RIP, Sasquatch Researcher Tal H. Branco

hiflier

Admin

Very sad news. He was one of the best. No grandstanding, no showmanship, just solid factual reporting.

He lived in the same area that my mom does, Saline County AR. He offered to take me out to some of his "areas" sometime when I was in town. Schedules never worked out and it did not come to pass. Sadly an opportunity missed. Prayers for his family!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad to see this.  I followed the Bigfoot thread on Arkansas Hunting forum for years due to his participation.  I always looked forward to reading his replies.  Interesting stories and reports in a extremely long thread.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
BFF Patron
On 3/1/2022 at 5:25 AM, hiflier said:

https://www.ashbyfuneralhome.com/obituary/billy-joe-white-7889924

"Billy J. White, 87, died peacefully on February 18, 2022 at Arkansas Heart Hospital. He was born on September 19, 1934 in Star City, Arkansas to Carey Andrew White and Juanita Johnson White. He graduated from Bryant High School and attended the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He was retired from Reynolds Metals where he worked as a chemist and retired from the Arkansas Manufactured Home Commission where he worked as an inspector. He was the founder of the Interstate Inspector Services and was also the first paid City Marshal of Bryant. He served as Deputy Sheriff of Saline County and served as a Benton Police Officer. In his free time, he was a Bigfoot researcher and lifelong woodsman and author.

He was preceded in death by his parents and brothers Raymond, Gene, and Jackie White. He was also preceded in death by his grandson, Sean Michael Morrissey and his great-granddaughter, Gracie Honey Manning.

He is survived by his wife of 67 years, Hazel Wilkerson White. He is also survived by his children, Theresa Gideon, Sharon Manning, Mendy White, and Joe White. He is survived by his two siblings, Wanda Phillips and Jerry White as well as his wonderful 13 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren. He will be greatly missed. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital."

So with a resume like that it is easy to see why he had a stage name.  Quite a family man and researcher.  They could start there own genealogical society and I am sure that they miss him and hope they heal in their own time. 

9 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Quite a family man and researcher

Indeed he was and had a kindness which made him always great to talk with.

20230609_091610.thumb.jpg.baf81b6a2bb8bfe105adb4370793baf2.jpg20230609_091525.thumb.jpg.858288a20dfd0478c352a9183803a98e.jpg

Edited by hiflier

I’m saddened by this news. Bill stepped into my business right as I joined the BFF in 2011. He offered me advice regarding the area I was investigating, as well as the different types of creatures I’d find there. He was very correct. He was kind, but firm - Obviously a result of his law enforcement background. He was an original that could spin a yarn with the best of them.

Admittedly, I used to temper my response to his forum violations because I knew what he meant most of the time. He wasn’t one to beat around the bush. I find that the older I get the more I realize that he was right to be true to himself and say what he meant.

RIP, Bill. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I know he talked about working on another book or two. I wonder if any of his family intend to complete that work, but then his voice was unique. He must have kept meticulous notes, etc.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I worked with Tal on several occasions as we shared information back and forth about Bigfoot related material, he was someone that will be strongly missed in the community, but I hope he really knows the secret to Bigfoot now.