The other side of the coin

vinchyfoot

12 hours ago, gigantor said:

That's correct, you can't prove a negative. That's why the law deems you innocent until proven guilty.

Without getting political, that is in theory, in the US, elsewhere that drastically varies. But back to topic.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

So prove it.

Also, with others pointing out the proving a negative thingy, it's not on me to prove they aren't there, it's yours to prove they are, if you're just trolling, that is.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Also, with others pointing out the proving a negative thingy, it's not on me to prove they aren't there, it's yours to prove they are, if you're just trolling, that is.

You just made his point....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

You just made his point....

There's a deeper level to it with Bigfoot, there's folklore, both Native American, early American, and thats only been further complicated by the internet, and resulting copycatism. It may be a bitch to prove a negative, but all the BS white noise out there is doing nothing to bring about any hope of discovery either. It only deepens the rabbit whole.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, vinchyfoot said:

Unicorns have nothing to do with the OP, and frankly, it looks like you are attempting to do nothing other than derail a perfectly fine thread out of apparent dislike for the OP.

Your OP posits:

23 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

So, there's always the possibility that Bigfoot, doesn't exist. If that could be proven at some point, what would be the psychological underlying reasons that some many people would have believed that it did? Not just in modern times, but going back into pre Eurpoean times as well?

The point of your question applies to unicorns, extraterrestrial visitors, ghosts, and any other scientifically unproven phenomena. Moreover, psychology itself is a science, so as a worshipper at its altar, you should be able to conduct a little study and answer that question, no?

22 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

Isn't it entirely possible to believe in the existence of Bigfoot, based upon the evidence (thusly, acceptance based upon the evidence), and NOT believe in the existence of unicorns, extraterrestrial visitors, or ghosts? As a disciple of psychology ("science"), what would be the psychology that would explain that?

• Upvote 1

On 6/21/2021 at 8:29 AM, hiflier said:

Proving the creature doesn't exist is even more problematic that proving it does.

Sorry, can't unsee what was seen. 

If that wasn't two bigfoots in the woods on the FLUR, then it was two NFL linebackers playing quietly out in the woods at 11pm in the middle of nowhere. 

"Let's make a monster to keep our children from straying too far from the dwelling. Giants are scary, so we'll make it a giant. Animals such as apes can be scary so let's make it an ape" - 

I could see that. Except the Native American peoples who had those legends far into their pasts had never seen an ape, since they don't exist here. And they didn't have access to the legends of other peoples in different parts of the world to poach from.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

There's a deeper level to it with Bigfoot, there's folklore blah, blah, blah.

There's no unicorn or dragon folklore? Thousands and thousands of years worth.

The inability to disprove mythical animals leaves the logic of this thread wanting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

There's no unicorn or dragon folklore? Thousands and thousands of years worth.

The inability to disprove mythical animals leaves the logic of this thread wanting.

You misquoted my response, and clearly seem to want to derail something that goes against your preferences, abuse of influence?

Vinchyfoot and this goes to all. Please watch their language on the forum. Try to be mindful to each other while debating on this thread . 

• Upvote 1

You fail to logically respond to my points, and evidently believe you're onto some brilliant takedown of the bigfoot phenomenon.

Go ahead, downvote this posting, too.

Notice I've not put red arrows onto your silly postings.

4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

You misquoted my response, and clearly seem to want to derail something that goes against your preferences, abuse of influence?

How did he misquote your response?  You said "There's a deeper level to it with Bigfoot, there's folklore, both Native American, early American...", implying that Bigfoot is singular in its place in folklore.  He pointed out that there were other creatures with similar volumes of folklore pertaining to them.  

As far as abuse of influence goes... how is he abusing anything?  By disagreeing with you?  You are vocal in your disagreement and displeasure with almost every topic that comes up here.  Is it abuse when you do it?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Does any of this have anything to do with Solving For Bigfoot?.......

No, but it is on the verge of exposing yet another discipline of "science" that is failing within the realm of this phenomenon; psychology. That would be a fun discussion, too, since psychology is failing so completely in so many other ways, too.........

• Upvote 2