Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

This was a double-post, so I'll just let you all know that I submitted 10 Bigfoot puns to a pun contest, hoping that one would win, but no-pun-in-ten-did. :D

Edited by NiceGuyJon

Guest Thepattywagon

I was still touching the vehicle for the first shot second perhaps 150 yards. 2 minutes between last shot and kid expiring. Snow not on the ground at time of shooting it snowed a short time later. Sorry there is just too many ?s to answer tonight. I normally don't have the free time I have had the last few days to answer ?s online. If you have something eating at you feel free to pm me if I can answer I probably will

General, We had been told repeatedly that the distance between you and the adult was 80 to 100 yards. Suddenly, I'm reading that it's now 150 yds. One of my initial questions when SF broke this was the inability of an animal to be threatening at a distance of 80-100 yards. And if it's now closer to 150, that makes it even more difficult to be intimidating, I would think.

Should we take the "threatening" aspect out of this equation now, and replace it with another reason altogether for pulling the trigger? I am not judging the shooter based on his motive for deciding to shoot; he's already admitted it was a mistake.

Also, General, were you laying your rifle across any part of the vehicle while looking through the scope? I'm guessing not, since you were on the passenger side and the creature was on the right hand side of the logging road. But it sounds like you may have been using the truck for stability, even if it was by just leaning against it. Am I correct?

Guest General

Read it again, The question was how far away from the vehicle was I when shots happened. Not creatures

Edited by General

Guest HairyGreek

This was a double-post, so I'll just let you all know that I submitted 10 Bigfoot puns to a pun contest, hoping that one would win, but no-pun-in-ten-did. :D

ROFL at this AND your witty touche to Yowiie's post. Thank you for having a sense of humor! :lol:

Guest Thepattywagon

Read it again, The question was how far away from the vehicle was I when shots happened. Not creatures

Okay, it's hard to follow which specific questions you are answering sometimes.

Guest tpick

Tpick, I liked your post better the first time, thanks

Thought it may hurt more than help so I toned it down. Thanks

Question for Derekfoot: Can you tell more about the book project? Who's writing it? What is it about and when will it come out? Thank's!

General,

Thinking back now...what do you think the adult squatch was trying to do? Was it trying to communicate or intimidate you away?

Also, did it seem like it was maybe elderly or already injured?

SSR Team

That really doesn't make a lot of sense, you hadn't heard of Bigfoot? And your supposed to be a woodsman of sorts? I thought BF was a well known issue in the USA, where have you been?

At this stage you haven't shown one ounce of credible evidence to support this tale, until then I feel that its total BS

99% of the US Population doesn't believe in BF or think it exists Yowie, probably more than that in fact..

Edited by Jodie
edited original qoute

Guest vilnoori

Just a note about skin pigment, people that have dark skin pigment and live outside (weathering) without bathing much (dirt) do get a grayish cast to the skin, something I saw a lot of in Africa in the old days. I have seen what someone looks like who has not bathed in over 7 years. Their skin is definitely grey. If you look at chimp images online, particularly in the wild, you will see that if they are dark-complexioned their skin also looks grey if it is weathered.

And as for us, aboriginals the world over are fond of painting their skin. If you saw some of these guys for the first time and had never seen anyone but what your own family looks like (such as people making first contact in the 1500's and 1600's were) maybe you'd take them for a figment of the imagination or as demons or aliens, too. LOL

ROFL at this AND your witty touche to Yowiie's post. Thank you for having a sense of humor! :lol:

Well thank you very much, glad someone got a laugh! (it's nice when you are not the only one laughing at your own joke!)

rwridley, this particular sample had nothing to do with delaying the paper. The General sent this sample to Melba back in November. We have multiple samples from another site that were sent pretty late in the game though, but that was because she asked for them.

Everybody needs to understand that there are a lot of researchers who are involved with this study. There are a lot of other samples besides ours. This one particular sample has a lot of attention because of the circumstances, but we wouldn't even be talking about it if it wasn't leaked.

A final decision on the author has not been made but we are close. I will be co-authoring because the book will not just be about the shooting, it will also cover the DNA study, the Olympic Project and the people involved, as well as my research for the last 26 years. There will also be a chapter about the dynamics of the research community. The good, the bad and the ugly. We are going to try and have the book out as soon as possible.

DR