Survivorman Bigfoot - Directors cut - Todd Standing trip AB

norseman

12 hours ago, norseman said:

Then why implement a rating system if the goal isn’t to convince anyone?

Efficiency.  If we come across content, or a video, or whatever evidence, that's unanimously downranked, then I wouldn't spend much time looking at it.  For example, if we had a rating of video evidence, P/G would likely get a high rating, signaling it's credible and worthy of some attention.  If it's a researcher or an "authority", like say Meldrum, and has a higher rating, I'm more apt to pay closer attention to his data.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:15 PM, norseman said:

Me!? I’m never wrong! Pffsssttt! 😉

I would have no problem ever admitting I'm wrong about something, and if that day were to ever come, I'd have no problem doing so.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, norseman said:

Im taking exception to Dave’s post.

If a body wont convince people so why bother? What is a rating system gonna do!?🤷🏻‍♂️

If people are not convinced with a body? Who cares? They become flat earthers at that point. This is how biology works. Sorry.

To add to my previous post about efficiency, it wouldn't be for those who couldn't be convinced.  It's for perhaps those on the fence, dabbling or perhaps discovering "hey, there's more to this topic than I previously thought", and "who's a good source to follow?", or "what evidence considered legit?"  Those committed to ignoring the evidence of this topic aren't invited to the party.  They can have fun discussing the flat earth.  The question you now make me ponder is how would one account for a rating system as those cement-heads start ranking everything as fake or a fraud?  I suppose it's just part of any public voting or ranking system on any topic. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with you Dave, this has been one of the things hurting the topic of BF for a long time, there's simply no way of knowing what is legit or not to someone on the outside who may be curious about the topic, rn the community as a whole caters to itself and isn't interested in expanding to outside perspectives if you don't already believe in BF. Having a resource that gives others the concise information needed to navigate the subject safely, and not letting BS filter into the evidence is 100% needed. It's just overwhelming to people on the outside looking in. 

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 2

The simple truth is that in any endeavor it is up to the person new to the subject matter to spend the time to ferret out that which is significant and that which isn't.  The difficulty is that you don't know enough at the beginning to make those determinations. It takes a fair amount of time invested to begin to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Let me give you an example. I happen to have an interest in Ripperology aka Jack the Ripper. I am a neophyte and have been investing a fair amount of time reading just to have the most basic understanding of who the suspects are, when they were in Whitechapel, and how they fit into the puzzle. Others who frequently post on Ripper forums, like we do here, have invested many years to develop their level of knowledge. I marvel at their grasp of both the big picture and all the minute details contained therein.

I think in time you get a feel for what doesn't appear right when you read a witness report or speak to someone who allegedly was involved in an incident. That said, even the most seasoned and discriminating investigator can be fooled by someone fully determined to pull the wool over another person's eyes.

This can be a particularly frustrating hobby or interest. One must enjoy the subject matter andespecially enjoy being out in the woods regardless of repeated failure. Trust me, I know all too well. Grow your knowledge base and let the facts lead you in whatever direction it takes.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 5:01 PM, norseman said:

Im taking exception to Dave’s post.

If a body wont convince people so why bother? What is a rating system gonna do!?🤷🏻‍♂️

If people are not convinced with a body? Who cares? They become flat earthers at that point. This is how biology works. Sorry.

I completely agree. A body will definitely convince me and many others, but nothing else will. 

Certainly, not the unconvincing evidence available to the public at this time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, MarkGlasgow said:

Just last week I decided to see how the other half live and listened to interviews with Janice Carter quickly followed by one with Tood Standing.

Blinky, the magical Sylvanic Valley and all his other nonsense over the years aside (if that's possible)... The interview gave an insight into his mindset and it wasn't pretty. From the current shenanigans where he wants us to believe he's going to stop billionaire hunters from harvesting a bigfoot single-handedly. To the very strong and unwavering belief that he will be the one to prove BF with irrefutable HD footage (clearly forgot about his already existing irrefutable headshots of BF). 

As tempting as it may be I for one would not be going into the wilderness with this guy on one of his 'expeditions'. Certainly there is something a little broken with Todd. Very sad case.

