Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I dunno, Bart....C/C- is pretty harsh. It's pretty compelling when the totality of the whole event is calculated. It's too bad that not everybody will experience the rush of having an encounter in their lifetime.

SSR Team

I'd give the footage, if you don't mind me saying and being honest, a C+ with just the footage itself and a B- with the context and back story.

PS : PacNW, i stumbled upon one before Brother and i'll bet you a big Steak that i'll stumble upon one again when i'm out in WA permanently and we hit the mountains at the w/e. ;)

You win and the bet is off when we both reach 60 and haven't done so.. :D

. Then they all were backing MM on the Matilda that when Matt said Well the Wookie was modeled after Matilda. So somehow the fx team for Star Wars saw a Picture Of Matilda.

Did MM really say the Star Wars Wookie was modeled after Matilda? That would mean someone from the Star Wars production would have had to seen the Matilda footage way back before 1977 when Star Wars was first released.

Crap like that is why I put no stock in anything MM says.

Guest njjohn

He didn't say the wookie was modeled after Matilta, but that they were probably influenced by Bigfoot. According to Lucas though, they were modeled after his dog (which looks nothing like a wookie or bigfoot). The early concept art was based on art from science fiction books from the 30's.

SSR Team

Also based on Orangs apparently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wookiee#Inspiration

"Monsters and Mysteries in America" TV show. Monsters and Mysteries in America airs Sundays at 10pm ET/PT beginning March 24 on Destination America. Please check your local listings for the airing of this show. Here's the description:

Sasquatch: Sierra Mountains, California/Olympic Mountains, Washington.
Within the region’s dark, tightly packed interior, wildlife is so abundant that it’s become the rumored home of an elusive wild creature known as Sasquatch. Many adventurers are drawn to these mountains in hopes of encountering the famed hairy giant, but some confront the monster purely by chance, like Justin Smeja, who claims to have encountered a family of Sasquatch during a routine hunting trip.

I read this in that link:

"Wookiees were also based on orangutans and lemurs"

Really?

OK.

If anyone can prove that lemurs were a key inspiration behind Wookiees, c'mere, Melba! All is forgiven.

From what I read on BE, the a portion of the boots and more samples are being given to Sykes.

Good move on Justin's part...