What happened to Bobo??

PNWexplorer

Rabbit hole story...

I was listening to an older episode of Sasquatch Chronicles in which the host interviewed the producer of a documentary called simply, "Sasquatch".  It was released on Hulu in 2021.  The premise of the documentary was that an undercover investigative journalist was in the infamous Emerald Triangle pot-growing area in Northern California when he witnessed a couple of guys burst into a remote cabin claiming that Bigfoot ripped apart three men on a pot farm not far from there.  

The premise was interesting, so I found all three episodes on YouTube and watched them.

In the first episode, they interviewed a few Bigfoot "experts" for insight into the phenomenon.  There was Dr. Jeff Meldrum (who I respect highly), a couple of gay guys that were entertaining, then one guy with crazy eyes that had haltering speech, looked unhealthily thin, and came across as a total loon.

Screen+Shot+2015-02-15+at+4.22.04+PM.png

how-to-watch-sasquatch-3011364.png?r=161

20230719_000249.thumb.jpg.fc5a09078fbb5d8dcf8d11254330f86e.jpg

I wasn't paying close attention to the show when the last guy came on, and missed his name on the screen.

But after listening to him, he seemed very familiar.  I actually re-winded the video to get his name...

20230719_000230.thumb.jpg.50cc3d19c840de160b95b775d7d539c0.jpg

WTF??!!

I could not believe that this was the same guy from "Finding Bigfoot".  

I used to love his contribution to the show and thought he would be the most fun to hang out and BS with.

The person shown in this documentary appeared to be strung out on drugs, unstable, sickly, and mentally ill.  I did an internet search and found some articles about his rapid weight loss, but nothing that confirmed what caused it and what his current status was.  Sad to see an apparently great guy devolve into what I saw on a two-year old documentary.

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on with Mr. Fay?

He has addressed his appearance, stating that he is just on a healthier path and has cut junk out of his diet and exercises regularly.  He does sound just fine on his podcast show with Cliff.

Glad to hear that he is doing better these days.  I don't know what was going on when they interviewed him for the documentary, but it was sad to watch.

12 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

In the first episode, they interviewed a few Bigfoot "experts" for insight into the phenomenon. 

This is where the Bigfoot subject really needs to grow up a bit. 

There are no Bigfoot experts.  One cannot go to school for it.   There are people who are experts in certain fields that happen to pertain to Bigfoot.

Real experts are people like Meldrum, Munns, Wilderness and Wildlife experts, and so on.  These are experts in specific subjects credentialed in their field.

What we end up with is some well-meaning hobbyist who - in a vacuum of real experts stepping up- try their best to study and explain the bigfoot subject.  <--- That is a huge problem.  They do the best they can to advocate for their position but are simply overmatched in many cases.   

I have never met Bobo but he is well known at least among those who watch his show.   

It's just my opinion but I think those shows are harmful to the serious discussion of the Bigfoot subject.  Having seen Bobo on Conan I think it is sad the missed opportunity had instead Bill Munns appeared instead.  I'm not saying Bobo was given much time and I felt Conan was treating Bobo like a prop which was unfair to him. In spite of all of that, it was not a good moment for serious Bigfoot discussion.  

I imagine if Bill Munns had been given the chance to appear instead of Bobo.  Think of how much better the discussion would play out and how much more serious the discussion would be.   

OIP.Eznh6n1yokmybGBksxLFEwHaEP?pid=ImgDe

Image result for bill munns bigfoot

(I hope Bobo is well and wish him no disrespect.)

I just want more of a dream team to make the case for Bigfoot should a case be made.  The chances to make the case seem few and far between.   When the opportunity comes in the media to do this, they need the best messengers to make that case.

When any Bigfoot advocate suggests on TV a normal twig snaps was a 'Squatch' the case is over before it even begins.   

Image result for bigfoot bobo its a squatch

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

SSR Team
15 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

The person shown in this documentary appeared to be strung out on drugs, unstable, sickly, and mentally ill.  I did an internet search and found some articles about his rapid weight loss, but nothing that confirmed what caused it and what his current status was.  Sad to see an apparently great guy devolve into what I saw on a two-year old documentary.

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on with Mr. Fay?

Whooooaaaahhhhh there, that's a bit strong, the guy just tried to get a little healthier and make his diet better etc.

