Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

General, it would be cool for you and your teammates to make a few dollars for gas and motel rooms at least.

I have a few questions that may help all of us.

How much would you estimate the female BF weighed?

Did the female look like Patty in the Patterson film?

With all the scat around, they must have been nesting close by. What do you think?

Did you think she would charge the truck? Scary thought.

Do you regret not loading up the juvenile since it would have solved the mystery?

Guest General

General, it would be cool for you and your teammates to make a few dollars for gas and motel rooms at least.

I have a few questions that may help all of us.

How much would you estimate the female BF weighed?

Did the female look like Patty in the Patterson film?

With all the scat around, they must have been nesting close by. What do you think?

Did you think she would charge the truck? Scary thought.

Do you regret not loading up the juvenile since it would have solved the mystery?

600lbs as i said somewhere.

nothing like patty unless chuck norris and larry the cable guy look alike, but at the same time they did look so a like if that makes sense.

idk much about their ''nesting'' cycles, but i do know they lived in this exact area, or close by. Their tracks show that as well. i believe 100 percent they will be back there this fall and my cameras will be waiting for them.

idk what would have happened if i didnt shoot, thats all i can honestly say, i really dont know.

yes, i do very very very much regret not loading the kid in my truck, it would have saved us all soooooo much time.

gday derek

i read on another site that wally hersom has a blown up photo from a trail cam on his wall and its said to be impressive. is this a photo that hasnt been shown on the olympic site? and why not. cheers

bump

Hey General

Your comment that they would be back this fall is intriguing to me, do you believe them to be migratory then? Judging by previous comments this area is snowed in in the winter and must be of a considerable elevation if it's in the Sierra Nevadas, I'm assuming that there reason for migrating into that area in the fall is not a weather thing then as it sounds like snow starts in that area in mid to late fall, so are you suspecting them to come back because of some food source in the area, or is it just a hunch you have as in they were there last year so they'll be back this year.

I'm hoping to find out more about potential migratory patterns of these animals as in my area there is a location with multiple sightings in the past few years, But the sightings have always been in June, with little to report in other months, so I'm wondering if there may be something to this in your area that would help my studies here in mine.

Prag, you always know what to say, at least in your mind. My answer to your last five paragraphs is.......nothing.

I have great answers to all of your questions but if I answer them you'll just come up with new ways to say the same thing. You're good at that, but I'm bored. :D

lil foot, yes he does have a life size pic. "Big Phil". I'll check with him and see if it's OK for me to talk about on this forum.

General, thanks for keeping it real! Call you tomorrow.

Prag, you always know what to say, at least in your mind. My answer to your last five paragraphs is.......nothing.

I have great answers to all of your questions but if I answer them you'll just come up with new ways to say the same thing. You're good at that, but I'm bored. :D

Wow

Guest General

Hey General

Your comment that they would be back this fall is intriguing to me, do you believe them to be migratory then? Judging by previous comments this area is snowed in in the winter and must be of a considerable elevation if it's in the Sierra Nevadas, I'm assuming that there reason for migrating into that area in the fall is not a weather thing then as it sounds like snow starts in that area in mid to late fall, so are you suspecting them to come back because of some food source in the area, or is it just a hunch you have as in they were there last year so they'll be back this year.

I'm hoping to find out more about potential migratory patterns of these animals as in my area there is a location with multiple sightings in the past few years, But the sightings have always been in June, with little to report in other months, so I'm wondering if there may be something to this in your area that would help my studies here in mine.

Sense you asked, IMO these ANIMALS follow the food, constantly moving (thats an opinion btw) derek is a better person to ask. i've had the least amount of experience with this animals in some ways. The food moves plenty, then they move. they follow what i call the green belt which is pretty self explanatory if you live where i live... (starts shortly after snow melt arounde 3k ft with green grass then goes up to 7k in just a few months) I'm not trying to act like a know it all. I'm just stating what is the obvious imo from what i've seen in my very very limited experience in this area with these creatures.

the particular family i have followed has traveled very little, 5 miles tops from day one to now. i guess that contradicts what i have just said. i dont have all the answers and i want them as bad as the rest of you do.

thanks for your response on that. Derek can you comment further on any sort of migratory patterns you've witnessed with the Olympic Project research out on the Olympic Pennisula which is very similar to the climate of the area I'm studying.

Why, are you going to try and tell me it's a bear track?

I simply asked a relevant question and you stated that you were here to answer any relevant questions that don't put you in violation of an NDA by doing so. In this case, I'm asking a question about a photo of impressions that you posted for discussion. There's more than one impression in the image you posted IMO. It certainly is your right to chose which questions you want to answer, but why did you post the image if you're not willing to discuss it? These impressions were found in an event that has nothing to do with the shooting having both temporal and spacial separation from said event. You stated that you had two of the best trackers in the PNW with you for this excursion. I think it's very relevant what they had to say about these impressions. And yes, based on what we see in the single photo you provided the centered impression looks very much to me like the impression left by the rear foot of a bear. I'm also seeing something in that image that I think provides scale for the impressions. Did your trackers opinion differ from what I'm seeing? If their opinion does differ from mine did, why are you so seemingly reluctant to discuss it?

Guest General

I simply asked a relevant question and you stated that you were here to answer any relevant questions that don't put you in violation of an NDA by doing so. In this case, I'm asking a question about a photo of impressions that you posted for discussion. There's more than one impression in the image you posted IMO. It certainly is your right to chose which questions you want to answer, but why did you post the image if you're not willing to discuss it? These impressions were found in an event that has nothing to do with the shooting having both temporal and spacial separation from said event. You stated that you had two of the best trackers in the PNW with you for this excursion. I think it's very relevant what they had to say about these impressions. And yes, based on what we see in the single photo you provided the centered impression looks very much to me like the impression left by the rear foot of a bear. I'm also seeing something in that image that I think provides scale for the impressions. Did your trackers opinion differ from what I'm seeing? If their opinion does differ from mine did, why are you so seemingly reluctant to discuss it?

i'm not trying to be elusive, i'm here just busy working. i'm actually not entirely sure what pictures your talking about. I posted pictures (or i think derek did) of what i believe are the only semi clear pictures of a bigfoot track that has happened in this area (to me personally anyways, thats forsure) some might seem its a bear track, imo that is ridiculous. that looks nothing like a bear track. look at a couple thousand and you may agree with me. the trackers with me at the time were split 50/50 on why they thought it was what they thought it was.) i've seen a lot of bear tracks, this just wasnt one of them.

BFF Patron
....the particular family i have followed has traveled very little, 5 miles tops from day one to now.

So this was an active family group in this area prior to the shooting or is this new info. based on the recovery and followup

efforts? Just curious if you were actively hunting or tracking this family group when you accidentally came upon them? Simple question really.

lil foot, yes he does have a life size pic. "Big Phil". I'll check with him and see if it's OK for me to talk about on this forum.

General, thanks for keeping it real! Call you tomorrow.

thanks derek for answering my question, and if allowed by wally, would love to know more details of the picture, size of subject, what it was doing when the photo was taken, and when or if it will ever be released for view, etc. cheers