Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

There seem to be some valid questions regarding this issue.

However, Derick would not be involved if this was a fake, correct?

I would love to discover that this is a lie or a hoax,that *none* of this happened, but some heavy hitters who are well known researchers with stellar reputations here seem to be backing up his story.. :(

So the consensus is that the story is true?

Derek and/or BBF members- I am alittie confused about one part of Generals statement, maybe someone can clear it up for me. General said there was snow on the ground. He also states that he could not find the Bigfoot. Did I miss something or is that correct so far. OK assuming the area was covered in snow then how is it he couldn't find the first bigfoot he shot? If the driver has a sample of the tissue and General took half and the driver took half wouldn't it seem that they retrieved that sample from the initial confrontation, or did the driver go back when the revisit happened? Just trying to get a better handle on the time line here. ptangier

Guest slimwitless

Derek and/or BBF members- I am alittie confused about one part of Generals statement, maybe someone can clear it up for me. General said there was snow on the ground. He also states that he could not find the Bigfoot. Did I miss something or is that correct so far. OK assuming the area was covered in snow then how is it he couldn't find the first bigfoot he shot? If the driver has a sample of the tissue and General took half and the driver took half wouldn't it seem that they retrieved that sample from the initial confrontation, or did the driver go back when the revisit happened? Just trying to get a better handle on the time line here. ptangier

Since you included BBF members, I'll respond based on what I've read. I don't think General said there was snow at the time of the shooting. There was snow when he returned with his dog later and that's when the flesh sample was recovered.

Guest Thepattywagon

Question for General:

How long did you observe the young one up close after it expired? You stated that you had 15 minutes to decide whether or not to shoot at the small ones, but that you only took approx one minute to "hide" the body.

So how much time expired between the second shooting and when you actually dragged the 40 lber into the brush to hide it? I ask this only so that we can get an idea of how long you had to study the youngster before hiding it.

Another question for 'General,' should you chose to answer/are able to answer (and forgive me if it was covered, I don't remember seeing it): How far were you from your vehicle when you shot the a. the female and b. the juvenile?

Edit to add: if a forum member knows the answer from a previous post that I missed, please enlighten me....

Edited by notgiganto

There seem to be some valid questions regarding this issue.

However, Derick would not be involved if this was a fake, correct?

I would love to discover that this is a lie or a hoax,that *none* of this happened, but some heavy hitters who are well known researchers with stellar reputations here seem to be backing up his story.. :(

So the consensus is that the story is true?

I personally don't know nor had ever heard of any of those involved in this story before 'now', so I find no reason to believe based on "stellar reputations" that anything is true.

Then again, they don't know me from Adam either, so it's a two-way street.

100% agree.

As an aside, I'm amazed people claim to have been close enough to discern this kind of detail and yet we have no definitive photographic proof.

Yep thats the way I see it

I personally don't know nor had ever heard of any of those involved in this story before 'now', so I find no reason to believe based on "stellar reputations" that anything is true.

Then again, they don't know me from Adam either, so it's a two-way street.

Guy, I have been a member here for a while, and after reading people's postings and discovering how knowledgeable they are through their own research, ideas, and discoveries that they *thankfully* post here, I now have forum members whom I trust because of their integrity, knowledge, and their abilities regarding their research and discoveries.

These people walk the walk and talk the talk.

They know what they are talking about.

I trust them. :D

I hope that this explanation helps.

Guest HairyGreek

I'm sorry, but if this is a valid observation.....we have a discrepancy.....and I think it is a big one. If they didn't look like paws/cushions PT then what was the color and texture? Also, what was the amount of hair on the fingers and back of the hands and what color was it? If you can't answer, then certainly General or Derekfoot can take another shot at it. Thanks in advance.

I don't know...I think we should consult the FBFB. This story does not confirm gray palms and feet.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Just want to lighten the mood a sec. Bipedalist, I think you may be seeing a discrepancy based on your predisposition that these creatures are more like apes and other animals and tend to look the same as the next one. This is JMO though, I may be wrong. While human beings all have pink pigment to our palms and feet, they can look extremely different based on exposure to different environs. Of which America has several types of. He spoke of gray fur as well. Does that mean he isn't telling the truth because a great deal of eyewitness accounts describe them as black, brown, and/or auburn? I don't see a reason for this to set off any alarm bells. Also, this is kinda what I was trying to get Prag to see when I responded to his post earlier. While we have a discrepancy, who has submitted a flesh sample for DNA analysis and had a second witness to the events? Not saying Prag is lying, just saying...well, you know. It is all up in the air if you scrutinize one account more than the other. I have seen no evidence to suggest Prag's encounter should be trusted over the General's. Just a statement of fact. Not trying to be critical of anyone. Lets just keep our minds open. Once again, JMVHO!! ;)

Guest HairyGreek

As an aside, I'm amazed people claim to have been close enough to discern this kind of detail and yet we have no definitive photographic proof.

+1 Sir! Nicely played. :rock:

BFF Patron

I don't know...I think we should consult the FBFB. This story does not confirm gray palms and feet.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Just want to lighten the mood a sec. Bipedalist, I think you may be seeing a discrepancy based on your predisposition that these creatures are more like apes and other animals and tend to look the same as the next one. This is JMO though, I may be wrong. While human beings all have pink pigment to our palms and feet, they can look extremely different based on exposure to different environs. Of which America has several types of. He spoke of gray fur as well. Does that mean he isn't telling the truth because a great deal of eyewitness accounts describe them as black, brown, and/or auburn? I don't see a reason for this to set off any alarm bells. Also, this is kinda what I was trying to get Prag to see when I responded to his post earlier. While we have a discrepancy, who has submitted a flesh sample for DNA analysis and had a second witness to the events? Not saying Prag is lying, just saying...well, you know. It is all up in the air if you scrutinize one account more than the other. I have seen no evidence to suggest Prag's encounter should be trusted over the General's. Just a statement of fact. Not trying to be critical of anyone. Lets just keep our minds open. Once again, JMVHO!! ;)

Who is saying whom is trusting in one account over the other? Hair is different from skin pigmentation. I have no ape predisposition in my thoughts on sasquatch whatsoever, so you are placing words where they do not belong in that respect. There are many accounts of dark gray and black skin in differing locations on the sasquatch hide. FB/FB does seem to have a predisposition as you say.....mostly on the gray/white Ostman's pads and hands of all places. My "musings" are just that. I do not compare apples to oranges but two Squatch from California's Sierras should have some remarkable phenotypic concordance be that what it may.

Guest slimwitless

General, did it occur to either of you after the second shooting that there might be other creatures (besides the juvenile) in the vicinity? Let me put it this way...were you watching your back? Also, what time of day did this occur? What was the weather like?

Guest HairyGreek

I have no ape predisposition in my thoughts on sasquatch whatsoever, so you are placing words where they do not belong in that respect.

Hence the words "I think" and "JMHO". I was just taking a guess since you thought that palm color was some sort of deal killer about someone's story. If that is not the case, no problem. I do not intend to put words in your mouth. I don't agree though that they can't be different and in that close to proximity. If they are more like us, I see lots of different races running around and the answer may just be as simple as that. Just a thought.

SSR Team

Maybe so but he could have just said a calloused, black hairy hand if it at all looks like the picture you threw up?!

Personally I would describe the hand as above, cushiony doesn't register with what I see. Still a discrepancy either in description or in

phenotype.

Exactly my point though B.. ;)