Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

For what it's worth Justin, a similar thing happened to us. We were on my brother's deck talking about owls. Just as we started a flock of owls started hooting at us from the bluff below the deck. I never heard them before and I've never heard a flock of them like that night since. Go figure...weird as you say.

As we have said we got the results a long time ago, if it was from a known animal we would have all been done talking about this a long time ago.

So, I take it we can safely say the results didn't come back as human either? I only ask because Paulides has become more and more vocal lately about BF being human. Many of us are under the impression that he has inside information about Dr. K's study, and his continuing "human" claims would suggest that he's confident the study will vindicate his theory. If he's right, that would seem to leave you in a tough spot as far as possible future prosecution goes. Study aside, do you believe what you killed is human? Sorry to be so direct, but the longer this thing carries on, the blurrier the lines get.

Guest General

So General, you wrapped the sample in paper and froze. What were the precautions taken to avoid contamination on your numerous attempts at subdividing when that was done (not talking about the dog chunk here)?

Was there any other wrapping material or preservation techniques used prior to freezing after wrapping in paper? How many days elapsed between picking the sample up in the field, subdividing and then sending off to Ketchum the sequenced piece?

Thanks for the updated info.

I dont know if this is right or wrong but its just what happened.... We took like 6 black contractor trash bags to the site cause we were so sure we would walk up to area and find the little one in pieces and load it up. Obviously that didnt work out quiet like I planned. Once we found the piece we put it in one of the trash bags and drove straight home, it was cold, very coold, we had been digging for hours in the snow) so by the time we found it we were very much ready to leave. We got home divided it wrapped it in paper and froze it. (3 hours from taking it out of the snow it was in freezer). Later on I was told to freezer wrap the paper and get all the air out, like with those electric food saver vacuum sealer bags. I did that and I ended up freezing that in a brick of ice just so no air can ever get in there. Should be the same in 20 years that way, thats atleast how ducks work.

Probably spent 3 days in the freezer before getting over nighted to dr. k. I dont have the best memory in the world but thats what happened I could be a few days off one way or the other, not that it really matters. You get what happened.

I am convinced theres possibly like 200 of them left and thats why they can stay hidden, I think most the people that encounter bf have an over active imagination) NO OFFENSE.

So, guess that's 200 since last fall, when there used to be 202?

I just love how some people don't beleeeevvvvve in them until they see one, then they have the arrogance to say they know all about them, but anybody else that might have seen one has an "over active imagination".

BTW, you might consider being a little concerned about what those knocks meant. Chances are good that they know who you are.....NO OFFENSE.

Edited by Sasfooty
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Appreciate the response Gen., sounds very reasonable turn of events and procedures to me.

Almost forgot, Gen., as one with an encounter of multiples, their timing is impeccably

designed to make you doubt your disbelief in them. Seems like it had it's intended effect.

Join the club.

Guest General

So, I take it we can safely say the results didn't come back as human either? I only ask because Paulides has become more and more vocal lately about BF being human. Many of us are under the impression that he has inside information about Dr. K's study, and his continuing "human" claims would suggest that he's confident the study will vindicate his theory. If he's right, that would seem to leave you in a tough spot as far as possible future prosecution goes. Study aside, do you believe what you killed is human? Sorry to be so direct, but the longer this thing carries on, the blurrier the lines get.

I got no problem with people being direct. I'm one of those guys that usually says what I'm thinking and I often come out looking like a ******* in person cause of it. I cant say one thing about any of that ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, for now.

I dont know who paulides is, unless thats like short for paul and thats like a nick name or something. Unless he is the guy who plays in the bigfoot band, if thats the case hes a real nice guy. I have his cd somewhere I just had it but now I cant find it anywhere..... anyway its actually pretty good. He is a super guitar player. I dont know what paul does or doesnt know.

logging off for the night

Guest General

So, guess that's 200 since last fall, when there used to be 202?

I just love how some people don't beleeeevvvvve in them until they see one, then they have the arrogance to say they know all about them, but anybody else that might have seen one has an "over active imagination".

BTW, you might consider being a little concerned about what those knocks meant. Chances are good that they know who you are.....NO OFFENSE.

