Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

259 posts in this topic

This thread is out in the weeds.   Much of this has been discussed in other threads.   Before I bow out,   Meldrum is at a distinct disadvantage.    He does not investigate every print as it was laid down,  unless he happened to be present in the field when a print is found.     I suspect only a very few meet that criteria.     Researchers for the most part are sloppy.   Meldrum would want you to completely circle the print or trackway and carefully photograph every print from some distance away.     So the circumstances of its deposition can be examined  after the cast is taken,    Of course human footprints near the possible prints are a red flag.     Then measurements are needed, particularly for a trackway.      Neither are often done.    Each print labeled as it sits and photographed.  .    Then when everything possible is done to document the print(s) or track way,      start casting.   For a track way that takes hours and several people.  Some prints are destroyed even with careful casting.   It is more art than science.   Then what do you have?     Some caster casts that not even Meldrum can pass off as an undiscovered specie?     Some probably are not.   It is difficult to pass off a hoaxed print to Meldrum,  but not impossible,    if someone wants to spend the time and effort to do it.    But if the proper protocol is used to begin with, it requires a massive effort on the part of a hoaxer not to leave any trace of the hoaxing process.     And someone with extreme talent that knows anatomy,  and prosthetics.          The same sort that could produce a costume in 1967 not reproducible yet?   .  

19 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

This thread is out in the weeds.   Much of this has been discussed in other threads.   Before I bow out,   Meldrum is at a distinct disadvantage.    He does not investigate every print as it was laid down,  unless he happened to be present in the field when a print is found.     I suspect only a very few meet that criteria.     Researchers for the most part are sloppy.   Meldrum would want you to completely circle the print or trackway and carefully photograph every print from some distance away.  

Yet I am called an imbecile for even suggesting non Bigfoot explanations for a single photo of an alleged Bigfoot track?

7 hours ago, dmaker said:

Yet I am called an imbecile for even suggesting non Bigfoot explanations for a single photo of an alleged Bigfoot track?

I think people on this forum might consider you an imbecile, because in reality you would never ever even consider any undiscovered primate explanation to any photo, movie, track, sound, etc. Even if the evidence is unfamiliar to you, which I think most of it is. As your not the skeptic that is going out with researchers and evaluating evidence personally....correct me if I am wrong?

I see it both ways as this community has not offered up any physical evidence that such a creature exists in North America. So I would never call you an imbecile, but maybe closed minded. ;) Fossil records else where confirm such creatures like Bigfoot existing in our past. And I still hold out hope of this 100,000 plus year old Mastodon dig in California. But it may only prove modern humans where out of Africa much earlier than thought. As opposed to a hairy cousin being responsible.

I chose to keep an open mind, because of personal experiences and my faith in the ingenuity of primates. Besides it’s fun to consider.... :)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerutti_Mastodon_site

Nevermind.

Edited by Incorrigible1