Matt Moneymaker, I Feel He Is Hurting The Bigfoot Field

8 hours ago, Bluegrassfoot said:

To be honest, I kind of miss it.  My kids loved it, and got excited when a new season would come along.  It was something comfortingly mindless and formulaic we could watch together.  It really had a camp aesthetic in my opinion.

It was like watching “Scooby Doo” on Saturday mornings as a child.  You knew the formula:  the gang would drive together in the Mystery Machine to a new locale, learn of a ghost or monster from the locals, then devise a plan to catch the beast.  Bobo with his dog Monkey, made the perfect Shaggy and Scooby.  And Renae was a spot-on Velma.  Between Matt and Cliff, it’s arguable who fit the Fred mold best, as they both took the role of devising a plan to catch the mysterious monster.  They only lacked the hot eye candy of a Daphne.   They could of used a Daphne!

In the UK "Scooby Doo " is slang for "haven't a clue"

During the shooting of Episode1, Season 6, a couple of years ago, I spent an evening having dinner and drinks with Cliff and Matt at the appropriately named Sasquatch Inn, near Harrison Bay, B.C. At that time, they made it clear that the show was strictly entertainment, made to fit the desires of the producer, and they went along with it, within limits, to suit those desires. The upside for Cliff and Matt was that it paid them enough to pursue their own "real" research, outside of the show itself, using all of the great leads they got through the townhall meetings.

Nice guys to spend an evening with. 

• Upvote 1

I refuse to watch that show. Variation of a theme with no resolution. If there was a resolution, there'd be no show. It makes fun of the idea of Big Foot, as far as I'm concerned. They talk to people who have seen them, then nothing.

On 3/5/2018 at 5:55 PM, BC witness said:

During the shooting of Episode1, Season 6, a couple of years ago, I spent an evening having dinner and drinks with Cliff and Matt at the appropriately named Sasquatch Inn, near Harrison Bay, B.C. At that time, they made it clear that the show was strictly entertainment, made to fit the desires of the producer, and they went along with it, within limits, to suit those desires. The upside for Cliff and Matt was that it paid them enough to pursue their own "real" research, outside of the show itself, using all of the great leads they got through the townhall meetings.

Nice guys to spend an evening with. 

Matt doesn't do real research, and the show only fueled his lack of a job.

You sound like Matt father and he’s still living in your basement lol.  Surprised you didn’t complain about him needing a haircut!  :lol:

16 hours ago, Twist said:

You sound like Matt father and he’s still living in your basement lol.  Surprised you didn’t complain about him needing a haircut!  :lol:

Twist, that was amusing.

"How about mowing the lawn once in while!" 

Edited by OkieFoot

22 hours ago, Twist said:

You did it for me. LOL!

Can someone tell me what a Bluff is in the States? I hear it on this program a lot and it doesn't mean the same thing in England. 

1 hour ago, Somerset said:

Can someone tell me what a Bluff is in the States? I hear it on this program a lot and it doesn't mean the same thing in England. 

The meaning depends on the region.

1. (Physical Geography) a steep promontory, bank, or cliff, esp one formed by river erosion on the outside bend of a meander
2. Canadian a clump of trees on the prairie; copse

Meaning  #2 seems to be found more in the prairie provinces apparently.

Where I live, in British Columbia, I don't remember hearing the word, so I am not sure what the regional meaning is.

I think in Ontario, where I grew up, it was meaning #1 that was common, as in "The Scarborough Bluffs" near Toronto.

1 hour ago, Somerset said:

Couple meanings.

Often a steep, nearly if not completely, vertical drop.   We might call your Cliffs of Dover a bluff .. a really big one.   

There's also "bluffing", a sort of ruse by which you pretend to have a stronger position than you really do in hopes that others will assume you've beaten them and give in before the actual confrontation happens.  This would be like holding a pair of 2s in poker hoping you can get the guy with 3 aces to fold when in truth, he'll beat you.

MIB

Edited by MIB

BFF Patron

Then there is the "bluff" charge of a black or grizzly bear.  

Lots of huff, but screechies on the brakes 10 ft. from you and turns tail and hopefully doesn't full on charge again without bluffing.

(BF have been known to use the same tactic)

Testing your mettle!

Mettle as in staying quality or stamina!  Not talking those who need the little blue pill  here but those who may need CPR after an adrenaline rush having their mettle tested by a bear,

OR BF!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

There are reports of BF bluff charges exactly like a bear does.     In my experience they also will do the chest beating thing or chuffing thing just out of sight unlike what gorillas do in plain sight.    That happened to me twice when I peed with them watching pretty near me.       You could give it a try if you think they might be watching you.   Unless you have riled an escaped gorilla there is no doubt what is making the noise.   In one case I had no idea a BF was nearby and it sure let me know.     The second case I had heard some movement but did not see anything so went on my way.       When I came back down the same trail,, I peed in plain sight, pretty near where I heard the noise earlier.   Figured it was a deer or something.   That was certainly disrespectful of me.   I certainly would not have done that if another human was around.    Not sure what the BF sex was.     Could be male behavior if it was a territorial marking thing.    We just don't know this stuff.  As I mentioned when I related this to Dr Bindernagel,   he was very interested and a guy standing near us,  said the same thing had happened to him.    

• masterbarber unpinned this topic