A Paranormal Proposition

Bonehead74

It has been suggested and denied for the time being from what I understand. I feel the issue may be coming to a head unless folks want to see more para-discussions in the General Discussion board. I still think a sub-forum under the campfire chat section wold be most excellent. JMHO. Guess if I ever get on the steering commitee I can plead my case.

The idea of this thread though, was to put the issue to bed unless you have proof or a way to provide it thanks to Bonehead74. No one is biting yet though.

HairyGreek gets it.

My idea was to give the PN believers an honest, no BS chance to contribute actionable ideas instead of anecdotes. I thought they'd eat it up like a ham sandwich, as adamant as they are that their views are correct. Unfortunately they remain reticent...

Very well said. My Ouija board statement was a joke too, I don't endorse them. But let's be careful here..we are treading a fine line with the forum rules in these posts.

Stop moderating, It's against the forum rules too.

I don't know what the heck they are and they have me really baffled.

Flesh and blood fans, try this. Take a para-partner. Get a camera. Locate in habitat some possible hidy spots or hidden bf lairs. Film. Have para partner thrash the area where he perceives them with a large cane or spray it with a noxious substance, staying well upwind. He is safe, they are only ghosties. Can you see them or hear them now? On the image, what happened? If you get a noise or motion, get attacked or film them running off, you are right, he is wrong! THey are real physical animals. Congrats.

Edited by Kings Canyon

Guest HairyGreek

Stop moderating, It's against the forum rules too.

I said we...meaning including me. Excuse me if I overstepped my boundaries. I apologize. Any chance we can do this over PM in the future? Kinda embarrassing to get publicly dressed down. :blush:

I said we...meaning including me. Excuse me if I overstepped my boundaries. I apologize. Any chance we can do this over PM in the future? Kinda embarrassing to get publicly dressed down. :blush:

If you quit moderating in public, I'll quit reminding you in public. :)

Guest HairyGreek

If you quit moderating in public, I'll quit reminding you in public. :)

Well, geez! I can't moderate in private! :lol:

...or can I? ...:evil laugh ensues: :ph34r:

Anyhoo, anyone NOT believing in the whole PN idea but who has some experience (even amateur, which is more than me) in scientific study have any ideas? This is beyond me. I was hoping GrayJay would throw something out there. Saskeptic...care to take a shot at how you could even start? Jodie mentioned EMF. This seems to turn up some results. I don't watch any of the ghost-hunter type shows so I don't know what else they measure or look for.

YOu're not the boss of me.

Really, I got a temperature indicator thing at Harbor Freight that tells the temp from a distance. Seems pretty accurate. DOn't know why you need FLIR if you have that thing and aren't afraid to get as close as say 20 ft away....(or at least closer than some FLIR-happy Ohio researchers I will not name who can't even see bf when they are practically waving at him from nearby.)

Edited by Kings Canyon

Well, geez! I can't moderate in private! :lol:

...or can I? ...:evil laugh ensues: :ph34r:

Anyhoo, anyone NOT believing in the whole PN idea but who has some experience (even amateur, which is more than me) in scientific study have any ideas? This is beyond me. I was hoping GrayJay would throw something out there. Saskeptic...care to take a shot at how you could even start? Jodie mentioned EMF. This seems to turn up some results. I don't watch any of the ghost-hunter type shows so I don't know what else they measure or look for.

Yes you can, I prefer you hit the report button but people PM me all the time if they are not sure about it. Let me just remind you that I'm not the only moderator. Art and Grayjay are also on a lot so spread the wealth.

EMF- I am familiar with the EMF that MRI's put out and the total anxiety that it causes patients to have, even those that don't think they need the sedation. There is such a thing as a "fear cage" caused by EMF fields. You could rig something up in a canyon where the generator could contain the EMF field on the off chance that the Sasquatch came to check you out but who wants to deal with an anxious Sasquatch? It's not very practical.

I don't know what the heck they are and they have me really baffled.

Flesh and blood fans, try this. Take a para-partner. Get a camera. Locate in habitat some possible hidy spots or hidden bf lairs. Film. Have para partner thrash the area where he perceives them with a large cane or spray it with a noxious substance, staying well upwind. He is safe, they are only ghosties. Can you see them or hear them now? On the image, what happened? If you get a noise or motion, get attacked or film them running off, you are right, he is wrong! THey are real physical animals. Congrats.

I think this clinches it. My hope for a serious response has just given up the ghost. Pun fully intended.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest HairyGreek

EMF- I am familiar with the EMF that MRI's put out and the total anxiety that it causes patients to have, even those that don't think they need the sedation. There is such a thing as a "fear cage" caused by EMF fields. You could rig something up in a canyon where the generator could contain the EMF field on the off chance that the Sasquatch came to check you out but who wants to deal with an anxious Sasquatch? It's not very practical.

So wait...it's not the claustrophobia? I had no idea...that is wild. Well, could you rig something that reads EMF in some way? Not really interested in an Sas having a panic attack either.

Sas said:

Do you mean 15 Foot High Windows ?? Owls ?? No.

& what little Shadowy things scurrying around your House ?? Mice ?? No. Shadows.

& what big shadowy things ?? Daddy Mouse ?? We have no mice.

& what pokes you awake at night ?? Kids who can't sleep or your imagination/bad dream ?? Kids grown & gone. No bad dreams. It waits until I'm awake enough that there is no doubt.

Susi says:

You live in a haunted house... :( Thankfully my ghost never did any of those things..She just rocked all night long after I went to bed.

I think this clinches it. My hope for a serious response has just given up the ghost. Pun fully intended.

Well, you could always perform the Smith & Wesson test, or as I prefer, the Sturm Ruger test. They are both very definitive, but are kind of hard on the test subjects....

All I've got to say is, just in case they are not PN, don't miss!

That ^ brings up something that i've been wondering about. Who says they can't have a physical presence, at least sometimes and also possibly be super-natural, PN, highly strange or, whatever (at the same time)? And, how did whoever decided that, decide that?? ^_^

Susi says:

You live in a haunted house... :( Thankfully my ghost never did any of those things..She just rocked all night long after I went to bed.

I'm pretty sure this place isn't haunted. We just built the house in '99, & for the first 4-5 years everything was clam & quiet. The strangeness only started after the hairy folks started hanging around.

That ^ brings up something that i've been wondering about. Who says they can't have a physical presence, at least sometimes and also possibly be super-natural, PN, highly strange or, whatever (at the same time)? And, how did whoever decided that, decide that?? ^_^

I'd like to know that, too, because it seems to be the case.