Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I hate to admit where I read it (lindsay's blog), has a report that the chunk, steak, sample, flesh, whatever term you prefer that was recovered from the Sierra kill was approximately 15 or so pounds. That's big. Too big for a blown off piece. Too big for a scavenger to leave. Too big to believe that was the only piece recovered. I think those associated in that story are being truthful. But everybody knows the truth can be bent some. Truthfully say "we do not have a body" but not include that there is one in the possession of a third party associate. Do the readers here think a chunk of that size was found afterwards, or are you of the opinion like me that there is a body or two in a freezer somewhere and the guys just cannot disclose it at this time?

I've heard there is still a search for a body, so not sure why if they had one somewhere. I don't read anything from Lindsey anymore, I think the piece of flesh is much smaller than the size of a Dachshund. BTW Dereck said he didn't know anyone that had a body IIRC, not just that he and his associates didn't have one.

Guest slimwitless

General suggested he sent nearly a pound of flesh to Ketchum and that was 1/4 of what he possessed (with the driver possessing an equal amount). Based on what I've read, that means General and the driver recovered at least 4-6 lbs of flesh from the site. That said, it's late and I've had a few so I will stick my neck out and state that I believe there's a very strong possibility that a body was recovered from the scene sometime after the shooting.

SSR Team

General suggested he sent nearly a pound of flesh to Ketchum and that was 1/4 of what he possessed (with the driver possessing an equal amount). Based on what I've read, that means General and the driver recovered at least 4-6 lbs of flesh from the site. That said, it's late and I've had a few so I will stick my neck out and state that I believe there's a very strong possibility that a body was recovered from the scene sometime after the shooting.

I thought he indicated it was much smaller than that ??

SSR Team

Rictor:

That was great! You even got the teeny tiny image of "Sasquatch the Quest" on the dead dude's tiny monitor!

Fantastic attention to detail my friend!

:rock:

SSR Team

If I had to guess the weight of this flesh sample I would say it was 15 oz. Maybe one pound.

Aha, i stand corrected..

If I had to guess the weight of this flesh sample I would say it was 15 oz. Maybe one pound.

General,

This still isn't clear(to me, at least. I don't discount the possibility that I am just extra dense today!) whether you are referring to the original sample or the sample you sent to Dr. Ketchum.

I'm assuming the original was about a pound and what you sent for analysis was around 4 ounces, correct?

Edited by Bonehead74

slimwitless, on 11 September 2011 - 12:24 AM, said:

That seems way over the top since DNA can be extracted from tiny samples. This leads me to think the whole body was recovered. The meat is no good for a taxidermist so I wouldn't be surprised when this cools down if a stuffed BF doesn't come on the market. The DNA will prove the stuffed BF is real which will skyrocket the price.

Who would pay for a real stuffed BF and how much would one be worth?

Below is a stuffed bear for sale.

http://www.timberlinefurniture.com/wilmounwal.html

I don't know why you would not admit you had it in the first place, and obviously he did on here. I would think that would be a good thing for future studies and further sequencing, if it indicates something unknown.

Who would pay for a real stuffed BF and how much would one be worth?

Below is a stuffed bear for sale.

http://www.timberlin...wilmounwal.html

Wow. That's sad.

I might understand if someone shot it themselves, but to just order up a killing so you can have a centerpiece?

Maybe I just don't get it.

Sorry for getting off topic.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC

For the gazillionth time, there were no body's recovered. The piece sent to Ketchum was small, maybe an inch or so square.

DR

We were just commenting on what General said he had in the quote above, not what was given to you, found later when you went to the site, or sent in for analysis.

The piece given to dr k was as derek said a square inch maybe a bit bigger. The piece the driver/I have is as thick as a bar of soap and perhaps 2 times the length and width. I dont know how to describe it good but I'm not going to unfreeze it just for a picture. I really dont know how much it weighs I was just throughing out a guess. If you put all 3 pieces together (mine, the drivers, and dr ks, which was all the same piece before i cut it up and divided it, and is the only piece the same piece that was found about 10 days after the shooting) there might be 1 pounds of flesh fat skin and hair maybe there is 2lbes. i really dont know if i had to guess its about one single pound possibly less I was refuring to the whole piece when i said ''15 maybe 16 oz''. Theres a lot of ways to look at that. There is several hundred hairs. I'm just not good with examples ok hows this if you cut a squirrel in half it would look about that size and have about that much flesh/hair,skin/fat.

I wish there was bodies but there is NOT. yes I continue to search for them I and others. I have gone to the hills about every weekend sense it happened looking for it. Till 7 weeks ago the site was under too much snow to get to. Sense then I have been up there 5 times. I'm going again soon its about 3 hours from my house and I usually stay for a day or two. Hopefully I can find something on the camera traps I've been setting up there to show you all. A body/bones of course would be better, I keep expanding my search my current theory is the body or bodies were washed down the mountain with the snow melt ( there is a raging seasonal creek right there) and they are miles down sitting along the creek line thats now near non existent, I am sorry but I dont buy into all this bs bf stuff no offense at all to any of you. This is new to me. I didnt really believe in wood knocking till 2 weeks ago so excuse my ignorance but I just cant make sense of them burying their dead BUT the more I look the more it seems like a realistic possibility tho . EVERY TIME I've gone I've said it would be the last time I will go hoping to find something. I come back discouraged end up thinking about it till I decide to go again. So hopeful every time. I guess its become an obsession. Good thing there is good huntin up there or I'd have gone crazy by now.

SSR Team

I guess its become an obsession.

You're not alone there General, it happens to the best of us.. :D