• Like 1

Over the decades, I have noticed that the folks who frequent the local organic health food store appear to be some of the most unhealthy looking individuals that I see in the general public. Is being emaciated healthy? Is it a good look? Most of these folks exude a general air of spaciness as well...

Edited by OldMort
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Whooooaaaahhhhh there, that's a bit strong, the guy just tried to get a little healthier and make his diet better etc.

Did you watch the video referenced?  Do you have any experience in law enforcement and interacting with people on various substances and with mental health issues?  I do, and I have.  

What I saw was consistent with a person who was not well mentally or physically.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember in the opening show for one of the "new" seasons when Finding Bigfoot was on, there was Bobo with his new look. He had obviously lost considerable weight since the end of the previous season, which was a big surprise to the viewers.

I'm sure a lot were concerned and inquired about the change, and as 1980squatch mentioned, he had said he started on a healthier diet.

From what I remember seeing back then, and comparing him to the pics PNW posted, he looks like he's lost some more weight. 

So basically no.  You have no experience interacting with people who are suffering from mental health issues and/or substance abuse issues.  Nor have you even seen the behavior in the video that I observed which led to my concern for Mr. Fay's well-being.

I don't know why you are so triggered by the presentation of concern that he was not well.  I did not state that I hated Bobo, or disliked Bobo, or thought he was a bad person.  In fact I stated the opposite.  I was concerned for a TV personality that I do not know, but thought was a good guy and would like to hang out with who was exhibiting signs of mental and physical health issues.

Yet you chose to attack my observations without even witnessing what they were based upon, then try to gaslight me for airing concerns on a Bigfoot forum regarding the condition of one of the most famous Bigfoot personalities?  

Be better, indeed.

• Upvote 1

PNWexplorer asked a question. And when one wasn’t received? He speculated.🤷‍♂️ Correct me if I am wrong, he isn’t doing it to character assassinate Bobo…. He plainly stated he liked him and was his favorite on “Finding Bigfoot”.

MIB states that while he cannot say what’s wrong it’s not drugs or mental health, but won’t say exactly what it is.

Ok so now we are speculating again. Is it Parkinson’s disease? Is it CTE?

I lost my balance from 2 pinched spots on my spinal column from an old football injury. Had two artificial discs put in my neck. It’s gotten better. Bobo is a big guy? Maybe he played football as well?

Whatever is afflicting Bobo? I wish him well. No he does not look healthy or the Bobo of old. But if he wants privacy I can respect that as well. I guess I am pretty loose with the board and my own health struggles.

• Upvote 2

If you listen to the B&B podcast, every so often you hear that Bobo can't make the recording as he is undergoing hypobaric treatments, lost the weight as his health wasn't the best and he needs to be fitter, and that he has several documentary projects in the works. All of that can have a tiring effect on a person. Frankly, his medical condition is no more yours or mine's business than ours in his. It's a sad side effect of celebrity that when one is overweight, he is kidded and criticized for it and when they lose weight the assumption is they are sick, a tweeker, or both.

I wish him well as I think he is a good dude and is going to be bringing us some fresh Bigfoot related material fairly soon.

• Upvote 2

I saw him at the Salt Fork gathering a few years ago here in Ohio. He looked skinny, yeah, but I saw him candidly interacting with his friends and the folks from Small Town Monsters and he seemed to be doing great.

He's a bit of a space cadet, and his speech went super long , and seeing his friends laughing at him for his production skills and his "eff you a holes" in response to them was a big highlight of that day. In other words, he's the stereotypical Humboldt county hippy kind of guy. Sometimes their brains don't age well. He really did seem very healthy and moved around well though.

Years of surfing, logging, and commercial fishing might do some damage to a body. He seems to stay pretty busy with travel and appearances, and they do lots of the podcasts where he sounds fine. Sometimes he's got that funny Cali dialect I've noticed, speaking really fast and kinda running words together.

I can tell you are really concerned about James's health and that you aren't just coming here to stir the pot and to lob extremely personal attacks against someone you've probably never met. LOL

I didn't think he looked great, but I took it as a health issue. It must be tough to look through the lens of humanity with the eyes of a former LEO. You've been primed to see people in a certain way and that can be limiting for you and for them. 

• Upvote 1