Todd Standing Finally Exposed?

Guest Maxtag

I don't believe we will see anything more from Mr Standing , He has now been shunned (or is my understanding) by Les Stroud, Dr B and the infamous 

Dr Squatch (Meldrum) .

No kidding Maxtag. I'm not sure how or when Meldrum jumped the shark exactly but I sure view anything with which he is associated as suspect now.

So Wag, are you stating that you more support the idea that BF looks more human but with a fully hairy body?  That's kinda what I take from this post.  Those pics you post of the Hoopa project bigfoot looks eerily human with more hair and possibly fully hairy body that is bigger and buffer.  Not trying to pin you down, just trying to understand your view point.  

Yes,but its more complex, Paulides interviewees have stated it. Looks like someone saw ''The Patty'', but there are others as you can see on a google search. This is just one area in Northern California. I have heard several variations, and you know there is the type one, 2, 3, 4, etc. So maybe these are just different types. I do think they are authentic. But from past information, there are more than one ''type'' of BF. Patty is one type, these others are clearly another, more human type. But they live in the same area? And interbreed??????? Can't imagine they DONT interbreed if that was the case.

They do look, somewhat ''Native Americanish''.

The top pic is the ''Durrer'' dude I talked about, not sure if they are saying he is the ''crazy googley eyed old dude with green teeth.'' That was from an 8 year olds description, when he looked in a shack at them when they were sleeping, and the other drawing, not so good but clearly could be the same character.

Anyway, sort of confirms the DIFFERENT TYPE theory, if you go that they are telling the truth, etc. Paulides didn't goof around with this.

Edited by Wag

I don't believe we will see anything more from Mr Standing , He has now been shunned (or is my understanding) by Les Stroud, Dr B and the infamous 

Dr Squatch (Meldrum) .

No kidding Maxtag. I'm not sure how or when Meldrum jumped the shark exactly but I sure view anything with which he is associated as suspect now.

We've discussed this before, BF people are RARE, and he does not have a full-time vetting crew,so often he just goes with what is going on, because TV PRODUCERS LIE OR OBFISCATE what is really going on with the show etc....

I don't blame Meldrum, he was on that Canadian Cabin BF show, and it was good, thats what he does, he gets a paycheck, etc.

He even got a bit MIFFED at Les Stroud for faking the footprint, and gave him a TEST, which he PASSED, but you could see he got miffed at Stroud.

He is an acedemic, not of this world, so to speak. Maybe too trusting.

I find nothing whatsoever wrong with what Dr. Squatch does (except perhaps the Skookum Documentary, but that's just because i personally found it to be ridiculous).

He is the go to guy for all things squatch, he makes a small pay for his off time which is cool. I bet he is an outstanding teacher in his field, Gotta believe moreso that students LOVE his classes and programs. 

Bet lets be straight,

I do believe he has jumped the shark along with most all things BF He will at this point work with any show, program or outlet that is willing to pay or is the flavor of the week. That's a business decision, and his to make.  

You for sure could see he was pretty pissed about Les trying to dupe him.... That was a weird show. awkward, much like Todd Standing Documentary preview where he standing in Front of Dr Squatch saying "with my 10, NO 20 years of tracking experience"  and Dr Squatch just nods..... haha

Wag

I agree with you on all points and he does have the experience with tracks. There is no one who can be 100% Right on tracks who can be clear and say that this track is from these creatures. But he does have the edge on his study on the anatomy of bone structure and what these creatures seem to have which is > Mid-Tarsal Break<.

The thing that gets me about the cabin seen and Dr.Meldrum is that they were there to discover this creature. What grabbed my attention was the rock throwing, the creature was not showing aggression. All it did was throw some rocks on the roof of the cabin as though it wanted them to come out side.

Did they start the communication by knocking early on in the evening but there was no response? or was it that he creature started throwing the rock and they took refuge in the cabin? Either way there was no attempt to even try to search for sign of tracks or even gain a sighting of this creature throwing the rocks.

Oh well sorry for getting off topic, but I do not believe in trying or even trying to attempt in destroying some ones Reputation who has a broader knowledge then most of us. If I done wrong oh well. 

I find nothing whatsoever wrong with what Dr. Squatch does (except perhaps the Skookum Documentary, but that's just because i personally found it to be ridiculous).

He is the go to guy for all things squatch, he makes a small pay for his off time which is cool. I bet he is an outstanding teacher in his field, Gotta believe moreso that students LOVE his classes and programs. 

Bet lets be straight,

I do believe he has jumped the shark along with most all things BF He will at this point work with any show, program or outlet that is willing to pay or is the flavor of the week. That's a business decision, and his to make.  

You for sure could see he was pretty pissed about Les trying to dupe him.... That was a weird show. awkward, much like Todd Standing Documentary preview where he standing in Front of Dr Squatch saying "with my 10, NO 20 years of tracking experience"  and Dr Squatch just nods..... haha

For me, he's sold his academic integrity to repeated dubious projects (falcon project was the worst IMO) for what probably amounts to not that much money. And once that's gone, it's really gone.

Dr Squatch (Meldrum) .

