Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

At the time I said that I thought it would be easy to find a perfect match cause I had been watchin all those bigfoot documenteries and finding bigfoot. Some of those recreations are spot on perfect,. Well others look retarded to me. The ones that look dumb to me are mostly the ones where they look 10 ft tall and 4ft and are ripped like the hulk. I'm sure they very in apperance just like we do.one of the documentries I watched idk what it was called it had jeff meldrum and john m well I guess that doesn't really narrow it down.... Anyways they had one picture/recreation they showed before they went to commercial I felt was 100 percent spot on.

After saying I thought I could find a good match when I google bigfoot recreation bigfoot pictures I don't see any pictures as good as they show on those shows. There is mostly just a bunch of drawings or bad cartoons or things that I just don't feel like represented what I saw.

If anyone has any new website or pictures or thinks I might have missed some pictures send em my way. The picture someone posted before on this thread is still the best I have seen online so far.

Those shows have some really good ones

SSR Team

General, did the adult or juvenile look anything like this?? I know this is one of Todd Standings photo's but thought it would be interesting to here your thought's

1297194653188_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

This is actually a depiction of a Yeren, but it fits the "almost human" description I've heard from some witnesses.

Anything like you encountered, General?

1bf.jpg

Interesting. The Charles Middleton link was last updated 7-26-11, about the same time this story got buzzing. I see new sketches since last time I saw that page and there seems to be more gray colored examples and examples of squatches on all fours. I wonder if some were drawn according to General's description? I think he previously had picked #1011 as being close on this thread before. Is that correct General?

Also, Rolando's comment is spot on. Your firsthand account seems to be the most credible part if this story. I would still be a doubter that this was an actual event if it were only being told by others. I relate the way you account the events to some of the vets that I know that served in Vietnam. They don't brag, they aren't proud of who or what they shot, some stories are beyond imagination, and the stories never waiver no matter how many times they are told or misleading questions are asked. You seem genuine. We appreciate the input here.

General,

I must say that I've truly enjoyed reading about the events that you and your friend were involved in. It's been very intersting to say the least. I know that this whole ordeal has been a bit tough for you. I'd also like to add that I feel that you've handled yourself admirably responding to the many, many questions you've been asked on our forum. I'd also like to thank Derek for his role, as well as recognize his patience during his participation. It is much appreciated.

I'd like to ask you a question if you are able to answer it:

Were there any particular food sources in or near the area where this incident occured?

For example: Did the incident occur next to a food source such as berries, nearby a planted crop or maybe a natural, wild source such as nuts from native trees? Maybe something you noticed during the initial incident or something you or Derek have discovered during your subsequent visits? Is there a source of food within a reasonable walking distance from the site, such as a vinyard or fruit/produce farming operation, for example?

Please bear in mind that I do not wish to have you compromise the site. Generalaities will suffice to keep the cat in the bag.

Again, thanks to both of you participating in this discussion.

See

Art1972, where are you out of? Write me a pm

General, bud I was just jokin.. I'm all the way across the continent in Upstate NY (between Adirondacks, and western Catksills)..

If I was closer though, it would be something I'd seriously pursue.

When I win Mega-Millions and can travel at will, Ill contact you then...

;)

See-Te-Cah NC, great question. I really appreciate your kind words and I'm sure the General does too.

That's something I've given a lot of thought to. The area is very remote. There isn't any farm fields or crops anywhere nearby. This place is way up in the mountains. At the time of year that this happened there are a lot of animals in the area, and I mean a lot. The deer and bear are thick. I personally think they feed on the deer. The other possibility is that this area is some sort of thoroughfare or migration route. I don't think that they're there all the time. There is vegetation to eat nearby as well. I just get the feeling that they're only there that time of year. I could be wrong on this but I don't think so.

DR

Thanks for answering, DF. I really appreciate it.

Something else your response brought to mind: Are you suggesting that the BF may be following traditional/instictive migratory routes (due to weather, lack of food at higher elevations, change of seasons) and it just so happens that the animals are there at that time, or that they are coming to the spot because they know the animals will be there as a food source? Or, is it a possibility that they monitor the movement/migration of possible game animals year round? This question is based on your statement. "At the time of year that this happened there are a lot of animals in the area, and I mean a lot." I'd be very interested in hearing your views on the subject.

Your personal opinion will work for me.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC

SSR Team

Thanks for answering, DF. I really appreciate it.

Something else your response brought to mind: Are you suggesting that the BF may be following traditional/instictive migratory routes (due to weather, lack of food at higher elevations, change of seasons) and it just so happens that the animals are there at that time, or that they are coming to the spot because they know the animals will be there as a food source? Or, is it a possibility that they monitor the movement/migration of possible game animals year round? This question is based on your statement. "At the time of year that this happened there are a lot of animals in the area, and I mean a lot." I'd be very interested in hearing your views on the subject.

Your personal opinion will work for me.

I may be wrong but i would have thought for most Animals in that area, they would have to move & only be there at certain times of the Year because at other times, the weather ( Snow ) would be too much of a problem for them ??

The snow fall is definitely a factor. The place gets absolutely dumped on. It really seems that there's a large amount of animals that use this area during late summer and early fall. I still lean toward it being a great hunting area for them, and IMO that would be the biggest draw.

DR

Guest Luckyfoot

The snow fall is definitely a factor. The place gets absolutely dumped on. It really seems that there's a large amount of animals that use this area during late summer and early fall. I still lean toward it being a great hunting area for them, and IMO that would be the biggest draw.

DR

Sooo, with fall being upon us, are there any plans to survey the area in a month or two ? Would seem a great place to keep an eye on.

Ima noob on the site , but I would also like to thank yourself and the General for participating in this forum. :D

"I may be wrong but i would have thought for most Animals in that area, they would have to move & only be there at certain times of the Year because at other times, the weather ( Snow ) would be too much of a problem for them ??" - BobbyO

Agreed. However, I'm interested in hearing DF's take on the possible reasons for the BF movement. I'm also interested in animal movement in the area. I have zero knowledge in the migratory habits of animals native to that area of the country, nor have I ever contemplated the effect that elevation and/or seasonal implications of the Sierra Mountains have on the resident Bigfoot and animal populations. I'd just like to hear DF's opinion on the the subject since he's probably been on top of this since he's been a guide.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC

SSR Team

"I may be wrong but i would have thought for most Animals in that area, they would have to move & only be there at certain times of the Year because at other times, the weather ( Snow ) would be too much of a problem for them ??" - BobbyO

Agreed. However, I'm interested in hearing DF's take on the possible reasons for the BF movement. I'm also interested in animal movement in the area. I have zero knowledge in the migratory habits of animals native to that area of the country, nor have I ever contemplated the effect that elevation and/or seasonal implications of the Sierra Mountains have on the resident Bigfoot and animal populations. I'd just like to hear DF's opinion on the the subject since he's probably been on top of this since he's been a guide.

Sorry.. :(

Sorry.. :(

No need to be, BobbyO. I appreciated your input and you trying to help.

In no way was I offended by your opinion. If my response led you to believe otherwise please accept my apologies.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC