Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Apologies if this doesn't belong here but it came up and I'm genuinely curious. I don't get the "chain of custody" argument. Is the critique going to be, "yep, you have hominid DNA from multiple samples, it's x% between man and chimp and it doesn't match anything else known to science but...we don't trust the chain of custody." Even if the DNA came from Uncle Bob, wouldn't that call into question everything we know about the human genome (or at least Uncle Bob)?

Seriously, unless DNA sequences can be faked I don't understand the critique. Chain of custody is clearly important for a whole host of other reasons (is the animal extinct - if not, where does it live, etc) but otherwise wouldn't new hominid DNA be an incredible discovery? What am I missing?

I agree, numbers and diversity of the samples would seem to be more important to me..... evidence of a population of new hominids.

The NDA prohibits discussing specifics about the results of the study, but submitters can discuss where their evidence comes from, and how it was collected.

Derekfoot, you claim the Olympic Project has submitted around 100 samples.

I'd be very interested to know where these samples come from. Have they all been collected on the Olympic Peninsula? Under what circumstances? Did you guys find them by accident, did you find them after sightings, were they found because of trailcam pictures or hints? And what kind of samples are they? Mostly hair?

Thank's for hanging around the BFF and patiently answering questions. I appreciate it.

Guest Strick

Worked with all those guys and still can't spell "team". Sorry, not enough sleep lol.

At least you know there's no 'l' in it.....!

I will be the first to admit that I might be a tad bit overly paranoid on this, but this would be my recommendation to Derek and the OP group:

1 - Make an accounting of each and every person that has approached you with information on this incident.

2 - Cross reference all those people with Biscardi to see if they have links or ties

(ex . - JC Johnson - Yes Johnson / Biscardi link, Melba Ketchum - Yes Ketchum / Biscardi link etc etc .....)

3 - If a pattern starts to emerge........start demanding to see, touch, feel, taste the actual physical evidence.

I just hate seeing good people get hoodwinked.

I hated it when it happened to Kulls and I don't want to see it again.

I respect the people that are actually out there doing the hard work (like Derek and Kulls) and it infuriates me to no end that hucksters will try to manipulate that hard work and passion for their own demented goals.

Again....I hope I am waaaaaaay off base.

I can understand concerns about affiliation. But if Someone could convince you of affiliation by simply writing up and article "about " someone then I'm afraid there is a lack of critical thinking there. If Biscardi supplies physical evidence that matches the other results that's one thing, but if someone were bright they wouldn't go through him to have their samples tested.

Derekfoot, you claim the Olympic Project has submitted around 100 samples.

I'd be very interested to know where these samples come from. Have they all been collected on the Olympic Peninsula? Under what circumstances? Did you guys find them by accident, did you find them after sightings, were they found because of trailcam pictures or hints? And what kind of samples are they? Mostly hair?

Thank's for hanging around the BFF and patiently answering questions. I appreciate it.

Well that wasn't Dereck you quoted but I'll let him answer.

Guest Thepattywagon

Question for General regarding this statement in post #388.

"Yes meat eaters (deer forsure) and berries.I know I saw their crap"

Are you allowed to share any information about the scat you found, or is that something covered under your NDA? If so, I am curious if you could answer the following:

How long prior to the shooting incident was it that you found scat that you attributed to Bigfoot?

Where did you see this scat? Was it on a road or off in the brush/woods, and if so, approximately how far from the road did you see it?

Did you find only one pile of scat, or did you happen upon more than one in the area you were looking?

Did you take any pictures of it, and if so, are you permitted to share them here?

Could you describe it to us as far as size, color, number of piles etc? Any physical description would be great. Your statement implies that you took time to carefully check it out.

Thanks much General!

Guest tpick

Well that wasn't Dereck you quoted but I'll let him answer.

Actually... he did. :) Back a few posts. BTW, that's an incredible number. I can't wait to see the bio on those samples.

HairyGreek, I haven't personally seen the Erickson Footage but I have three close friends that have. They all say it's pretty **** good. I guess the clips are short but the clarity is better than anything else out there. I'm looking very forward to seeing it myself.

Swisschris, the samples we've submitted are a saliva sample, the flesh sample and many hair samples. All but the flesh sample did come from the Olympics. We know a few spots where these creatures reside. Some of our team members focus on these areas and are able to obtain these samples. I will not disclose these areas because we are still working in them. The last thing we want is for and area to be inundated with people. A TON of time goes into an area like this. Not trying to be all secretive, just don't want to ruin it.

Guest tpick

HairyGreek, I haven't personally seen the Erickson Footage but I have three close friends that have. They all say it's pretty **** good. I guess the clips are short but the clarity is better than anything else out there. I'm looking very forward to seeing it myself.

Swisschris, the samples we've submitted are a saliva sample, the flesh sample and many hair samples. All but the flesh sample did come from the Olympics. We know a few spots where these creatures reside. Some of our team members focus on these areas and are able to obtain these samples. I will not disclose these areas because we are still working in them. The last thing we want is for and area to be inundated with people. A TON of time goes into an area like this. Not trying to be all secretive, just don't want to ruin it.

Good stuff DF. I think we are seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. Can I ask you how many times you have gotten a good look at a Bigfoot? I know you have probably answered this somewhere already but if you don't mind answering again, I appreciate it. And, if I may ask, when you see them, do they strike fear in you at all? thanks bro.

Thank's! I completely understand this. Did sightings by OP members occur at the immediate locations where samples were found?

I'll pile on the answer wagon for Derek as well. If one of your camera traps you have set would snap a good clear picture of a Bigfoot, could you release that independent of the DNA study or is all the work of the Olympic Project now tied in with the study? Thanks Derek for answering our questions.

Guest bsruther

In the past, Derek has released trail cam pics that he believes are BF and said that he would in the future if the OP obtained more.

There are two on the OP site.

Derek

Now that i have read a little more about you, I now understand that you have more then just one sample of DNA yes.Are these samples of the same creatures and do the DNA read the same in sequence?Even though there is no match to any other animal on this earth, do the samples that were collected before the shooting match in sequence with the DNA that was collected after the shooting? Is this ok to at least in a way to explain in such a way that it will at least let us know that yes there is something that is real for those who have never seen these creatures. :) No need to disclose any details ,just a yes or no answer will do.Thank you.

If this had been said before i am sorry and i apolligize.

Mark :)

Edited by julio126