We've discussed this before, BF people are RARE, and he does not have a full-time vetting crew,so often he just goes with what is going on, because TV PRODUCERS LIE OR OBFISCATE what is really going on with the show etc....

I don't blame Meldrum, he was on that Canadian Cabin BF show, and it was good, thats what he does, he gets a paycheck, etc.

He even got a bit MIFFED at Les Stroud for faking the footprint, and gave him a TEST, which he PASSED, but you could see he got miffed at Stroud.

He is an acedemic, not of this world, so to speak. Maybe too trusting.

Wag,

If I was going to attach my name and reputation to a project AND I'd been burned before, which he has, I'd be a bit more circumspect and I'd definitely do my own due diligence first. It is the age of the interwebs after all, I'd imdb the producers and production company to see what sort of things they'd done. I'd talk to people who'd worked with them previously. But I take my own professional reputation fairly seriously maybe Meldrum isn't that concerned about it, maybe he figures he'll always be the go to guy for this stuff and he is fine with that??

I suspect Dr. Meldrum is very interested in publicity and travel on other folk's dime due to his status.  You watch any documentary and there he is.  He appears to be easily fooled but I suppose everyone is.

t.

• Upvote 2

Dr Squatch summed it up perfectly after the bigfoot captured show.

"Take what ya like and have a good laugh at the rest"

Dr Squatch is nobody's fool.

Except he produced "skookum" that was friggen foolish. Haha

"What grabbed my attention was the rock throwing, the creature was not showing aggression. All it did was throw some rocks on the roof of the cabin as though it wanted them to come out side."

Wow! The other perspective would be that the thing is angry at the humans for the nail mat and was throwing rocks on the roof and side of cabin because it was pissed off at them. The rocks were comming from a long distance away also, like 3-400 yards or?

As for MELDRUM worried about his reputation, LOL, he is  BIGFOOT RESEARCHER!! LOL! He is already in the TANK bigtime. There is no such thing as ''bad'' publicity, maybe he understands this. Remember, serious squatchers have issues with eachother ALL THE TIME. There is no standard, I am proof positive of this. I am ANTI RELEASE INFO (Pro-BF). So I am in league with most of the ''habbers''. And few else. Etc. Also, my works of wisdom fall on deaf ears much of the time, but that is just human nature.

Someone producing a TV show comes to you for your opinion, your gonna give your OPINIONS  etc, it really doesn't matter if the others in the show are clowns. You get your shot in.

Edited by Wag

BFF Patron

I think Dr M has 4 or 5 kids to put through college. If he can make a few bucks out of BF, good for him. Like you say there is no bad publicity unless you get caught hoaxing. I would not have wanted to be in Standings skin at the 2014 Sasquatch Summit. There were people there ready to take him on in a very public format. Just look at the hostility here towards him. Remember the guy that seemed to be his advocate that was a forum member. I have always wondered if that was him.

Wow! The other perspective would be that the thing is angry at the humans for the nail mat and was throwing rocks on the roof and side of cabin because it was pissed off at them. The rocks were comming from a long distance away also, like 3-400 yards or?

300-400 yard throw? How can one tell in the dark of what the distance could be of a throw. 300-400 yards is a long way of a throw and to be in the bush where the subject has to see what it is throwing at. Well that just adds to it ability. I would say that this creature was well within eye site of the cabin and had every chance to commit a violent encounter wen ever it wanted too.

The camera guy was out side of the cabin and was never once hit by a rock, when the creature had the means to hit him/her. I believe that they did some knocks and later the rocks came flying after they went into the cabin. Was this a tactic used to flush it's proponents out of the cabin? Maybe, but of all the times I have heard from people of having rocks thrown at them they have never been hit. 

When I sat in my ground blind they threw some thing at my blind. But now that I have had time to reflect on it. What they threw was not meant to hurt me but to flush me out of my blind since they could not see in side the blind. It was not until I popped out of my ground blind that I heard the knocks and the feeling that I needed to leave came over me. So they do use tactics that work for them when they need to gain information yet they stay hidden.

They are hunters and have perfected the art of hunting. They have a brain and they know how to use it for the purpose of hunting game when need be. Their stealth is used when they are unsure about a subject and they need to gain information about them. Just like what our recon do to our enemies they act the same way. When they are sure about the subject is not a threat then they may reveal them selves to that subject. 

• Upvote 1

Remember the guy that seemed to be his advocate that was a forum member. I have always wondered if that was him.

Yea, that was stupid.  I was never his advocate.  I just pointed out the lack of definitive evidence that he had hoaxed.  For all I know it could have been hoaxed.  The problem was actually proving it.

Well, this is the video. Nothing about friendly interactions, all about negative interactions. There were several break-ins before all this started. Totally territorial. That is not to say they don't ''toss'' rocks in a ''friendly fashion''. (See Baily Co BF encounter) or what have you, but this was territorial, with an angry squatch. This thing was out of sight, 300 yards + no doubt. They can toss very large rocks very far, and very accurate, from what I have heard.

Ugh, they have thier stupid human hats on in this one. I'd be tossing rocks at them also.

Edited by Wag