Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

The piece given to dr k was as derek said a square inch maybe a bit bigger. The piece the driver/I have is as thick as a bar of soap and perhaps 2 times the length and width. I dont know how to describe it good but I'm not going to unfreeze it just for a picture. I really dont know how much it weighs I was just throughing out a guess. If you put all 3 pieces together (mine, the drivers, and dr ks, which was all the same piece before i cut it up and divided it, and is the only piece the same piece that was found about 10 days after the shooting) there might be 1 pounds of flesh fat skin and hair maybe there is 2lbes. i really dont know if i had to guess its about one single pound possibly less I was refuring to the whole piece when i said ''15 maybe 16 oz''. Theres a lot of ways to look at that. There is several hundred hairs. I'm just not good with examples ok hows this if you cut a squirrel in half it would look about that size and have about that much flesh/hair,skin/fat.

I wish there was bodies but there is NOT. yes I continue to search for them I and others. I have gone to the hills about every weekend sense it happened looking for it. Till 7 weeks ago the site was under too much snow to get to. Sense then I have been up there 5 times. I'm going again soon its about 3 hours from my house and I usually stay for a day or two. Hopefully I can find something on the camera traps I've been setting up there to show you all. A body/bones of course would be better, I keep expanding my search my current theory is the body or bodies were washed down the mountain with the snow melt ( there is a raging seasonal creek right there) and they are miles down sitting along the creek line thats now near non existent, I am sorry but I dont buy into all this bs bf stuff no offense at all to any of you. This is new to me. I didnt really believe in wood knocking till 2 weeks ago so excuse my ignorance but I just cant make sense of them burying their dead BUT the more I look the more it seems like a realistic possibility tho . EVERY TIME I've gone I've said it would be the last time I will go hoping to find something. I come back discouraged end up thinking about it till I decide to go again. So hopeful every time. I guess its become an obsession. Good thing there is good huntin up there or I'd have gone crazy by now.

General,

One of the things I have always wondered about is the amount of fat that a Bigfoot carries during winter. It's interesting because I would assume that they get thinner during winter and like other animals, build up a reserve of fat during the Spring and Summer.

How thick was the layer of fat on the sample? Also, did any of the creatures look like they were well padded or carrying a thick layer of fat, like a bear would? This info may give us an idea as to how well they feed during winter months and could possibly confirm that they gain calories from other animals, such as deer, during the Winter months. Deer and other animals would provide the most energy and calories during a time of year when vegetation is scarce.

Cisco

Guest Thepattywagon

General, You said, "I dont know how to describe it good but I'm not going to unfreeze it just for a picture."

Can you tell us why you can't take a picture of it while it is in a frozen state? Also, your statement implies that you would take a picture and share it if the sample was not frozen. Is this true?

Thanks.

I keep getting a personal chuckle each time i hear the flesh sample would weigh around a pound...

Thus, the general in the end "got his pound of flesh".... its too bad Bigfoot couldnt just repay the loan....!

:D

A R T

Guest RioBravo

...1 pounds of flesh fat skin and hair...

I know you've previously mentioned the sample contained flesh, fat, skin and hair, but I would like to place some added emphasis on this fact.

This sample, if it's truly a cross-section from this animal, should be more than enough to validate the existence of the species.

Can you tell us why you can't take a picture of it while it is in a frozen state? Also, your statement implies that you would take a picture and share it if the sample was not frozen. Is this true?

Thanks.

True, I wouldnt see a problem with sharing a picture if I had one of our piece. There are pictures of the piece dr k tested but I believe those are a part of the study so they are not mine to share. The flesh sample is more then just frozen in a sandwich bag. Its wrapped in a paper type material freezer sealed then put in a water tight air tight container and frozen in a block of ice, theres nothing to see. The way its being kept it will be the same as the moment it was frozen if its un frozen tomorrow or 20 years from now, no possibility of freezer burn or contamination.

SSR Team

General, just a quickie whilst you're online if you don't mind..

Did you say there was reason to believe that the other little one was alive & well & still in the same kind of area as someone had found tracks or something of it, & a bigger one too ??

General,

One of the things I have always wondered about is the amount of fat that a Bigfoot carries during winter. It's interesting because I would assume that they get thinner during winter and like other animals, build up a reserve of fat during the Spring and Summer.

How thick was the layer of fat on the sample? Also, did any of the creatures look like they were well padded or carrying a thick layer of fat, like a bear would? This info may give us an idea as to how well they feed during winter months and could possibly confirm that they gain calories from other animals, such as deer, during the Winter months. Deer and other animals would provide the most energy and calories during a time of year when vegetation is scarce.

Cisco

this was around october 20th just before the first storm moved in. tho at this elevation once it snows once the snow will be there till summer time. the thickest part of fat is probably close to 3/4ths of an inch thick. They really didnt look well padded IMO, also i should say they were not muscler as i've heard some people describe others they have seen. They looked no different then any other animal in that aspect. Well nothing stood out to me in that regards.

True, I wouldnt see a problem with sharing a picture if I had one of our piece. There are pictures of the piece dr k tested but I believe those are a part of the study so they are not mine to share. The flesh sample is more then just frozen in a sandwich bag. Its wrapped in a paper type material freezer sealed then put in a water tight air tight container and frozen in a block of ice, theres nothing to see. The way its being kept it will be the same as the moment it was frozen if its un frozen tomorrow or 20 years from now, no possibility of freezer burn or contamination.

So your saying that you never took a photo of the alleged piece of meat prior to freezing. If thats the case it makes you wonder why you wouldn't take a pic since it was such a discovery

Edited by yowiie

General, just a quickie whilst you're online if you don't mind..

Did you say there was reason to believe that the other little one was alive & well & still in the same kind of area as someone had found tracks or something of it, & a bigger one too ??

i was trying to avoid this whole BS I cant say this and cant talk about that stuff but if you want me to say anything besides totally ignoring your question i'll have to.

correct, much of it is based on assumption on my part but thats based on the facts i was given and what i have seen which i can not really talk about at this time. (no i havent had any sighting or anything like that)

In short to summarize the best i can without saying too much (and there is no reason to read way into this guys.... no need to read into it at all ) tracks were found a few weeks ago and that along with some newer smaller dna samples that were recently tested I believe there is 3 still living in this area. I dont just believe i know forsure without a doubt. If you had all the information I do you would likely agree.

So your saying that you never took a photo of the alleged piece of meat prior to freezing. If thats the case it makes you wonder why you wouldn't take a pic since it was such a discovery

i do have pictures of PART of the sample there are several pictures actually. they are just not mine to share. i believe they are in the dna study

tell you what now that i think about it on my old phone i bet i have some pictures of one of the pieces that are not part of the study. i'll look around for it and will let you guys know. no promises

Edited by General

General,

Either you do or you don't, one minute your saying that there are pics but you don;t have them and know you turn around and say that you've got some on an old phone, which, if it was me would have the framed and showing them of. I'm starting to see afew holes in this alleged story, sorry

yowie he said he might have some photo's on his OLD phone, I've said the same thing to people in the past, like my brother asked if I had a photo of my mum from her birthday party a year previously, I seemed to remember taking some on my old phone, said the same thing to him...turns out I didn't, so it's easy to think you've done something, when in fact you haven't.

He might not have that phone any more, and my impression is that general feels he has nothing to prove and I actually feel the same, he is on here talking out of courtesy.

You might frame a photo of a piece of flesh but I know I wouldn't.

for me this whole situation is intriguing and rather than looking for holes in the story, sit back and wait for the facts to come out

Edited by benboy23