Jump to content

VA Bigfoot Conference June 26th-27th 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Arvedis changed the title to VA Bigfoot Conference June 26th-27th 2021
  • 1 month later...
Arvedis
On 4/7/2021 at 12:20 PM, SwiftWater said:

Don't live too far from here so may have to check it out.

 

If you go, I'm sure this board would be interested in hearing your feedback. In looking over the speaker list, no one seems familiar to me. I'm wondering if they are mostly local researchers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
18 hours ago, Arvedis said:

The she-squatchers sure are getting around.

They don’t really do actual ‘out in the woods’ field research, from what I understand.  
 

I believe that they are ‘animal psychics’ and do their research telepathically from the side of the road.   Their shtick is that Sasquatch are more open to communicating with human females because they are more empathetic or less violent or something.

 

That sort of thing leaves a lot of time for conferences.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

I stand slightly corrected...

 

They are ‘animal communicators and psychic mediums‘.  
 

How or if that differs from animal psychics, I don’t know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis

I got these ladies confused with another all female research group, sisters of the moon or something or other. They operate in texas, oklahoma, arkansas areas.

 

I was not aware the she squatchers were mediums. I've listened to parts of their podcasts but it's not clear to me what they are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
9 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I got these ladies confused with another all female research group, sisters of the moon or something or other. They operate in texas, oklahoma, arkansas areas.

 

I was not aware the she squatchers were mediums. I've listened to parts of their podcasts but it's not clear to me what they are doing.

I am not sure either.

 

One of the main things that they push for is that they apparently look for Bigfoot without ‘men,dogs, or guns’.  They seem to want to establish communication with Sasquatch as opposed to actually getting proof.  I think that the communication is where the psychic element comes in.  I could be wrong though.  
 

They seem to credit Loren Coleman with the group’s formation...which is strange because he is so anti-woo.  Given the psychic elements to their group, it seems like they would be deep in the woo.  


A lot of accounts say that these things have an interest in women and children.  I know that my partner seems to elicit more activity than I do when I am out alone.  We hope to someday leverage that apparent interest into some physical proof one day.  
 

The animal psychic thing isn’t my cup of tea, but more power to them.  Lots of varied approaches might be what we need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
Doc Holliday

 

Im sure to be behind the times on this but  don't recognize any of them... wondering if it's all psychic black magic types or not.

 

If all psychics I need 6 good lotto numbers... 😀

 

If not, info on what presentations the non woo crowd have planned could be interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
19 hours ago, Doc Holliday said:

 

Im sure to be behind the times on this but  don't recognize any of them... wondering if it's all psychic black magic types or not.

 

If all psychics I need 6 good lotto numbers... 😀

 

If not, info on what presentations the non woo crowd have planned could be interesting. 

 

The web site does not make it easy to figure out out http://www.vabigfootcon.com/, looks like most of the speakers are researchers in the southeast. There may be a paranormal guest but most seem to be people in the field.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis

This is sold out or close to it based on social media feedback.

Link to post
Share on other sites
VAfooter
Admin

Just curious, from someone who has never been to one of these things. Is it really worth the money to go; do you learn anything new at them? Especially one like this where there are no nationally known(?) speakers? Or is the value in networking and getting to know other local folks in the field?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Just curious, from someone who has never been to one of these things. Is it really worth the money to go; do you learn anything new at them? Especially one like this where there are no nationally known(?) speakers? Or is the value in networking and getting to know other local folks in the field?

 

I never expect too much but hope for the best. Bottom line is it depends on the venue, the preparation of the speakers, the organization of the event, the variety of vendors, the people who attend, etc. It's all a gamble.  

 

As for speakers, (my opinion is) there are no nationally known BF speakers that have anything to say that we haven't heard already. Personally, I would prefer to hear regional bigfooters talk about their experiences. To each their own though.

 

For this event, the social media chatter is it will be well attended. I would suggest getting tickets in advance if available.

 

191470693_1469630550061715_4052591386066347010_n.jpg

Edited by Arvedis
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...