic controller in my opinion. What would have taken you guys ten minutes to read, takes me over an hour to get through because I am jumping back and forth from different topics trying to do too many things at once.

And while we are on that topic, would the forum members please just use the report button rather than PM'ing me to complain about something? I'm trying to prioritize what needs to be addressed first and I hate to ignore PM's. If you hit the report button, another moderator can address it that isn't tied up in something else.

The question came from an assumption, plus just thinking about a reason why the young ones would be away from the parental unit. I was thinking of chimpanzees and how they get pregnant about every 5-6 years and start weaning the older kids away from being dependent when they are expecting. I'm not perfect either. I forgot he couldn't discuss the sex of the adult bigfoot and was thinking out loud, it was not deliberate. Do you want me to take it out?

BFF Patron
I've been close to a big male in the Sierras and got a look at the inside of his hands as well as his feet. His hands (and feet) showed absolutely no sign of looking like paws/cushions. I think others here who have seen a Sasquatch will agree.

I'm sorry, but if this is a valid observation.....we have a discrepancy.....and I think it is a big one. If they didn't look like paws/cushions PT then what was the color and texture? Also, what was the amount of hair on the fingers and back of the hands and what color was it? If you can't answer, then certainly General or Derekfoot can take another shot at it. Thanks in advance.

BFF Patron

sorry double post, forum acting up with blank white screen and delayed postups

Several posts have mentioned the possibility that the flesh was torn from the creature as a result of the gunshot. I don't think that's the case. Neither Randles nor General have said anything to that effect. General specifically stated that in his experience predators can leave pieces of flesh behind. Also, think about what he said about the flesh. He took half and the driver took half. Of his half, he sent a quarter to the OP. It seems the piece received by Ketchum was five or six inches long according to those involved. How much does that still leave in General's and the driver's possession? Quite a bit more then what could have been realistically removed as the result of an exit wound. IMO.

Sounds like a limb.

SSR Team

I'm sorry, but if this is a valid observation.....we have a discrepancy.....and I think it is a big one. If they didn't look like paws/cushions PT then what was the color and texture? Also, what was the amount of hair on the fingers and back of the hands and what color was it? If you can't answer, then certainly General or Derekfoot can take another shot at it. Thanks in advance.

I'm not so sure B, i think it's just the way General described it..

For example, i'd describe the below hand personally as " Cushiony ( that's not even a word ) & padded.."..

post-136-054194200 1312757208_thumb.jpg

I read General's description in that way too, he just maybe wasn't exactly accurate in his wording, that would be my guess..

Edited by BobbyO

Sorry, had to enjoy some of my own freshly caught halibut Fish&Chips from Friday's fishing trip.

Derekfoot, I'm not your enemy. Believe it or not, I'm after the truth and if in the end my concerns are wrong, well I still did my due diligence based on my experiences. And I feel the Skookum cast is a good example of how a group of people of like minds proceed forward without objectivity. Everyone wanted it to be a primate and no avenues of properly inspecting the alternative were allowed. So if you find my pressing on certain unresolved issues hard to take, well how about full disclosure on photos and video of the scene? Right, never has happened has it? I still have the final element to disclose on that one that just keeps getting delayed on this end.

Bipedalist, re the one whose hands & body I was able to look at in complete detail, yes I remember his hands and his feet well because I made a mental effort to do so even back then. They were bare skinned just like ours, not dark pads of any sort. Of course tougher skin just as ours will get, but nothing like cushions. The skin of the palms blended into the sides of the hand of the same color on to where hair began coming down & covering the backs of the hands. Hair on the hands extended on over the back of fingers too. That bigfoot had dark brown hair all over. No variation in color. Oh and nails just like ours but much heavier, not claws as some wild drawings depict.

Now I will add, there have been different kinds of bigfoot reported, so who knows? Then there is the Dogman, but if they exist, that's not something I have any knowledge of either.

Tim, I realize he mentioned 10x body odor, which I included, I just found it interesting that coyote was mentioned again that's all.

Boy these NDA's sure can be a convenient means of not being able to discuss certain things...

Has anybody ever heard of anyone finding bigfoot scat along a logging road? They are surely smarter then to leave evidence of themselves lying around in the open like that. But it must have still been steaming since they were still there and that scat has apparently been connected to them.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

To get in on the hand discussion- I remember my Dad said that what he saw had short, think fingers in relation to the palm part. He said that the bigfoot looked like an African American in the face but I never thought to ask about the color of the skin or fur on the hands. Of course, this was in Mississippi, not in the PNW, there may be differences depending on location.

BFF Patron

For example, i'd describe the below hand personally as " Cushiony ( that's not even a word ) & padded.."..

post-136-054194200 1312757208_thumb.jpg

I read General's description in that way too, he just maybe wasn't exactly accurate in his wording, that would be my guess..

Maybe so but he could have just said a calloused, black hairy hand if it at all looks like the picture you threw up?!

Personally I would describe the hand as above, cushiony doesn't register with what I see. Still a discrepancy either in description or in

phenotype.

Are you pointing to a possible discrepancy in PT's story or in General's story, when it comes to the hand?

Guest slimwitless

100% agree.

As an aside, I'm amazed people claim to have been close enough to discern this kind of detail and yet we have no definitive photographic proof.

Guest General

Maybe so but he could have just said a calloused, black hairy hand

Imagen a black hand so caulised they are like paws/cusions with fingers.

BFF Patron

Are you pointing to a possible discrepancy in PT's story or in General's story, when it comes to the hand?

If these gentlemen witnessed the same thing within hundreds of miles of one another.....there should be no discrepancy in the description

of a bigfoot hand (granted a juveniles hand may not be as hairy as a mature specimen, nor as large but coloration should be uniform). I'm not talking Mississippi vs. Cali. Squatch here, I'm talking several hundred miles if not closer.

If there is a discrepancy of course it could be misid., inaccurate description or voluntary withholding of detail I suppose. But something such as a hand at close range should be able to be accurately described. Even if you were not interested in Bigfoot and suspected that you had just killed one-- the first thing you would do is check face, gender, hands and feet (if not taking a finger/thumb/toe with you and an ear--at the least, if not several other accessible parts). Since the gender card has already been pulled on Jodie for questioning I suppose it is a moot point.

Maybe it is the trickle of info. that is responsible for the discrepancy here. But I think the level of description is certainly lacking for such a huge discovery and that may be intentional, if so ...... guess that is the way it'll be until you buy the book....right?!

edited to add I see the clarification paws/cushions and callused. So what does paws infer? Like the padding of a dogs foot? And does that mean they were black?