Jump to content

Bigfoot and heat waves? A youngster gave me his take...


CelticKevin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had a very nice comfortable bass boat and my friend and I spent over two years silently trolling lakes and a 400 mile river with thermal

during the hot summer months trying to see a bigfoot taking a dip or drinking water . I don't think there are any bigfoot in New England or if they are they are just passing through. The kid is right though . We saw countless deer , bear and other critters on the shorelines under the cover of darkness .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone I know is considering some research into caves. I got curious about that and so went on the USGS's site which maps cave maps for each state. I selected Maine and got a message:

USGS.JPG.6db4c0a1f59ab66d9946bf1839d5bd4c.JPG

I know there are a small few but not enough apparently to get the USGS excited. Top state for caves? Tennessee. Second top state? Minnesota with 7,300. So if there are no caves in Maine it would seem that Bigfoot might only pass through and not have a large resident population? Or maybe ANY resident population? The number of reports might suggest that that may be true. Lots have been discussed regarding how Sasquatch deals with brutally hot summer conditions and brutally cold winter conditions. In Maine they may deal with those factors but just moving on and not being around in such extremes.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Someone I know is considering some research into caves. I got curious about that and so went on the USGS's site which maps cave maps for each state. I selected Maine and got a message:

USGS.JPG.6db4c0a1f59ab66d9946bf1839d5bd4c.JPG

I know there are a small few but not enough apparently to get the USGS excited. Top state for caves? Tennessee. Second top state? Minnesota with 7,300. So if there are no caves in Maine it would seem that Bigfoot might only pass through and not have a large resident population? Or maybe ANY resident population? The number of reports might suggest that that may be true. Lots have been discussed regarding how Sasquatch deals with brutally hot summer conditions and brutally cold winter conditions. In Maine they may deal with those factors but just moving on and not being around in such extremes.


I did a search. And found this.

 

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/otherworldy-caves-me/

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, norseman said:


I did a search. And found this.

 

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/maine/otherworldy-caves-me/

 

They are all very shallow, fissures really. Nothing like the limestone networks of TN. Thunder Hole is not a cave but a slot in the rocky shoreline--Summer usually sees it ringed in tourists. Anemone is flooded at high tide, I think all the way but it's been a while.  Despite the shallowness, the ice caves would definitely be a spot to cool down. Allagash Ice Cave is the deepest/longest IIRC. I was in there in the Fall season, no ice but significantly cooler. It's also remote, canoers may pop in from time to time but Allagash Lake is restricted to paddle and the access is maybe a mile long trail, nearly overgrown boggy in places slog--after driving 2hrs on washboarded dirt from the nearest town. That is if you're not doing an offshoot of the Wilderness Waterway.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kiwakwe have you encountered any strong evidence of Sasquatch in New England?

 

I don't mean wood structures but tracks or maybe a visual of one. I think if they are here Maine would be the place they could stay hidden .

 

Vermont , New Hampshire is just loaded with hikers , mountain bikers etc.. but Maine still has remote areas few travel in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I had a very nice comfortable bass boat and my friend and I spent over two years silently trolling lakes and a 400 mile river with thermal

during the hot summer months trying to see a bigfoot taking a dip or drinking water . I don't think there are any bigfoot in New England or if they are they are just passing through. The kid is right though . We saw countless deer , bear and other critters on the shorelines under the cover of darkness .

 

Maine is the most heavily forested state (90%) and it has nearly 18 million acres of forest. I has access to mountains and an endless number of ponds and lakes. Moreover, the human population is the least dense of any state east of the Mississippi and Maine is teeming with wildlife. 

 

I would be surprised if Maine doesn't have its own resident sasquatch population.

 

https://www.maineforestry.net/the-maine-forest

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would tend to agree. A lot of areas to hang out in central and west ME. Plus easy access to CA and NY wilderness areas with relatively narrow population bands to cross. However, even given the winters, I do not see a need for them to leave the state much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, CelticKevin said:

Today at my work, a young kid (about 6 or so) saw my Bigfoot figure and started asking me a bit about it as he too liked Squatchy stuff. We made small talk and I mentioned I was glad I wasn't Bigfoot today as I would be hot under all that hair. He told me they were going to the lake to play in the water and he was going to watch for Bigfoot because he probably liked to play in the water too to cool off...just like his dog in the his backyard wading pool. It tickled me a youngster was even thinking about it.

Nope...not a hot topic (no pun intended). But just something sort of amusing today and you know...he is probably right.

Kids think the darnest things. That's what makes them so special. These creatures might have a swimming hole that is way back in the deep woods. They might also go way deep up north where it is nice and cool. Where people may not be found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I would tend to agree. A lot of areas to hang out in central and west ME. Plus easy access to CA and NY wilderness areas with relatively narrow population bands to cross. However, even given the winters, I do not see a need for them to leave the state much.

Man in suit?

 

 

5 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

 

Maine is the most heavily forested state (90%) and it has nearly 18 million acres of forest. I has access to mountains and an endless number of ponds and lakes. Moreover, the human population is the least dense of any state east of the Mississippi and Maine is teeming with wildlife. 

 

I would be surprised if Maine doesn't have its own resident sasquatch population.

 

https://www.maineforestry.net/the-maine-forest

 

 

I've spent time up there and i know how remote it is . It makes sense to me that Maine is the perfect place for them to stay hidden . Even the harsh winters there are still moose and whitetails they can feed on. I imagine if a small group were to take down just a few moose during the winter it would last a while. Then through in a few black bears and whitetails into the mix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Man in suit?

 

I think so, just does not look right in the legs to me:

 

Outtake.png

 

Sorry, about the best I could do in grabbing a decent shot of it off the screen. I am sure most anybody on here could get it better.  :lol:

 

Note, if happens at about 55/56 seconds into the video. Interesting that the camera guy videos straight ahead for the vast majority of the film, and then turns the camera towards the driver just before videoing this. Hard to tell, but it looks like the creature might have been standing still and then took off as the quad drew even with it. This video is highly suspect in my view, but I am willing to be proven wrong....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VAfooter said:

 

I think so, just does not look right in the legs to me:

 

Outtake.png

 

Sorry, about the best I could do in grabbing a decent shot of it off the screen. I am sure most anybody on here could get it better.  :lol:

 

Note, if happens at about 55/56 seconds into the video. Interesting that the camera guy videos straight ahead for the vast majority of the film, and then turns the camera towards the driver just before videoing this. Hard to tell, but it looks like the creature might have been standing still and then took off as the quad drew even with it. This video is highly suspect in my view, but I am willing to be proven wrong....

No that's the way I see it also .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VAfooter said:

 

I think so, just does not look right in the legs to me:

 

Outtake.png

 

Sorry, about the best I could do in grabbing a decent shot of it off the screen. I am sure most anybody on here could get it better.  :lol:

 

Note, if happens at about 55/56 seconds into the video. Interesting that the camera guy videos straight ahead for the vast majority of the film, and then turns the camera towards the driver just before videoing this. Hard to tell, but it looks like the creature might have been standing still and then took off as the quad drew even with it. This video is highly suspect in my view, but I am willing to be proven wrong....

I agree. I too thought the legs looked off and it looks like a costume bagging in the middle. And it was convenient the camera was turned at just the right time. My opinion..it is a fake.
If you want a second opinion....the joke he told wasn't funny either.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, hiflier said:

I know there are a small few but not enough apparently to get the USGS excited.

 

Thanks, Norseman, Yes, I am familiar with those. The Ice Caves are very cool (pun intented). So sure, there are some, but not like, say WV or KY or OK or the lahars in WA. Maine really doesn't have all that many.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...