Initial Dna Analysis Of Paracas Elongated Skull Released

Guest crabshack

Hello Cotter,

If you look a bit deeper you'll se that Zecharia Stichin has absolutely no credibility at all. His translation of Sumerian text is severely flawed regarding the Annunaki.......Sorry way off topic but this particular rabbit hole is a farce. Believe me I've been in it! Tellinger's 2005 book is based on Stichin's hair-brained hypothesis. 'Nuff said.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 2

Guest Urkelbot

Granted, I assume that a 25% larger brain pan equates to higher cognitive function (which might not necessarily be true) but it is obvious these beings were held up in fairly high regard, as evidenced by the funerary practices that ushered them out of this world. I would expect their cognitive abilities had a little something to do with that reverence.  

Beats me if we'll ever see a published paper guys, or not. Would be nice, but  the half-a-loaf-better-than-none outcome at present is fairly compelling (sort of like Sykes' prehistoric bear announcement getting lost in all the skirmishing over the Sasquatch/not Sasquatch debate). That is the fact that these skulls lacked normal cranial sutures, were 25% larger than modern humans, and weren't obviously the result of deliberate cranial malformation.  You don't need a peer-reviewed paper to consider the implications of that, and it is fairly easy to objectively confirm.

The 25% increase in cranial volume is meaningless.  There is a great deal of variance in human cranial capacity 950cc-1800cc according to sources below.  The mean Japanese male cranial capacity is over 25% greater than mean australian aborigine males, according to the studies below.

This isn't even taking into consideration that self proclaimed "expert" brien forester hasn't released his methods and data on these skulls.  That I know of anyway I couldn't find anything with actual data.

As to the funeral practices I'm guessing it had to do with hereditary nobility same reason to deform your childs skull in the first place.  Look different and special compared to the peasantry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1261675/?page=2

http://www.um.u-tokyo.ac.jp/publish_db/Bulletin/no19/no19003.html

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/ViktoriyaShchupak.shtml

No there aren't.  I don't know what garbage pile you pulled this from.

Oopsie....You are correct, I had some different accounts wrapped up into one.

The 200,000 year old city (allegedly) is in Africa, and not underwater....

You never run with anything until documentation is in.  Way science works.

It is highly odd for anyone aligning himself with a result like this in which one has high confidence to go anonymous.

Believe it when you see the paper.

(Now if you've seen a sasquatch and are waiting for the paper, well, not sure what to say to you.)

Bottom line is there are some odd skulls to be tested provided it is legally done.  It certainly could put the alien theories to rest about them. Wouldn't  science want that as opposed to attacking scientists who simply report what they found. The announcement did seem conditional on whether the results hold. I expect they will be mostly if not completely modern human, but possibly a unique population and seperate haplogoup. The wording of the release leaves room for deception and room for criticism. 

As to ancient alien theroies, the most convincing part of all that for me is the ability to carve granite in the same way we would carve wood or soft metals. It is impressive for a culture with copper chisels and stone hammers.

Urkelbot....I think it would be premature for me to say definitively if the purported additional 25% was meaningful, or not, granted. Ditto as to saying it is meaningless, I hope.  I do think it is intriguing to consider the implications of that, if it indeed is proven true. 

You have to consider though that these skulls are not (as far as we know) a sample/average/mean of a large population...they are relatively few in number and might well be anomalous to other, contemporary skulls. I think that fact makes them all the more curious. If I alone had an outlier skull capacity on comparison  to everyone else in my Andean village, that is one thing. It is quite another if my entire family and all my ancestors had that, and nobody locally who shared my genes did. It is one thing to compare cranial capacity from one continent to the other, but quite a different thing when the subjects are living side by side, don't you agree? 

As for the chicken-or-egg speculation on head deformities? I think you could make cogent arguments for both. I've always wondered though, who in the hell was the first person to decide that strapping a board to your child's head and applying a tourniquet was a good idea, and what in the world prompted that? Here at least is a glimmer of maybe why this was seen as something to go for.  Maybe this is the origin of  the phrase "pointy-headed intellectuals", huh?   

Space alien ancestory? No thanks, just yet. This is weird enough as it is.

"who was the first person to decide that strapping a board to your child's head and applying a tourniquet was a good idea"

Probably the same guy that saw bleu cheese and thought 'hey, it's just a little bit of mold, I bet that tastes good!"

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Objectionable Material.

Guest Urkelbot

Oopsie....You are correct, I had some different accounts wrapped up into one.

The 200,000 year old city (allegedly) is in Africa, and not underwater....

Is this what you're referring to? 

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/oldest-man-made-structure-unearthed-1.408210#.UvutC2t5mK0

http://www.michaeltellinger.com/index.php

Another supposed expert with no real credentials selling his ancient alien ideas through tours and books.  Notice a common pattern behind all these ancient alien claims.

Notice the actual academics who does archeological research in the area and sites in question, opinion at the bottom of the article.  Here is her work on the area claimed to be evidence of a 200,000 year old civilization.

http://www.academia.edu/978698/The_Archaeology_of_Mpumalanga

^This is getting a bit off-topic.

But yes, that would be the example I'm thinking of.

Since that article, they've done add'l testing on erosion of said calendar as well.  I agree any of the dating stuff is highly questionable, but an opinion is just that.

Digging into this particular ancient civilization, you also have to consider the bell stones and apparent SA gov't blasting and closing of ancient mines that had been discovered.

This example is but 1 of scores of examples of accounts of ancient cities, and I haven't even mentioned the OOPARTS found around the world that still don't have an explanation.

I don't know about ancient aliens, but I do know there have been ancient bi-pedal hominids that evolved millions of years before humans.

Guest Urkelbot

Urkelbot....I think it would be premature for me to say definitively if the purported additional 25% was meaningful, or not, granted. Ditto as to saying it is meaningless, I hope.  I do think it is intriguing to consider the implications of that, if it indeed is proven true. 

You have to consider though that these skulls are not (as far as we know) a sample/average/mean of a large population...they are relatively few in number and might well be anomalous to other, contemporary skulls. I think that fact makes them all the more curious. If I alone had an outlier skull capacity on comparison  to everyone else in my Andean village, that is one thing. It is quite another if my entire family and all my ancestors had that, and nobody locally who shared my genes did. It is one thing to compare cranial capacity from one continent to the other, but quite a different thing when the subjects are living side by side, don't you agree? 

As for the chicken-or-egg speculation on head deformities? I think you could make cogent arguments for both. I've always wondered though, who in the hell was the first person to decide that strapping a board to your child's head and applying a tourniquet was a good idea, and what in the world prompted that? Here at least is a glimmer of maybe why this was seen as something to go for.  Maybe this is the origin of  the phrase "pointy-headed intellectuals", huh?   

Space alien ancestory? No thanks, just yet. This is weird enough as it is.

The claims "up to 25%". No data on sample size is given, basic statistical data from sample population, or what is being used as a baseline from which you get a 25% increase.

If you research cranial capacity 25% isn't a significant difference. 

Cranial deformation has been going on for a long time in cultures all over the world, maybe even Neanderthals.  Humans like body modifications tattoos, piercings, circumcision, plastic surgery, foot binding, neck elongation, etc. 

No there aren't.  

Use Google-earth and start with the following coordinates:

Carolina -- 25 55' 53.28" S / 30 16' 13.13" E

Badplaas -- 25 47' 33.45" S / 30 40' 38.76" E

Waterval -- 25 38' 07.82" S / 30 21' 18.79" E

Machadodorp -- 25 39' 22.42" S / 30 17' 03.25" E

Then perform a low flying search.