Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

The book can't possibly be released before Dr. Ketchum has the larger study published though, correct? NDA surely prevents that from happening?

Derekfoot

You wrote on your site that hunter1 shot the little one and that it fell and that the hunter lifted the creature "He lifted it up, and then placed it in the brush. They then decided that they needed to leave, now." My question is this if the creature was not that heavy to lift up and i am sure it was a strange animal to shoot in the first place why did he not take this animal back with him as proof? rather then trying and going back later and gethering dna that could be later contaminated.The other thing that get me as a hunter is this ,is it legal to drive in cali with your rifle in the truck and spot your game.Here in Michigan the only way that i see this happening is by being handicap and having permission by the DNR to do so.Why were the hunters not sure of what they were shooting at in the first place as well?ethics means alot to me but for them to see something in an open field and not know what they are shooting at well that says alot.Was there rifle scoped but even if it was not there should have been no mistake at what they were seeing.They should have grabbed that body and brought it back with them .How i see it if they had the guts to shoot at it they sure as hell should have grabbed it and showed the world.Just my opionion :D

Guest HairyGreek

Julio, got a dead horse around? LOL. May want to read through the whole thread again. General has addressed just about every one of these questions. Derek wasn't there.

Correct.

Derek said:A final decision on the author has not been made but we are close. I will be co-authoring because the book will not just be about the shooting, it will also cover the DNA study, the Olympic Project and the people involved, as well as my research for the last 26 years. There will also be a chapter about the dynamics of the research community. The good, the bad and the ugly. We are going to try and have the book out as soon as possible.

Susi asks:

So the Sierra shooting event has made it into the books?

That must mean that this nightmare really happened.

Hopefully laws will be passed to protect these creatures because unless the BF is attacking humans and is close up, they should not be shot at, nor killed.

Fire into the air/ground, and run for safety.

General had room to run and was not sure what he was killing due to the distance away, plus turning on his car and leaving would have taken seconds.

He's making money off of this :(

What am I missing here? The shooter claimed to have never given much thought to Bigfoot so he didn't realize quickly what they were ect ect...

Now multiple people claim (name removed) is the shooter. If true, then he's far from ignorant of Bigfoot because (name removed) actually works for the Olympic Project.

What am I missing? Why has no one else noticed this?

Guest HairyGreek

What am I missing here? The shooter claimed to have never given much thought to Bigfoot so he didn't realize quickly what they were ect ect...

Now multiple people claim (name removed) is the shooter. If true, then he's far from ignorant of Bigfoot because (name removed) actually works for the Olympic Project.

I have never seen a double post in two seperate threads. The board really is acting up... :rolleyes: I think this post made in one place is sufficient, wouldn't you agree?

Guest HairyGreek

General had room to run and was not sure what he was killing due to the distance away, plus turning on his car and leaving would have taken seconds.

He's making money off of this :(

Susi...you are waffling again. He hasn't made a penny yet. Calm down hon.

It's been discussed. (name removed) joined the OP after this incident. Like so many who have had personal encounters, he's now become actively involved in research.

Susi...you are waffling again. He hasn't made a penny yet. Calm down hon.

:wub: Thank you H.G.. I am calm, just sad and sorry that this tragedy happened.

I'm an animal lover with 3 dogs, and 2 cats who get along very well.

I rescue animals, that is where all but 3-4 of my animals came from during my whole life.

Animals show up and I take care of them until we find the owners, or if it was abandoned, we have kept them.

It sounds like this Sierra experience will become widely known and I hope that BF will be put on a Do Not Shoot list with hefty fines and jail time for anyone killing these animals unless some hikers/hunters/campers are in fear for their lives..

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest tpick

Now multiple people claim (name removed) is the shooter. If true, then he's far from ignorant of Bigfoot because (name removed)actually works for the Olympic Project.

...i was alone in my wolfpack...

:P

Guest HairyGreek

:wub: Thank you. I am calm, just sad and sorry that this tragedy happened.

I'm an animal lover with 3 dogs, and 2 cats who get along very well.

I rescue animals, that is where all but 3-4 of my animals came from during my whole life.

Animals show up and I take care of them until we find the owners, or if it was abandoned, we have kept them.

It sounds like this Sierra experience will become widely known and I hope that BF will be put on a Do Not Shoot list with hefty fines and jail time for anyone killing these animals unless some hikers/hunters/campers are in fear for their lives..

I am also an animal lover; but I do eat my pound of flesh weekly so I am no hypocrite. I know my protiens come from all things fuzzy, feathery, and furry. Sounds to me like this may be closer to shooting a human and its child though. But the jury ain't even close to out yet. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.