Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Batski

In all my bigfoot wisdom I must say this is turning out to be the biggest scandal since the 2008 Georgia hoax. I can’t believe the voices of wisdom here have let this go on this long. This is such an embarrassment to the bigfoot community it will make us all look bad in the public eye. Mark my word in the end quality bigfoot research everywhere will suffer because of this.

To each his own Batski, I think the significance of what Dr. Ketchum has found won't be immediately recognized by the scientific community or understood by most of us, however, it is a step in the right direction. So far, the average person does not have the ability to fake DNA results, but I do think the overall bigfoot DNA analysis results will be open for interpretation.

It took many years for the scientific community to come to the general consensus that Neanderthal's were absorbed into the Cro-Magnon line. The implications for health care for the masses as a result of that conclusion hasn't been fully realized yet. I don't see this as being any different, whatever the results turn out to be.

In all my bigfoot wisdom I must say this is turning out to be the biggest scandal since the 2008 Georgia hoax. I can’t believe the voices of wisdom here have let this go on this long. This is such an embarrassment to the bigfoot community it will make us all look bad in the public eye. Mark my word in the end quality bigfoot research everywhere will suffer because of this.

1. Not sure how this qualifies as a scandal when it's really not being discussed outside of the BF community. The mainstream media flocked to the Georgia story. There hasn't been a peep out of them about this.

2. When did debating an event become tacit acceptance of an event? I think you'll find very few people stating they believe this happened. They're being respectful (as they should), and keeping an open mind (which they should), but most have been cautious in their wording. "If" has been used quite a bit. Again, this isn't an indictment of General or Derek. But as you pointed out, an indictment based on past claims. We're all curious and willing to listen, but the majority of the folks in this thread have taken a wait-and-see strategy.

3. The number one refrain by the BF community whenever someone makes claims of proof is "BF research will suffer when this is proven to be a fraud." I've never understood that line of reasoning. We have to be honest with ourselves. Nothing could damage BF research more than making the simple claim that there is a possibility that such a creature exists. In the eyes of most people in the mainstream, it's just too preposterous to consider. Trust me, the only ones it matters too are die-hard believers and die-hard skeptics. The believers will never be detered and the skeptics will never change their minds. BF's reputation will be totally unharmed by the outcome of this event, no matter the outcome.

BFF Patron
....Nothing could damage BF research more than making the simple claim that there is a possibility that such a creature exists. In the eyes of most people in the mainstream, it's just too preposterous to consider. Trust me, the only ones it matters too are die-hard believers and die-hard skeptics. The believers will never be detered and the skeptics will never change their minds. BF's reputation will be totally unharmed by the outcome of this event, no matter the outcome.

Big thumbs up and reputation lift for that one! :thumbsup:

Nothing could damage BF research more than making the simple claim that there is a possibility that such a creature exists. In the eyes of most people in the mainstream, it's just too preposterous to consider. Trust me, the only ones it matters too are die-hard believers and die-hard skeptics. The believers will never be detered and the skeptics will never change their minds. BF's reputation will be totally unharmed by the outcome of this event, no matter the outcome.

RW:

Gotta respectfully disagree with you bro..

It seems lately that the Sasquatch phenomonon has been taking more big negative perception hits in public than other "outside the mainstream" topics.

Maybe I'm just a little hyper sensitive, but when is the last time, in recent history (last 10 years), you saw a UFO hoaxer, Lake Monster Hoaxer or Ghost Hoaxer get nationally nailed and embarrassed. I'm talking getting major coverage...not simply outed by a forum.

The Georgia Hoax received major attention from outside of the BF community and it was a huge running joke around water coolers across the country afterwards.

I specifically remember some of my friends ribbing me about it....and I am a frigg'n "skeptical hopeful interested" type as opposed to a die hard beleiver.

Here is my biggest fear:

Getting resolution to this phenomenon will require real money and real science.

If the topic again becomes the national laughing stock, benefactors who were willing to pitch in might shy away...and science defintitly will.

I miss my scratching head smiley, Where is the "quality" research without verifiable physical evidence?

Edited by southernyahoo

BFF Patron
Mark my word in the end quality bigfoot research everywhere will suffer because of this.

Quality BF research is going on everyday.....it is just on hold for when we have all of our ducks in a row or all the i's dotted and t's crossed ! :lol:

I agree, but in the eyes of public perception, we know what they want before they will give us our "researcher" badges. :lol:

Guest Thepattywagon

Slabdog said,

"Getting resolution to this phenomenon will require real money and real science."

But isn't that exactly what is going on now, with the OP and the EP? Seem like there's a lot of both being thrown at this.

Ok Derek or General- Did the bigfoot child have ears? Reason I ask, is we are discussing the telepathy issue in another thread. One of the other mods found some research regarding cochlear implants for the deaf and evidently there are some ranges of infrasound that can stimulate the EMF field in the temporal lobes to create the perception of hearing. I know the General said they chattered like deaf people but I don't recall if he mentioned anything looking like ears on the creature.

Guest billgreen2010

hey biped jodie everyone...WOW this ongoing situation is realy getting heated intence etc.... to be continued :):rolleyes: