Reasons To Be Doubtful

Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Crowlogic

The wood knocks sound nearby and lack the resonance of a large heavy wooden object hitting say a tree which would be the likely thing for such a wild thing to hit against.  They sounded as if the shape was was more flat and paddle shaped as opposed to club like.  The vocalizations sound as if coming from a source without a huge body mass..

Am I the only one here that finds it acutely interesting that a behavior trait of a creature that has not been proven to exist now has branching theories as to alternative method? A method, that at least for me, seems to want to account for why even more common forest noises can be attributed to bigfoot? I'm not trying to be deliberately combative. I honestly find things like this to be fascinating. 

An alleged bigfoot wood knock sounds too flat? No problem. Bigfoot now use their hands to create flat sounding wood knocks. Of course, why wouldn't they? Urban legends and myths morph to resist the intrusion of reality. Awesome, I love stuff like this. 

I think, in science, this is called special pleading.

I do believe that there is some sort of relationship between skeptical commentary and bigfoot morphing traits.  For example, a proponent says bigfoot did X, and then a skeptic explains X as a common phenomenon and then goes on to explain that phenomenon. Shortly thereafter, bigfoot lore has been adjusted to account for X. In an absurd way, skeptics are helping to sharpen and hone the bigfoot myth. Fascinating. (that was supposed to be my Spock voice)

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

^^^D maker you voiced what I've been sensing all along. It's one of the reasons I made the No More Giants thread since the bigfoot has been morphing smaller and smaller as it to accommodate a more realistic scale and to help it's remaining essentially invisible.  It's the myth, the myth must be upheld and maintained.  Sounds like a scenario for a BBC SciFi broadcast.

I think, in science, this is called special pleading.

Nope, special pleading is when you insist that well known principles don't apply to your subject, like claiming it should have a very narrow range of heights.

Right, like claiming that well known sources of knocking noises in the woods don't apply, only the narrow application of bigfoot applies.  Because only bigfoot makes THIS particular noise. Despite any objective confirmation.

Just like any noise in the woods can be bigfoot, because bigfoot can make any noise in the woods. To the point that some people plead that bigfoot is a master mimic. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

As a fence sitter I've always had a problem with hardcore proponents that come up with excuses or reasons to account for Bigfoots elusiveness. Such as BF willingness to approach homes, dumpsters, camps, roads with cars, and such biut deathly afraid of trail cams. There are always excuses as to why BF always eludes exposure. The only reason I can reason that this thing is dang tootin impossible to find is because the population is rather small and limited to the PNW area or possibly extinct since the PGF. Do I believe it exists in darn near every state in the U.S., nope.

• Upvote 1

Sorry I cannot confirm nor deny what he saw, on my way to a jr scientist badge I have not made it to "I" for Iowa in the BFRO reports. But rest assured when I do I can accurately define what he saw as letters A thru C of the BFRO reports do constitute over 100000 reports thus earning me the jr scientist badge. You can thank the widespread population of Bigfoot for my massive amount of sighting reports in such few states.

Branco, I do not ask for specifics and am asking in earnest, what general area do you reside in and what 12 state area have you experienced these encounters in?