Your right, I often say something along the lines of ''hey i dont know a single freakin thing about these things BUT IN MY OPINION THIS MAKES SENSE IN MY HEAD'' then say something along the lines of what i think their eating habits might be or behavior/migration types. Something along those lines. I'm in no way saying I have an educated guess on their population numbers. Just saying thoughts that have popped around in my head. Your right it makes more sense to me in my head that there is like 200 and people dont often encounter them then that there is 40000 and people interact with them nearly every squatchin weekend by bangin on some trees. Either way I know I have a lot to learn. Much more then some of you.

I'm not saying that I think everyone that sees or hears a bigfoot just has an overactive imagination but obviously we can all agree thats where some or perhaps a lot sittings come from. People ''TRYING'' to hear them. If they were around every tree knock and on every ridge top then it wouldnt be so hard to get a picture on my trail cameras. Like in the shows LIKE finding bigfoot when they are out in the woods with a camera crew and all and they are listening soo hard they are gonna hurt themselves and then they hear something. If your trying to hear something and wanting to see something so bad eventually your mind WILL play tricks on you.

If your out squatchin with a bunch of your bf buddys and someone comes back to the campfire and says ''i saw one'' I'm the guy that says where show me where he stood lets see where the prints were which way did he go. Its not that I dont believe the guy or that I do. Its just that I need the proof now and then. Where as other guys will have their buddy come back to the campfire and say ''I saw one'' and they will say OMG TELL ME EVERYTHING. Their not wrong thats just not how I am. I need to see it for myself now and then.

I dont know who paulides is

Thanks for your reply.

BTW - Paulides is founder and head of the North American Bigfoot Search. He's been involved with Dr. K's study from the beginning. Some reports have even said he visited the site of your shooting. I have no idea if those are reliable reports, but apparently he did comment on the shooting at the Honobia conference.

Guest vilnoori

My theory for Southwestern Oregon is they travel up the mountains in the Spring where the deer also go, then in the Fall they come down to the streams where the salmon run is active. In the winter the hills are snowed in so BF remains in the lower elevations. I imagine they have permanent homes in both areas such as caves or tunnels.

Up here we have a spring run of salmon too. I think they wouldn't want to miss out on that either. But yes, it would make sense that they go up mountain in the heat of summer. There is loads of berries, grouse, and grasshoppers to eat up there as well as mountain lily tubers once the season advances. Then back down for the fall salmon run, corn, apples nuts etc.

**This is one of "those times" i dont like being a moderator, because when I write something like my post below, it seems like im taking you to task in some kind of official way- I'd just like to be clear that this is NOT what I'm doing. I'm commenting as just another member/ and individual....

Sas, first of all, I say the following to you as a believer myself, and someone who had a one time encounter many years ago (which you've read BTW).

I certainly don't mean to offend... but there's also people like yourself- who make claims that they regularly interact with Bigfoot + that they do some pretty odd stuff... like wear cougar hats (as shown in your avatar) + say they know all kinds of stuff, and refuse to say how, or offer any evidence or proof that they do. And please dont give me the "you wouldnt understand" + "its to protect them" excuses... Heard that too many times from people on here, and other places as well.

Let's take a quick look at the idea of Bigfoot wearing a cougar hat, or using deer pelts for clothing/blankets etc... (or any animal hide)..

As someone who has personally learned/been trained, using deer pelts-> to make both buckskin (no fur either side), and tan hides with with fur still intact- i find it pretty amusing and extremely unbelievable that a hairy bipedal creature who lives in the woods has the skills and necessary tools needed to properly preserve a cougar (or other) hide... I've also done some squirrel pelts (for practice mainly), and even a woodchuck (again mostly because of small size and for practice/improve my skills).

I'm sure you must realize that you cant just rip an animal apart, and tie the pelt around your head- as its going to rot pretty quickly, hair will fall out, and it will be completely unrecognizable in a short amount of time...

ALOT of detailed work goes into preserving a pelt. There are several ways to go about doing this to the hide/fur, including one method where using lye made from hardwood ash+water and then utilizing the animals brain and other "products" from it's own body is possible- but again its a real stretch (no pun intended) for me to believe its even remotely possible....especially for a Bigfoot.

The processes of scraping, soaking, stretching, softening, and tanning etc etc... all requiring that you know what your doing. If you make mistakes during any part of the process- you wind up with nothing but a mess. Or a hide that is "crunchy" and not flexible- which cant be used to make anything worthwhile.

So maybe General doesnt know alot, or as much as you claim too, but most of what he's written and suggested is believable, and his claims are/will be backed up by DNA evidence.

