Twitter And The Big Guy

BobbyO

SSR Team

You know what? Forget it. I just reported it myself. This occurred less than 24 hours ago. It's probably nothing. Probably he hit a bear. But if not, someone may be wounded, or worse, someone's corpse may need to be recovered.

I can't stand by and hope for the best in this case.

I can picture it now :rolleyes:

Police Dispatch : Hello, what are you reporting ?

Krakatoa : Err, an accident, a hit & run, well not run, well some say say he left the scene, but it was only 40 feet then he turned around.

PD : Ok Sir, now calm down. Where did this happen ??

K : Errr in West Virginia.

PD : Ok, where ??

K : Errr on a Mountain Road where it was foggy.

PD : Ok so you don't know the exact location ??

K : Errr no.

PD : Were you there at the scene ??

K : No, this was reported initially by a Bigfoot Research Group via Twitter, then posted on a public Bigfoot Forum.

PD : Ok, so what did he/she hit in the Car ??

K : Err no one knows.

PD : Was it a Person ??

K : I don't know ??

PD : Is it injured ??

K : I don't know it wasn't there when he turned the Car around.

PD : So it was an Animal ??

K Well actually, rumors on that same Bigfoot Forum suggest that DNA Studies will reveal.........................

:D

Maybe not in your part of the world but in Va. leaving the scene of an accident much less if you hit a person will definitely catch you a felony charge. Gee i dont know maybe because there could be someones grandma with dementia laying in a ditch right now? But enough about the law your right it was most likley an animal, but really if you think about it had to be a human... It didn't have it's hands up!

I hear ya, bud! I have heard a bit more of the story, so maybe my opinion is slightly biased. He didn't hit a person, so all the felony stuff seems a little overkill. My brother was a police officer, then detective before he became a Fish & Wildlife officer, so I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to the semantics of striking an animal, and/or hit and run, and yeah, if he hit a person, there was definitely some negligence on his part, but since he didn't, there's nothing but spilled milk on that road. THey couldn't even get him for driving too fast for conditions. And there's always the angle where they could say that they were just building hype for their show. There is nothing that can come from this, IMO.I admit that I have zero knowledge of Va laws, so if it's S.P to report an accident with no damage, and no animal, blood, or hair at the scene, then so be it.

And Bobby....I woke my dog up from laughing at your last post! No offense, Krak, because I understand your concern, but the audio from that call would be priceless! Don't worry, brutha...He hit a Squatch! Matt has already confirmed it in his re-enactment analysis for the show. Bobo only fell three feet, then ran off, when Matt, and Cliff clipped him at 55mph!

No matter what happened I am sure Sheriff Oakes would be more than happy to have an officer check it out... My wife went to college in that part of VA and we still have a few friends there. I think that no matter what was hit, if you a positive identification wasn't made the police should have been notified. I can't imagine not thinking of doing that. It doesn't matter what you thought it might be, it would be best to have it checked out.

Guest krakatoa

Some of you people are out there.

I mean, I'm willing to accept the possibility of Bigfoot.

But when a person reports that they hit something bipedal on a paved highway, it is patently absurd to assume that what he barely glimpsed before impact was a bigfoot.

That some of you have that as a default position and therefore are unconcerned about it suggests that maybe you need to step back for a bit and re-examine your presumptions about the world.

If this accident occurred just as he says it did, the probability that he hit a human is orders of magnitude higher than the probability that he hit a bigfoot.

So instead of putting yourself in the junior cryptid researcher club, to borrow a snide remark from earlier, and having a laugh about the various ways such a police report might go, how about putting yourself in the basic human compassion club, and ponder the ways one's biases towards the fantastic might cloud one's judgement.

As of last night, the story was simply this:

Man driving on dark & foggy night on paved highway hits something bipedal that leaves no blood marks or hair on the car.

Are you all seriously telling me you aren't the least bit concerned that no real search was done? So he scanned a flir around for some amount of time. Does the flir pick up the body laying in the culvert you don't see 10 feet from the road on that dark & foggy night?

I certainly hope for the best at this point. But the possibility of the worst was far more likely than the possibility he hit a bigfoot.

People on other threads question whether bigfoot kills humans. What happened here could be: The belief in bigfoot killed a human.

Pretty funny, right? :mellow:

Edited by krakatoa

SSR Team

Serious sense of humor failure somewhere, i don't know where of course.. :rolleyes:

Guest krakatoa

Serious sense of humor failure somewhere, i don't know where of course.. :rolleyes:

You made your joke. In the abstract, I agree, it is funny.

My point is simply: this occurrence isn't an abstraction. It's not a skit on SNL, or a prank from the Jerky Boys.

This person claims to have hit something and he's not sure what it was. Imagine if you read this report on someone's Facebook page, without the a reference to "bigfoot". Would you be so blasé about the possibilities then?

Stranger tales on the internet than this have led to some pretty ugly realities.

You know what? Forget it. I just reported it myself.

So, Krak....How'd it go when you reported it?

Anything like Bobby's little skit? :lol:

Guest krakatoa

So, Krak....How'd it go when you reported it?

Anything like Bobby's little skit? :lol:

I sent them the post from BFRO, and let the account as told by the driver speak for itself.

No muss, no fuss.

BFF Patron

It probably left fifteen pounds alright (prob. off the side of the road somewhere) but I would hardly call it steak, lol. :blink:

Speaking of which.....if it was a squatch wonder if there was any smell or anything....don't recall that discussion.

Well Krakatoa- Did you ever here back from your report? Just curious if they actually went out there and looked for anything....I happened to have driven through the Jefferson National Forest at night this past week but I think I was on the other side of it from where this supposedly happened. If ever there was a place for a sasquatch it would be in those mountains, there is nothing for miles.