Should The Members Of The Bigfooting Community Investigate Suspected Hoaxes?

Bonehead74

Should Suspected Hoaxes Be Investigated?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Divergent1

Hey Salmon, aren't you worried the chopper will notify the bigfoot that humans are in the area? Just where were you going to land the chopper in the woods?

BFF Patron

If the bigfoot community does not vet reports who will? We don't know a lot about BF but we know more than anyone else. Skeptics claim we are all in bed together but most of the biggest hoaxers have been declared that by the BF community themselves. Skeptics of course claim anything promoting BF to be fiction, hallucination, mass hysteria, misidentification, hoax and fabrication so they are hardly objective in any sort of judgment. There is a danger in that any community develops what is considered a norm, or something acceptable to the majority. We see that in the rejection of anything remotely paranormal by many. Guess what, BF is paranormal by definition no matter what its capabilities really are. I am guessing that BFRO considers me unreliable or certainly not reliable enough to investigate my reports. I have even seen proponents here declare that anyone with more than one encounter is making them up. I was not aware that there was a quota but some must think so. So all of those things are evidence of the community establishing norms and judging against those norms. That promotes herd think, stifles creative thinking, and in a way is doing what main stream science has done to the subject.

Don't forget narcolepsy, highway hypnosis, fugue state, dissociative personality disorder,   ad nauseum.  

^^^All of which...if you have no *proof* that it happened in *this specific case under discussion*...mean zero.

Here is the value of all those studies into the reliability of eyewitness testimony:  they remind us not to take it as *proof.*

They also do not apply to bigfoot sightings.

BFF Patron

Ok here we go! Some of you people that really honestly believe you are living around sasquatch, you need to call me so I can come shoot one. I will prove it once and for all. The only way is with a body and I will.make it happen. I will take no less than two other people with me for witnesses. We will have a chopper ready in case we are back in the bush a long ways. I'm not going to drag one of those things out and I will not leave the body. I will have at least two other gunmen with me in case things go south. I could only hope that a hoaxer doesn't get in the mix because I don't feel like going to prison. So if there is anyone out there that doesn'thave the guts to pull the trigger, message me and we can work this out. It's the least I could do for our bigfoot community!

Your statements are indicative of similar comments made elsewhere and they really bother me in that they indicate you really do not understand the difficulty of what you say you want to do. I hope you are not serious. Let me address your statement. What good are witnesses that are not biologists? Anyone else can make all the statements they want and no one would believe them or their ability to tell what they are seeing. Biologists could at least give some credibility to your assertion that you have shot a BF. Otherwise you might not even be able to get anyone to come and look. We have had several reports of BF being shot but other than fake ones in freezers, no one has produced the bodies. Why would anyone believe you? A couple of armed people with you is a good idea but now with the two biologists, and the two armed defenders you have quite a crowd, one that BF can easily avoid, even if someone tells you where to look.

You say you will have a chopper ready to carry out the body if it is way in. Have you any idea how large a chopper would be required that could carry an 800 to 900 lb bigfoot? Not something that you could likely afford or that is common in most areas. Beyond the weigh carrying capability, an adult BF would not fit inside most helicopters commonly available. So it would have to be one with both the carrying capacity weight wise with enough room inside or with a sling attachment to carry a large load externally. We are talking thousands now for some sort of charter of that kind of equipment. Want it available when you need it? You need to pay for that privilege or it could be off on another job. Got that kind of money? So if you cannot afford a charter, how will you get something out miles back in the woods? With more logging roads closed than open in most areas, some sort of vehicle is not going to help.

What I am really worried about is someone like you, that has apparently not thought things out in detail, shooting one. You will most likely never be able to get it out of the woods to give to qualified people to examine and result in a wasted specimen. When that happens you will just be another Smeja claiming to have shot a BF.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Here we go ahain. Now you are making excuses for someone that wants to shoot one. Number one, I said to get with someone that knows they exist and are living around them. That means there is a rd nearby. Number teo, you have no idea how much money I have or don't have. Number three, I know a couple of guys with choppers so I do know how much it would cost and what size chopper I would need. Number four, I don't need any biologist with me they would just cause more grief. I would shoot one, have two guys have my back, won't leave the body for not even a second. I already know the two men that would be with me. I don't want to waste my time. I need to know for sure if there is one or more around an area. I don't want to have to do much hunting. I want this thing to show up and bam, it's over. No one else seems to have the balls to do it. Let's prove it once and for all. Oh and number five, I was a professional taxidermist for many years so if I had to skin this thing out in the sticks, that would be no problem. You wouldn't have to worry about me being another smedja, I'm sure there would be plenty of people waiting out at the rd when we come out with this thing. Also. I would lower a harness down from a chopper, not try to land it.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Salmonmatt, you should consider joining the NAWAC. They're in an area where there is supposedly a large clan of these things and they are trying to make this happen. Obtaining a specimen is within the realm of possibility IMO and I think salmonmatt has the right attitude for making this happen. 

