Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest HairyGreek

n o p e !!

When a man changes his avatar to make a joke...that is dedication!

Any minute now Jodie will be on here talking about Sleestaks...

Edited by HairyGreek

When a man changes his avatar to make a joke...that is dedication!

I really wondered if you were gonna notice the pointed ears on my Wendigo !!

That was pretty quick !

( i like it... think ill leave it for a while)

Art

Guest HairyGreek

Sleestaks scare me!\

landofthelost4.jpg

EEK! Scary!!!!!!

I just hope Greedo was smart enough to sue so he gets in on any profits those clowns make.

Hmmm... not so fast perhaps? Mike Rugg discusses the Sierra Shooting, with a quite interesting tidbit at the end indicating that perhaps all is not what it seems... (imagine that!)

Guest HairyGreek

Hmmm... not so fast perhaps? Mike Rugg discusses the Sierra Shooting, with a quite interesting tidbit at the end indicating that perhaps all is not what it seems... (imagine that!)

Hey! What's all this back on topic stuff NGJ! Can't watch this from work. Will check it out then unless someone wants to throw out a summation.

Edited by HairyGreek

Hey! What's all this back on topic stuff NGJ! Can't watch this from work. Will check it out then unless someon wants to throw out a summation.

Will it work for you if I embed it? Not sure if I know how... let's see if this works. (lowers welding mask)

Guest HairyGreek

Nope...YouTube is well and properly blocked. Gah...

sent it to my Droid...

Edited by HairyGreek

Nope...YouTube is well and properly blocked. Gah...

Well most of the video is just him rehashing everything we've beaten to death in this thread, but at the end he says that he think the whole thing might be a "disinformation" tactic. He does say that he thinks very highly of Derek Randles and this gives him pause in outright calling it a hoax, but there are some weird elements for sure.

He says it just so happens that the day after the story broke on Cryptomundo, he met a father and son team in the museum who were on a "Bigfoot Quest" as they put it. They told him a recent (at the time) story about an uncle or a cousin of theirs who was out bear hunting in mid-October in the very same area that this was purported to take place. Well, sure enough they shot a very big bear (around 9-10 ft tall, about 700 lbs or so), and a much smaller bear (about 175). Well the bear was in the back of their truck when they stopped at a gas station on their way home, and when they came out a crowd was gathering around their truck laughing and joking because they had killed "bigfoot". It was just a joke because of how big the bear was and how it looked laying in the truck. The father and son were laughing about it, because the alleged "Sierra Kill" happened on the same day in the same area as this bear kill, and they were saying "gee I wonder if someone ACTUALLY thought it was a bear".

So that's enough to make you go "hmmmm..." but then Mike Rugg (the speaker in the video) goes on to say "I have a picture of the bear, as a matter of fact" and pulls it up on his computer and sure enough it looks like a darn Bigfoot the way it's sprawled across the back of the truck! It has one leg hanging off the side and its "arms" down around its waste with it's head tossed back as you might look after falling asleep watching TV!

He says he's concerned that they were "using something that was real to create a story that wasn't real that could cause problems for the DNA project". He says he contacted Derek and warned him.

Derekfoot, any comment on that conversation?

post-1710-032018000 1313614942_thumb.png

I'm working under the assumption that the DNA speaks for itself that what was shot on the mountain wasn't a bear. I think how that specimen was obtained is what we are debating here, so I'm not sure how the story of the bear (might have been mistaken for bigfoot lying on the back of a truck) can hurt the results that are already obtained or influence the cumulative results of the study? Is my train of thought derailed in following this line?

HairyGreek- If I can find a Sleestak avatar, I'll change my mermaid out just for you. :)

Guest slimwitless

Mike Rugg isn't the first to suggest this story was born out of the shooting of two black bears in the area. This idea was circulating shortly after Lindsay broke the story - maybe from someone that called Fish and Game. So what's the insinuation? That General was the hunter that shot the black bear or that he was in the crowd looking at the squatchy bear when a light bulb went off? It doesn't work for me. If General was hunting black bear when the incident occurred then obviously he was in an area where black bears are hunted and killed. Beyond that, remember the location originally reported by Lindsay appears to be wrong. That means any parallels made by the visitor to Rugg's museum are likely flawed.

It's interesting, but it's really not new information. I think the biggest takeaway from all this is that no one really knows what happened. The only thing to do is sit back and wait.