It sounds mostly like you just dont approve of how/why he got his DNA source material... and your kind of lashing out at him for it. He's given his "mea culpa" several times now, and stated that he wishes he hadnt pulled the trigger... but apparently he did, and if that helps or moves these creatures closer to the recognition and protection that so many want for them- then so be it.

That's just my opinion though.

Art

**This is one of "those times" i dont like being a moderator, because when I write something like my post below, it seems like im taking you to task in some kind of official way- I'd just like to be clear that this is NOT what I'm doing. I'm commenting as just another member/ and individual....

Sas, first of all, I say the following to you as a believer myself, and someone who had a one time encounter many years ago (which you've read BTW).

I certainly don't mean to offend... but there's also people like yourself- who make claims that they regularly interact with Bigfoot + that they do some pretty odd stuff... like wear cougar hats (as shown in your avatar) + say they know all kinds of stuff, and refuse to say how, or offer any evidence or proof that they do. And please dont give me the "you wouldnt understand" + "its to protect them" excuses... Heard that too many times from people on here, and other places as well.

Let's take a quick look at the idea of Bigfoot wearing a cougar hat, or using deer pelts for clothing/blankets etc... (or any animal hide)..

As someone who has personally learned/been trained, using deer pelts-> to make both buckskin (no fur either side), and tan hides with with fur still intact- i find it pretty amusing and extremely unbelievable that a hairy bipedal creature who lives in the woods has the skills and necessary tools needed to properly preserve a cougar (or other) hide... I've also done some squirrel pelts (for practice mainly), and even a woodchuck (again mostly because of small size and for practice/improve my skills).

I'm sure you must realize that you cant just rip an animal apart, and tie the pelt around your head- as its going to rot pretty quickly, hair will fall out, and it will be completely unrecognizable in a short amount of time...

ALOT of detailed work goes into preserving a pelt. There are several ways to go about doing this to the hide/fur, including one method where using brains and other "products" from the animals own body is possible- but again its a real stretch (no pun intended) for me to believe its even remotely possible....especially for a Bigfoot.

The processes of scraping, soaking, stretching, softening, and tanning etc etc... all requiring that you know what your doing. If you make mistakes during any part of the process- you wind up with nothing but a mess. Or a hide that is "crunchy" and not flexible- which cant be used to make anything worthwhile.

So maybe General doesnt know alot, or as much as you claim too, but most of what he's written and suggested is believable, and his claims are/will be backed up by DNA evidence.

It sounds mostly like you just dont approve of how/why he got his DNA source material... and your kind of lashing out at him for it. He's given his "mea culpa" several times now, and stated that he wishes he hadnt pulled the trigger... but apparently he did, and if that helps or moves these creatures closer to the recognition and protection that so many want for them- then so be it.

That's just my opinion though.

Art

+1 from me. That post struck a chord with me as well, but I didn't quite know what I wanted to say about it. I appreciate you putting it into words for me.

Well, Art, thanks for the input.

As you & many others have often said, we really don't know much of anything about BF. I would never, in my wildest dreams, have thought of one wearing an animal pelt, (or of his little daughter carrying baby pigs around), if it hadn't been for that pesky picture I got of it. And since we don't know much about them, we have no way of knowing where he got it or who made it.

After all, we usually just see them crossing roads, peeping out from behind trees, running across fields....that sort of thing. We really don't know what they are up to the other 99.9999% of the time, now do we? ;)

So, just think of it as another wild, amazing, unsubstantiated rambling from a crazy person, with an over active imagination & a soft spot for Mama BF's & their kids.

Guest krakatoa

Plus for Art.

I pretty much give no evidentiary weight to the claims of those who refuse to share their "proof" of 'foot, considering they tend to argue as a self-proclaimed authority on the topic yet are firm in their unwillingness to authenticate their supposed expertise.

Sure, the stories are entertaining. So were those written by the Brothers Grimm however, and I'm not going to entertain the notion that those were true either.

Makes for very lame conversation if I'm unwilling to blindly believe the claims these sorts make. Imagine a world where every unsubstantiated claim was afforded instant credulity just because it had been voiced.

Progress of any sort would grind to a complete halt.

SSR Team

I always thought Sasfooty's avatar was actually a BF with a Cougar Friend hanging out with each other, honestly.. :blush:

:D