Looking For Your Opinion

Daniel Perez

As many of you know, I am the editor and publisher of the Bigfoot Times newsletter and I am coming up blank for a person to be our 'BIGFOOTER OF THE YEAR.' So, if you might have any ideas just drop me a note.

Thank you,

Daniel Perez

perez952@sbcglobal.net

This year it seems that there has been very little activity- no new YT videos to debate, nothing coming out of NAWAC, Finding BF, etc. Tough call!

SSR Team

I think not having one, and making a point of there not being one would make a legitimate statement about the state of current research personally and would give you much more credibility than just giving it to someone who, if we're brutally honest, hasn't really done anything at all yet is given 5 mins of "fame"..

• Upvote 3

Les Stroud.  He's an outsider in the BF world but he did provide some his media resources and name which added some legitimacy to the subject...(in spite of Todd).  Giving him the title of BoftheY may encourage him to do more which could only make the subject more credible to the masses...and perhaps encourage Les to pursue the subject further.

Nice going Daniel!

t.

Edited by Terry

Yeah- Bill Munns would be a good one.

Agree with both indiefoot and salubrious. I can think of nobody more deserving of this title than Bill Munns.

Sort of seems like a *no-brainer* for me given his book, expertise, and years of dedication to the subject.

I agree with Bill Munns being the perfect candidate for this year! Bill is an amazing man, and he works hard to provide evidence of this species, and has spent countless hours giving credence to the PGF for being real, actually going frame by frame of the film.

No one to my knowledge has worked harder, nor provided more evidence, than Bill Munns. 

Sweaty Yeti would be my next person to add to the list.

Guest JiggyPotamus

The bigfoot world definitely has been dry for months now. I like the idea of Les Stroud, but he has an international platform and the show was more about ratings than an interest in promoting bigfoot. And the way they went about that show was horrible as well in my opinion. He is a nice guy however, but not really a member of the bigfoot community. I think I can go along with the other members and support Bill Munns' nomination. He definitely is an asset to the community, although I have not been keeping up on whether he has done anything new recently. If he has not done anything for this particular year then that should be considered, unless the term "of the year" does not actually relate to what a person has done in this particular year. I also can see myself agreeing with BobbyO...If there is no one that has done anything recently, and you actually have to dig someone up so that there can be someone to win the award, then you should just not give it to anyone. Or give it to someone like Bobo's dog, who tirelessly pursues sasquatch without complaining, and without getting embroiled in the personality wars that often arise among prominent members of the community. So I would be pleased with any of those three.

SSR Team

Bill Munns is a good shout but would only, imo, reinforce what i'm saying.

I love Bill and admire and fully respect what he's done/doing, but ultimately that's providing a "better" case for something that happened nearly 50 years ago and even then for the masses, hasn't cut the mustard.

I'm talking in general anyway, it sure has the cut the mustard for the few that have took the time out to really look into Bills work, but even then it's not everyone.

This year Bill published a credible book on the centerpiece of sasquatch evidence. If he has't received the award in the past he should get it now. I believe he has given technical legs to the PG film.