"believer" Turned "skeptic"

Guest COGrizzly

Doesn't sound like she is disillusioned, her statement is being skeptical of some witnesses.

I think we are all skeptical of witnesses and try to place the puzzle pieces together and make our own conclusions.

i know they exist. i have seen one. with the evidence there is, you could convict someone of murder 1 in a court of law with less evidence, circumstancial or not.

It is possible to believe there is a BF, without believing the PGF.

Of course! Bigfoot stories predate 1967. I don't understand why folks tie their feelings about the phenomenon so closely to what seems to me to be a completely obvious hoax. You don't need the PGF to have your bigfoot - any eyewitness will tell you that!

There are plenty of witnesses who claim their sighting doesn't match the PGF either. Of course there could very well be different varieties of BF out there too.

Bigfoot is out there, but I have become more skeptical of bigfoot witnesses.

I can understand this .I too figure there is probably something to all this,not quite sure exactly what though.

but the more I see what gets presented sometimes publicly as proof,the more I can see why most are skeptical, especially those with no suspected experiences of their own.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things. Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

So, how 'bout you? Have you waivered on your "belief" in sasquatch as of late?

I think we should consider Bigfoot as a mistery and examine all the evidence applying SCIENCE (I mean, the real evidence, documented sightings, footprints, hair)...

Of course there are countless fake fotos and videos (many of them are simply jokes or cheap fakes inspired on the Patterson Gimlin video, you can see some teens shouting "oh my gosh, holy...I'm seen Bigfoot" , I suggest to discard all of these and mass-media phenomenon...

I think modern science has to look for some DNA (or at least, a clear professional picture of the creature)...but I also think we have no right to kill the creatures!!!

There is some stories which I do not belive anymore:

1. The Carter Farm...

2. The Afghanisthan Yeti...

The Afganisthan Yeti was some magazine I have read in the 80s...the magazine was basically an article describing that the Soviet forces invading Afganisthan were meeting an unexpected enemy: large and very strong hominoid creatures capable of knocking down Soviet jeeps!!! According to these story, the soviet army had captured one of these Yetis, and have sent it back to Moscow in an armoured train...

I now think that the whole story was a fabrication to get support for the afgan fighters back in the 80s...

the only thing that will alter my position is proof, reliable evidence, or quality video of good provenance. I think I'm far more open than most. We need a Bigfoot body or a significant chunk of one before we catalogue Bigfoot as an extant species of hominid ape.

Yep, you're still a believer.

It's when you run out of here calling everyone crazy, only then do you no longer believe.

Edited by Kerry

• 5 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2010 at 0:49 AM, COGrizzly said:

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, what, I see you got Banned, whoa SOMETHING happened to you...er, bon Voy Yaggee there...why just suddenly act like this didn't happen?

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things.

Should be good...

Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

Using the *words of a scoftic* over the evidence of your own eyes?  MESSED UP, BRAH.  And if that is the former Saskeptic I infer from up there...there is no way that should mean anything to you if you're thinking logically, just sayin'.

So, how 'bout you? Have you waivered on your "belief" in sasquatch as of late?

NO, 'coz it ain't about *belief.*  It is about *evidence.*

↑↑

Evidence which is severely flawed and lacking real substance. I agree is not about belief. It is about proof and that has  certainly not been established. I  know you could not disagree more.

9 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Evidence which is severely flawed and lacking real substance. I agree is not about belief. It is about proof and that has  certainly not been established. I  know you could not disagree more.

Lack of proof is not proof of lack.   We don't have proof as science requires else bigfoot would not remain an officially undocumented species.   That's a given.   Further harping on it is fundamentally dishonest, a well spun strawman.   Let it go.   An intelligent discussion conducted with integrity leaves "proof" out.   What we should be talking about is **evidence**, not proof.   Balance of evidence, pro and con, considering both quantity and quality.   What I've seen isn't relevant, what matters here is that the evidence, considered on the whole, is of such volume and such consistency that institutional science should be taking greater notice, participating in the discovery process, not waiting for amateurs to hand it to them.  

MIB

• Upvote 3

I might say we don't have proof as mainstream scientists require.  Which points up their flaws more than anything else; scientific analyses of the evidence are available but apparently going unread much less un-critiqued.  Science, the process, has given the scientific proponents everything they need.

And as I say often here:  Proof is irrelevant to pure science; it is only for the ignorant who pay you, and the ignorant who pay them.  IOW, it reflects corruption by money.

And as I say often here:  The job of the scientist is to take evidence and drive it to conclusions.  That is - that should be - every scientist's JOB. It is an act of the most extreme intellectual dishonesty, a stain upon science, for the mainstream not only to be folding their arms waiting for amateurs but regarding the topic itself as taboo among their ranks. 

Edited by DWA

It is the evidence that I speak of that is inherently flawed . I agree based on what is there is enough to warrant further study. Deserves this from the main stream world of science and research .

Even the remote possibility of such a ground breaking discovery should offer up endless possibilities for science to be involved in what be monumental in relation to our own past and future. 

The amateurs should not be expected to shock the world with cracking the proverbial case .What they have accomplished is a start that should be taking to the next level by the professionals unless they already know the answer. 

• Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic