Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

General, here's one I think is interesting. Some say it's like a Japanese voice but in a way I think it also sounds somewhat like a deaf person communicating.

Chris B.

Those sounds are awesome!! Never took the time to listen before today

because, usually, you barely hear anything anyway. Very good stuff, and

I agree with Chris on the type of speech.

I heard these vocalizations recently in an interview and they said the audio recording has been slowed down to be able to hear it more clearly. Played at full speed they don't sound like language at all. It does sound very interesting and I would think it would be hard to fake, although I guess not impossible.

I am not trying to derail here but I mearly post to verify the sounds that are posted here. I have posted elsewhere on the forum about first hand experience with the "samarai grumbling". I don't have recordings of it but I did experience it from a squatch at about 75-90ft while on my front porch. The episode occured because I had heard "someone" playing with my next door neighbor's mailbox. It sounded like someone was flicking the little flag on the side of the mailbox. It was dark, and a crepe myrtle was between me and the mailbox. I shined a flashlight at the area (around the tree) and in the direction of the mailbox. Immediately I heard very deep growling from the area in question. It was shocking enough that I stood straight up. As I continued to shine the light, I heard the familiar (I'd heard the "Sierra sounds" before) gutteral samarai grumbling. The flashlight was definately irritating the subject.

As I continued to shine the light around the tree that blocked my view, in the perifery of the flashlight beam, I observed for a split second, a large dark form running up the side of the road the other way. That night pretty much told me for sure what was walking/running around the neighborhood/my yard at night.

The sounds I have heard since then (other than mimickry) were very similar to these. Based upon my personal experiences, I believe the "Sierra Sounds" recordings to be authentic, and genuine. Oh, incidentally, before the mailbox in question, the neighbor had installed one that was a very life-like representation of a large mouth bass. The next morning, it was gone without a trace.LOL-Knuck

Guest craichead

That bear is nowhere close to a "standing" ten feet and 700 lbs. More like 7ft. and 400 lbs. This smells to me of the same old "out of the loop" professional jealousy crap that crops up alot in Bigfoot research. I'm hanging my hat on Derek and General. I think they have gone above and beyond to talk about this. Until the story is fully documented, alot of wanna-be insiders are gonna be spewing junk like this youtube video.

I agree. Several years ago there was a bear in the Adirondacks that I saw close up on several occasions that when trapped by the DEC weighed in at 675lbs. He had an enormous amount of fat on him that this bear just doesn't.

Guest HairyGreek

I am not trying to derail here...

Cool story Knuck. Thanks for sharing! I don't think this was derailing, it was relevant to where the discussion was heading. JMO

Guest craichead

i got an email a few days ago from a friend that i found interesting that goes along with the most recent questions a page or two back. in the email he basically said ''justin, i've been at this awhile. a truck catching a sas off gaurd just isnt going to happen. obviously it wanted to be seen or it needed help or the sas felt like it had to make itself seen to protect the youngins? or????? whats your take on why this happened. this just isnt typical Sasquatch behavior''

i dont know the first thing about squatch behavior. A lot of you probably most of you in some ways know much more about these creatures then me. I do know now it had to happen sooner or later (someone shooting one). Looking back imo it was likely basically a suicide run just trying to get the attention off the kids, maybe it was trying to reach out and make contact. I really dont know. I've been looking for reports of bigfoots that seemed to want to be seen, and I am having a hard time finding any.

The kids appeared after the shot from behind some brush. They could have possibly been in eye site for us. All our attention was focused on the adult. I really dont have an answer as to why this happened the way it did.

IMO, even if they are so wary, intelligent etc, eventually one is going to get caught off guard. At some point, events will align in such a way as to make even the most improbable thing occur.

Then think of how many sightings happen when people are in vehicles -- road crossings, ATV's and dirt bike riding.