Agree, and its really Sad . I have watched Todd's Youtube updates on his Sylvanic channel and thought the same thing .... Broken . 

BFF Patron
On 10/4/2022 at 1:45 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Exactly.  

Whether or not Standing’s footage is a hoax is (obviously) a matter of debate.  For me, many of the debunking attempts that people like to trot out are clumsy and laughable and don’t really do anything to disprove the images.  The morphing face… the image where a tree branch was photoshopped out…  I am sorry, but the attempts at debunking seem less believable than Standing’s images.  

Thinker Thunker video analysis is pretty arbitrary… and the way that he got his panties in a bunch over a comment by Stroud told me all that I needed to know.  Thinker is too emotionally involved to be a neutral judge of the images.

At the end of the day, people often  jump upon the ‘he’s a hoaxer’ bandwagon because that’s what everyone else says. Or, they find Standing personally distasteful.  Or, he ‘stole my area’…which is silly unless he broke into someone’s house, stole a deed to private land, and then took legal possession of said land.  

Personally, I am on the fence about Standing’s images.  But, I will evolve my opinion on the merits of the images themselves, not because someone told me to think that they were fake.

And honestly… Standing is actually getting out there into the backcountry and doing the work, not sitting around preaching from his keyboard.  That alone is worth some kudos 

TS/Fraud Standing is a known hoaxer and film-maker in cahoots with his sister and makeup artist accomplice.  He will never be more than an outdoorsman hoaxer in my mind and Jeff Meldrum and John Bindernagel know better too (despite going on TS's escalator ride to hoaxdom in tandem with the Fraudster).  The BF Hall of Shame serves a REAL purpose in this day of age of doublespeak and alt-reality and fake facts.  Not even Les Stroud or Survivorman or superhero first class footers can make Standing credible much less palatable.  https://squatchdetective.weebly.com/todd-standing--sylvanic.html

Edited by bipedalist

2 hours ago, bipedalist said:

TS/Fraud Standing is a known hoaxer and film-maker in cahoots with his sister and makeup artist accomplice.  He will never be more than an outdoorsman hoaxer in my mind and Jeff Meldrum and John Bindernagel know better too (despite going on TS's escalator ride to hoaxdom in tandem with the Fraudster).  The BF Hall of Shame serves a REAL purpose in this day of age of doublespeak and alt-reality and fake facts.  Not even Les Stroud or Survivorman or superhero first class footers can make Standing credible much less palatable.  https://squatchdetective.weebly.com/todd-standing--sylvanic.html

As best as I can tell…His sister is a makeup artist… as in hair and makeup.  She isn’t out working with Tom Savini or anything.  I don’t think the lady working the makeup counter at Macys is going to be much help hoaxing Sasquatch evidence, but I could be wrong.  

That’s exactly why I don’t take everything that is said about Standing without question.  There are a lot of holes in the efforts to debunk him.  Like the badly photoshopped face morphing video.  

As far as the “Hall of Shame”… so?  That’s the opinion of one person.  I am sure that he is a nice guy, but I don’t take someone’s word as the final say just because thru have a website.  

As far as Meldrum goes… his opinion on track evidence carries a lot of weight.  On everything else… his opinion is welcome but it’s not the final word. 

Has Standing released casts that Meldrum has examined and stated that they were hoaxed?  If so, I would be interested in seeing that.

I am not saying that Standing’s stuff is definitively real.  I just don’t fall into this weird semi-worship thing that people seem to have with recognized names in this field.  So and so said that it is fake, so it must be so.  I make up my own mind.  And my own mind isn’t definitively made up.  

I think that Standing’s stuff is probably fake and that one day definitive proof of his hoaxing will probably come out.  I am leaning towards the opinion that he has an encounter or sighting and knows that these creatures exist and has faked some stuff to try and shift public opinion… but, I can’t say that is 100% fact.  

Having a different public opinion on Standing seems to be one of those groupthink violations that riles people up for some reason.  

