Science Friction

CelticKevin

For those of you with streaming services, like Prime, I would highly recommend a documentary called "Science Friction". It sure does a great job of showing what many of us already knew about how networks, big money, and people behind the scenes push an agenda on the shows we watch that deal with paranormal subjects. "Ancient Aliens", "Paranormal Witness", etc etc are featured. I was surprised "Finding Bigfoot" and other Squatch related shows weren't featured. But, Cliff and Bobo have discussed the producers wanting to manipulate things on their podcast enough. I tell you, even though I'm sure most here are hip to the games played, I was shocked how blatant it can get with no real recourse for those scientists and professionals who have their lengthy explanations cut to a 10 second sound bite. Great show to watch to hear from those involved what happens.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CelticKevin said:

I was shocked how blatant it can get with no real recourse for those scientists and professionals who have their lengthy explanations cut to a 10 second sound bite.

That follows the general procedure for 15 second scene lengths that was laid down  way back in the previous century,  Panorama shots ran longer. As a test, use a stop watch and time scenes. Scripted and choreographed for couch potatoes.

I don't have a TV or streaming services. I have not missed anything.

How long were the scene lengths in "Science Friction"? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

That follows the general procedure for 15 second scene lengths that was laid down  way back in the previous century,  Panorama shots ran longer. As a test, use a stop watch and time scenes. Scripted and choreographed for couch potatoes.

I don't have a TV or streaming services. I have not missed anything.

How long were the scene lengths in "Science Friction"? 

I guess the best way to describe it is to paraphrase a scene from a tv show i saw yearrrrrrs ago. Tabloid reporters were hounding a great mind about a story they were doing on UFO sightings.

Professor Bigbrainus: There is no proof that aliens visited here or that there were flying saucers over the White House! I am astonished you would even ask me such stupid questions!"

Tabloid: UFOS over the White House?! Bigbrainus says, "I am astonished!"

• Haha 1

Really can’t blame them, they’re not doing scientific research, they’re selling a product for a mass audience.  And no viewers means no product so they juice it up to appeal to them.

Having worked in television and film, it's all about entertainment and making money at the end of the day. If you can educate and inspire, so much the better, but that's not its end purpose. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1