Bigfoot enthusiasts from Iowa

CL60

I was wondering if anyone on this forum is from Iowa.  I live in northeast Iowa.  We have the Cedar River flowing through our community. Since we have the river here, along it is a lot of woods throughout the town.  My son found a wooded path that is located in the back of one of our  cemeteries.  The path and the cemetery are next to the river. I have heard that Bigfoot likes to be close to a water source and they dig cemeteries.  No pun intended. Actually, yes it was.  Seriously, Bigfoot was spotted here in my neck of the woods. That happened back in the 1970’s. I have not heard of any recent sightings.  I love to hear if anyone in Iowa has had their Bigfoot experience.  Thanks 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CL60, I’m actually from southeast Iowa born and raised.

We live in a pretty rural area along the Skunk River (sexy name, right?). I had what I believe to be an “ultrasound event” in Colorado a few years back. And something that happened to the wife and I here that may or may not have been squatch related so I’ve not posted about it but it was definitely “odd”. 

I definitely keep my head on a swivel when driving down here, helps with preventing deer to vehicle contact as well! 

• Like 1

I know Iowa well. Best areas for BF are in NE Iowa and SE Minn. Center your searches in the Volga River, Turkey River, Yellow River, Upper Iowa River and Root River (Minn) valleys

This was found in north east Iowa and is one of the best footprints I've ever seen.  There were several prints but this one was the best.  

Obviously a juvenile and outside of human ratios for the ball and heel.  Both Dr. Meldrum and Cliff B. have viewed the cast and Cliff has even produced a copy and is in his museum.  

Pretty cool stuff.  

IMG_8874.JPG

IMG_8886.jpg

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Has all the tell tale signs of what it really is. But it took some effort so well done! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 11:04 AM, Northern Lights said:

This was found in north east Iowa and is one of the best footprints I've ever seen.  There were several prints but this one was the best.  

Obviously a juvenile and outside of human ratios for the ball and heel.  Both Dr. Meldrum and Cliff B. have viewed the cast and Cliff has even produced a copy and is in his museum.  

Pretty cool stuff.  

IMG_8874.JPG

IMG_8886.jpg

wow, a human sized foot print from someone under 6'