Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Why go anywhere else when the source to the truth is right here on this forum.You can ask them your selves either in public or privatly so it makes no differance what others have to say.

When the results of the DNA are publish then everyone will know the facts.So the smart thing to do is wait.As with me i have no problem since I have seen these creatures in person so i know they are real.Let the results speak for themselve's.Build a Data base with all the collections and let these creature be. :D

15 pounds huh? Wow that's a lot of meat!

Folks, the General and I have answered this question many times and the answer is still the same.

DR

Edited by Derekfoot

Folks, the General and I have answered this question many times and the answer is still the same.

DR

I thought you weren't coming back? Not that we've had any good questions lately, or none that snagged my attention, anyway.

BFF Patron

DR

Yah, sounds like Omaha Steaks--West, Labor Day special :P

Just a thought but unless I'm hiking, or on a boat. Most people I meet in the woods have a gun because they are hunting. IMO all the predators have been wiped out by us hence the increase in "animals in the woods". No doubt fewer people in the woods but they are most likely armed IMO

i dont know cervelo, im an avid hunter & fisherman & share your home state.From what i see predators seem to be doing very well. coyotes are nearly everywhere, black bears showing up in areas they havent been before,not to mention 2 cougar pics ive seen during the last few years from credible sources.

game populations seem to be growing, which usually means the predators have plenty to eat & that should lead to them having a higher population as well, until the land reaches carrying capacity anyways.

myself & others i know are almost always armed when out & about, whether hunting or not. if done responsibly & legally its a good idea these days,imo.

now , if the sasquatches start "carrying" were screwedlaugh.gif

I'm sorry to have to repeat this but does anyone know if the hair on this tissue sample has been studied and compared to the collection of purported sasquatch hair.

Thanks

The Stink

I'm sorry to have to repeat this but does anyone know if the hair on this tissue sample has been studied and compared to the collection of purported sasquatch hair.

Thanks

The Stink

Allegedly, yes. It is supposedly included in Dr. Ketchum's and her co-authors' as yet released paper.

Allegedly, yes. It is supposedly included in Dr. Ketchum's and her co-authors' as yet released paper.

Thanks for the up-date RW. I was under the impression that Dr. Ketchums report is soley based on DNA studies. I would imagine that including any type of hair analysis would definetly complicate the paper as it now brings in an entirely seperate arm of methodology/analysis.

Stinky

Thanks for the up-date RW. I was under the impression that Dr. Ketchums report is soley based on DNA studies. I would imagine that including any type of hair analysis would definetly complicate the paper as it now brings in an entirely seperate arm of methodology/analysis.

Stinky

I use the word allegedly again because the only people who know for sure aren't talking. But allegedly, DNA samples were taken from hair, saliva, bone, flesh and blood. Reportedly, a number of different labs were involved in the analysis. No way to verify that yet, but that's the story so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest General

I have very mixed feelings about bringin this back up to the top, I feel like I'm probably dropping a heavy weight on my foot just to see what it feels like. I've enjoyed not having to check in to see what everyones saying and asking. I've not missed the lack of phone calls ''did you hear what so and so is saying about such and such''. I enjoy the lack of attention and everything just being quiet.... No offense to anyone here, there is some really great salt of the earth people on this board, I just dont like being at the center of anything. In my silence I have read posts here and there, I've enjoyed on occasion hearing some of your thoughts and hearing about your encounters.

The only reason I am writing this is to say thank you all for your patience. Nothing has changed. Nothing is falling apart. Nothing is new. Why update when nothings changed? Just saying thanks for your patience, thats it.

I hope you all enjoy your long weekend. I'd encourage all to remember there is stuff much much more important then bigfoot research. There is so many things much more important all around us. Stuff like family and freedom and being thankful for all them boys over seas. Theres still lots of them over there. I talked to a friend in Afghanistan this week. He is somebodys son brother and husband. I asked him if it was safe over there yet, he laughed at the thought and told me about a road side bomb who killed a buddy of us just days earlier. I asked him if it was almost over, he said he didnt know but he was ready to come home.

I'll be spending my weekend chasing a buck I have had a 12 year relationship with. I hunted his father sense I was 13 years old, he died of old age and this one probably will too. Everyone says he must be 35" wide this year. Just a game of cat and mouse I'm not sure who is who. I dont know about you guys but as I'm wasting my weekend walking up and down those hills with my bow I'll be thinkin of those firefighters that went back in knowing they wouldnt be coming out.

Take it easy

Guest HairyGreek

General, nice to see you have your priorities strait. Well said. Enjoy your time off and thank you for a very important reminder and for just saying hello.