Another thing to point out as someone who has spent a fair amount of time in and around the woods since the 1970's, wildlife populations in general (at least in the ADK's and Hudson Valley) have increased greatly since that time. I routinely see animals these days that simply were not around 30 years ago. Add to that that many of them are simply not as wary of humans as they used to be -- likely as a result that people just don't carry firearms as routinely as they once did when in the woods. To me, the confirmation of the Sasquatch makes sense at this point in history, simply because that animal is responding similarly to virtually every other animal out there.

IMO, even if they are so wary, intelligent etc, eventually one is going to get caught off guard. At some point, events will align in such a way as to make even the most improbable thing occur.

Then think of how many sightings happen when people are in vehicles -- road crossings, ATV's and dirt bike riding.

Another thing to point out as someone who has spent a fair amount of time in and around the woods since the 1970's, wildlife populations in general (at least in the ADK's and Hudson Valley) have increased greatly since that time. I routinely see animals these days that simply were not around 30 years ago. Add to that that many of them are simply not as wary of humans as they used to be -- likely as a result that people just don't carry firearms as routinely as they once did when in the woods. To me, the confirmation of the Sasquatch makes sense at this point in history, simply because that animal is responding similarly to virtually every other animal out there.

Craichead, good points

I've noticed major population increases also in my area (of all aniamls).

Edited by will

Guest Cervelo

Just a thought but unless I'm hiking, or on a boat. Most people I meet in the woods have a gun because they are hunting. IMO all the predators have been wiped out by us hence the increase in "animals in the woods". No doubt fewer people in the woods but they are most likely armed IMO

Guest craichead

Just a thought but unless I'm hiking, or on a boat. Most people I meet in the woods have a gun because they are hunting. IMO all the predators have been wiped out by us hence the increase in "animals in the woods". No doubt fewer people in the woods but they are most likely armed IMO

I think it depends where you are as well.

Another thing I wanted to add as well is that there seems to be much more wildlife in fairly close to medium - population areas for the reasons being that they feel safer since no one can shoot in these places and that there are potentially more food sources. I live in the burbs and it's pretty common to have three or four deer in the backyard at 5am.

Guest HairyGreek

I think it depends where you are as well.

Another thing I wanted to add as well is that there seems to be much more wildlife in fairly close to medium - population areas for the reasons being that they feel safer since no one can shoot in these places and that there are potentially more food sources. I live in the burbs and it's pretty common to have three or four deer in the backyard at 5am.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the wolf pop has exploded and mountain lions have been seen as far NE as Maine and panthers in the Great Lakes area. Sound like conservation efforts are paying off.

Guest craichead

Also, if I am not mistaken, the wolf pop has exploded and mountain lions have been seen as far NE as Maine and panthers in the Great Lakes area. Sound like conservation efforts are paying off.

There are a fair number of lion reports in the ADKs but all are denied by the DEC. My MIL has a friend who lives in one of the hill towns near Albany ny here and they had a nice pond on their property with some swans and geese. One by one these were disappearing. Then one morning the woman was looking out the kitchen window and watched a mountain line grab one from the shore and carry it off into the woods. Again -- denied by the DEC.

There was also that mountain lion that got killed by a car in CT. It turned out to have travelled all the way from the Dakotas.

I hate to admit where I read it (lindsay's blog), has a report that the chunk, steak, sample, flesh, whatever term you prefer that was recovered from the Sierra kill was approximately 15 or so pounds. That's big. Too big for a blown off piece. Too big for a scavenger to leave. Too big to believe that was the only piece recovered. I think those associated in that story are being truthful. But everybody knows the truth can be bent some. Truthfully say "we do not have a body" but not include that there is one in the possession of a third party associate. Do the readers here think a chunk of that size was found afterwards, or are you of the opinion like me that there is a body or two in a freezer somewhere and the guys just cannot disclose it at this time?

Guest RioBravo

Derek has been pretty adamant that if he had any knowledge of a body, he'd let the world know about it.

Perhaps General and the driver have a body hidden away somewhere, without Derek's knowledge?

Who the hell knows. I don't think we'll have to wait long to find out...

Edited by grayjay
1C forum rules