Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

It sounds like this Sierra experience will become widely known and I hope that BF will be put on a Do Not Shoot list with hefty fines and jail time for anyone killing these animals unless some hikers/hunters/campers are in fear for their lives..

IF all science has is a smattering of DNA samples with NO BODY to go with it and no VERIFIABLE chain of custody for both the body and the DNA, it will never be recognized or accepted by science or any governmental agency.

-----

I'm completely astonished at the overall "over the rainbow hopes" everyone has that THIS is going to somehow change the game. I'm completely *no kill*, but even I'm realistic enough to understand that without a body for science to tear in to, the species is never going to be recognized or accepted.

Well Guy, I think it will at least create enough interest to repeat the study or try to find a body to match what the results indicate should they pan out to be something unidentified. However, I don't think it will happen in a year or two years, but will be a long drawn out process. I think most of the bigfoot community, as well as the general public, will not be able to understand what the study results really mean. That's my take on it, anyway.

Well Art, maybe I screwed up. I've talked about it so many times now it's really tough to be perfect. I am human. Like Justin, I don't want to talk about this, and we aren't even supposed to be talking about it. I'm talking about it because of the leak....well I wont go there again. It has been assumed that it's female since the beginning by everybody so I might be conditioned enough to let something slip that's not accurate. If i said that I didn't mean to. I'm telling you straight, don't go by that. If I made a mistake then I made a mistake.

Jodie, i think maybe you're right.

DR

I don't want anything, what so ever, to mess this up. As curious as I am, I believe I can wait, and so can everyone else too.

Guest General

I'm still looking for a picture that matches it best. Havent found it yet, but will post it when I do. Haven't listened to the sound clips either but I will tonight or tomorrow.

Now that I'm done with vacation I seriously doubt ill have much time at all to post on here, I don't mean this as a pan of exit but as I said a few days ago or yesterday I will be posting much less, between goin back to work and deer season starts saturday and salmon seasons in full swing, catfish, and stripers, and hogs to chase, well I got my hands full.

For the next few weeks if I'm not huntin or fishin or in the woods ill be workin or sleepin. Ill check in now and then

Guest slimwitless

IF all science has is a smattering of DNA samples with NO BODY to go with it and no VERIFIABLE chain of custody for both the body and the DNA, it will never be recognized or accepted by science or any governmental agency.

-----

I'm completely astonished at the overall "over the rainbow hopes" everyone has that THIS is going to somehow change the game. I'm completely *no kill*, but even I'm realistic enough to understand that without a body for science to tear in to, the species is never going to be recognized or accepted.

Doesn't science recognize the Denisovans without a body (based solely on DNA)? Assuming Ketchum has the goods, how would this be any different?

BFF Patron

I think chain of custody is not an issue with some of the other samples (or so we are told), not sure about this Sierra deal......guess we'll find out if we are lucky.

If I am reading the post on this thread correctly, it would appear that the shooting of a Bigfoot has been confirmed and the issue of whether or not this event actually occurred is no longer in question. However, I have seen nothing that would confirm that bfs have been shot. I agree with GuyinIndiana that some folks mistakenly believe that some DNA results from tissues without a proper chain of custody will close the door on the debate regarding the existence of Bigfoot. it will take much more than that to convince most people of the existence of Bigfoot. I for one will be very skeptical of any DNA results that claim Bigfoot is human. Obviously, human DNA is very easy to get a hold of considering that there are is over 6 billion of us or so on the planet.

I'm still looking for a picture that matches it best. Havent found it yet, but will post it when I do. Haven't listened to the sound clips either but I will tonight or tomorrow.

Now that I'm done with vacation I seriously doubt ill have much time at all to post on here, I don't mean this as a pan of exit but as I said a few days ago or yesterday I will be posting much less, between goin back to work and deer season starts saturday and salmon seasons in full swing, catfish, and stripers, and hogs to chase, well I got my hands full.

For the next few weeks if I'm not huntin or fishin or in the woods ill be workin or sleepin. Ill check in now and then

General, I'm wondering, if you spotted another BF or a BF child, would you shoot, or refrain from killing any more of these creatures?

Would you try to get pictures, or just walk away?

Thanks for your answer..

how would this be any different?

I'm guessing that the presence of a finger bone, tooth and other artifacts found in the dig, along with the mitrocondrial dna having partial matches with other known, established hominin gives much more weight.

Then again, I'm not a scientist and I don't play one on TV. I also didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

If I am reading the post on this thread correctly, it would appear that the shooting of a Bigfoot has been confirmed and the issue of whether or not this event actually occurred is no longer in question.

A claim of confirmation is only that: a claim. When there's actual proof, it could be called *confirmed*.

Sweetsusiq, I got to admit, sometimes you crack me up. I don't know when he'll be back so I'll take this one. As posted in this thread, just a few days ago, he regrets what he did. If he could hit the rewind button he would. It's affected him in many ways. He's hopefully morphing into a researcher. He now realizes the importance of gathering evidence, and it's very obvious that he would never do that again.

DR

Edited by Derekfoot

Guyinindiana, do you have any idea what's going on here? Have you read the Ketchum thread? Do you realize there's a DNA study going on? Any idea what a NDA is? Do you have any idea about the leak? Do you know what damage control is? Do you know anything about the Olympic Project?

****, feels good to ask the questions for a change. The paper is in Peer Review. Read it when it comes out, or you can research these threads and catch up.

DR

There has been a woman working her ass off for the last two and a half years to bring you your proof. I would think researchers would think that's pretty cool. Maybe I'm wrong.