That being said…

There was a lady last year on Standing’s Facebook group who claimed that she had memory cards with video footage of Standing faking his evidence.  She got booted from the group pretty quickly, but I tracked her down.  She turned out to be a jilted lover (Standing apparently loves the ladies) who was upset that Todd had apparently ripped her off post breakup.  Allegedly stole a bunch of her stuff out of a shared camper.  She claimed that when she got some of her stuff back that the memory cards were with it.  

She was going to release everything to supposedly blow Standing out of the water, but it never materialized and she went quiet on social media.  I suppose that Standing sweet talked her into not releasing what she had or she never had the memory cards in the first place.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I think that Standing’s stuff is probably fake and that one day definitive proof of his hoaxing will probably come out.  I am leaning towards the opinion that he has an encounter or sighting and knows that these creatures exist and has faked some stuff to try and shift public opinion… but, I can’t say that is 100% fact.

This is my opinion also.

10 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

As best as I can tell…His sister is a makeup artist… as in hair and makeup.  She isn’t out working with Tom Savini or anything.  I don’t think the lady working the makeup counter at Macys is going to be much help hoaxing Sasquatch evidence, but I could be wrong.  

That’s exactly why I don’t take everything that is said about Standing without question.  There are a lot of holes in the efforts to debunk him.  Like the badly photoshopped face morphing video.  

As far as the “Hall of Shame”… so?  That’s the opinion of one person.  I am sure that he is a nice guy, but I don’t take someone’s word as the final say just because thru have a website.  

As far as Meldrum goes… his opinion on track evidence carries a lot of weight.  On everything else… his opinion is welcome but it’s not the final word. 

Has Standing released casts that Meldrum has examined and stated that they were hoaxed?  If so, I would be interested in seeing that.

I am not saying that Standing’s stuff is definitively real.  I just don’t fall into this weird semi-worship thing that people seem to have with recognized names in this field.  So and so said that it is fake, so it must be so.  I make up my own mind.  And my own mind isn’t definitively made up.  

Having a different public opinion on Standing seems to be one of those groupthink violations that riles people up for some reason.  

That being said…

There was a lady last year on Standing’s Facebook group who claimed that she had memory cards with video footage of Standing faking his evidence.  She got booted from the group pretty quickly, but I tracked her down.  She turned out to be a jilted lover (Standing apparently loves the ladies) who was upset that Todd had apparently ripped her off post breakup.  Allegedly stole a bunch of her stuff out of a shared camper.  She claimed that when she got some of her stuff back that the memory cards were with it.  

She was going to release everything to supposedly blow Standing out of the water, but it never materialized and she went quiet on social media.  I suppose that Standing sweet talked her into not releasing what she had or she never had the memory cards in the first place.  

Todd is anti kill. I don’t like that.

Todd tried to get a species recognized without a type specimen. Not very science like. I don’t like that.

And then there is the muppet heads…. And then the critics talking about the eyes not blinking. So next is a completely different and better head in which the eyes deliberately blink.🤔 It’s like comparing 1974 Planet of the apes with 2018 Planet of the apes. There is progression in his art. Which isn’t biology.🤷‍♂️

Also, I obviously suck in the woods as I have observed one set of tracks in the woods. The rest is pretty ambiguous. Tree breaks, knocks, hoots, etc. This dude? He is hitting a home run almost every time he goes out. He has Bigfoot running behind trees. He has Bigfoot lowering itself down on a cliff face. He has close ups of their faces. He has video of them rolling boulders and logs at him while growling. He has most plaster casts than most researchers combined. So either he is really really that good? And we are really really that bad? OR? There is more there than meets the eye. Which makes it convenient that he is anti kill. Right?

The muppet head is 100 percent a hoax in my eyes. Maybe some of the rest of it is legit? Probably not. Either way? Todd Standing is not dragging one feet first outta the woods. In fact he is committed to stopping that from happening. So I can only draw one conclusion. He wants to perpetuate the mystery. And he muddies the waters of this subject. What’s real? What’s fake?

Back to Stroud, I think Les is a stand up guy. I don’t think he is trying to hoax anyone. And I like that while guarded he tried to give Standing a fair shake. He went out and surveyed the ground. Listened to Standing and then did some experimentation on his own. I do not hold anything against Stroud. Albeit he can kinda come off as a woo bush hippie at times. Whatever.

• Upvote 1