To be fair, this forum has a fairly high degree of tolerance towards Bigfoot encounters and sighting reports. It's very rare that a yellow flag is thrown at a report.

What causes people to question is when somebody makes a truly extraordinary claim or repeated claims of unusual activity, without any kind of substantiation or proof.

Aside from very bold claims, people here tend to be very open minded about what other members have seen or experienced. Much more than you would think.

For the most part, members are fairly well educated when it comes to sightings and what's normal and what's not. That's not to say unusual things can't happen. It's the extraordinary situations that draw the most attention and also require the most proof. If the community did not police these kinds of claims; could you imagine how crazy this place would get? We'd have daily reports of Bigfoot kidnapping and eating people's neighbors, coupled with habituation reports of people exchanging Christmas gifts with Bigfoot.

In short, we are all responsible for shoveling the BS as it piles up, as well as pulling the weeds, so to speak. Otherwise, this forum would require a front end loader and a 55 gallon drum of weed killer, just to find a simple report of a BF crossing the road.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Have at it Salmon and lets see how it all works out. So you don't want to spend a lot of time hunting one and expect the BF to just walk out of the woods and let you shot it then? Taxidermist? If you skin a BF you will destroy the evidence and just that act will put you in Dyers camp. What's the plan then? Stuff it then tour the country letting people see it for $20. Not going to get a scientist to walk across the street to look at a stuffed bigfoot. Without scientists you have no proof of anything. Sorry but things just work that way.

I wouldn't mount it or tan the hide for quite some time. I would only skin it out if I couldn't get it out in one piece. I would let any scientist examine it. I just wouldn't want a bunch of idiots with me when I go in after it. I believe that one of these things should be easy to shoot unless they are like some type of alien. I've never believed in any kind of alien but maybe these things could be. That could explain a lot of things.

It would not be a bad idea to look into them. One could learn some useful information about how the hoax was perpetrated,

and what was used to create the physical aspects of the hoax. The more one learns how the hoaxers are accomplishing

their dastardly deeds, the easier they will be to spot in the future. I have noticed a tendency in the BF to cry out - "That's a

Hoax" without doing any real investigation. The BF community has enough to deal with as it is and hoaxers are just throwing

a bigger monkey (no pun intended) wrench into the works. What has been learned about them can be categorized as miniscule

in the grander scheme of things, and the last thing we need are boneheads running around out there creating hoaxes. Learning

what the enemy does and how he does it makes the work he left behind easier to spot. So yeah, investigating the hoaxes would

not be a bad thing to do if one has the time. Unfortunately as with many endeavors undertaken by the researchers out there,

this sort of thing takes a lot of time and money far beyond some of our capabilities. If they are discovered it will be by some stroke

of miraculous luck, but just like the lottery, it will be a 1 in 175 million chance.

Here we go ahain. Now you are making excuses for someone that wants to shoot one. Number one, I said to get with someone that knows they exist and are living around them. That means there is a rd nearby. Number teo, you have no idea how much money I have or don't have. Number three, I know a couple of guys with choppers so I do know how much it would cost and what size chopper I would need. Number four, I don't need any biologist with me they would just cause more grief. I would shoot one, have two guys have my back, won't leave the body for not even a second. I already know the two men that would be with me. I don't want to waste my time. I need to know for sure if there is one or more around an area. I don't want to have to do much hunting. I want this thing to show up and bam, it's over. No one else seems to have the balls to do it. Let's prove it once and for all. Oh and number five, I was a professional taxidermist for many years so if I had to skin this thing out in the sticks, that would be no problem. You wouldn't have to worry about me being another smedja, I'm sure there would be plenty of people waiting out at the rd when we come out with this thing. Also. I would lower a harness down from a chopper, not try to land it.

Right, its a great plan. Surround em you will, use the force you will? We are dealing with absurdities in this post, the ''Great White Hunter'' is a common, comedic theme in the BF world. Call up Smeja and get a few pointers you will? Last time this happened it was the ''Great White Hunter'' going to shoot himself a Dogman. Had the whole thing planned out, even down to how he would stack it in his truck.  Actually, there are already some group of hunters who claim to have at least shot some BF, but did not get the ''kill shot''-that was on some podcast show, gonna git thems a BF.  But they didn't. But apparently they did outwit the stupid BF and were able to surround em and pop em a few times. Stupid BF, natural selection I guess.

So, you need Stupid BF, in a known area. Weed those suckers out!! At least know what your looking for.

Edited by Wag