Why Is Bf So Hard To Find And Document?

georgerm

You would have to know the difference between a giant squid and bigfoot. A giant squid live below 1000 ft sea level, bigfoot supposedly eats out of our dumpsters...enormous difference.

No, same difference. BF generally live long distances back in the wild part of the woods where people don't generally go, just as the squid live deep in the ocean, or the cloud leopards high in the remote mountains.

So there's a recognized biped other than human? Nice.

The proponents have done their job and brought the evidence to the table. It's not our fault Science (conveniently for them) refuses to address it.

No, same difference. BF generally live long distances back in the wild part of the woods where people don't generally go, just as the squid live deep in the ocean, or the cloud leopards high in the remote mountains.

BFs live where I go. I have a habituation, but I'm not telling you where they are.

The proponents have done their job and brought the evidence to the table. It's not our fault Science (conveniently for them) refuses to address it.

Come on Mulder I thought you were better than this. Evidence? Please show me.

Ar you kidding me? It's not in our nature? Well I do differnet stuff all the time. There is just nothing to support this.

Nope! It's not in our nature. The frequency of people who stray off of the beaten path is very low. I'm not saying literally nobody does any of these things, it's just more of an exception, than a rule. My area could be different than yours though. I'm not talking about hills with rolling meadows, and the lone oak tree. I'm talking more 1000-2000' gains with no trails, with underbrush, and wind-fall the whole way up. Since there is no practical purpose to doing it, people generally tend to take the path of least resistance. It's in our nature. Pretty simple! But since you do 'different stuff' all the time, I'll hook ya up with the Jr. Trailblazer badge! We give 'em out to the kids in our W.L Dept. You'll dig it!

But how a bout any evidence that there is A BF creature.

Yeah...There's plenty of evidence! Aren't footprints evidence? Police investigators use footprints as evidence all the time! I used footprints one time to follow a herd of elk. I followed the footprints based on the fact that an animal had to make them for them to be there, and I eventually ran into the herd. It's weird how helpful circumstantial evidence is for some people.

If you think that people hike 5-6 miles into rugged terrain to drop a couple of footprints into some soil that will probably never be seen by anyone, then you, my man, would be a man of greater conviction than I!

Not to mention the thousands and thousands of people who have seen them. I guess one day, when you're not sitting in your chair engaging in your hobby of being a keyboard cowboy, you'll get into the woods, and maybe see one, and realize the errors in your ways. Maybe not. Maybe it's just in your nature to be a naysayer! ;) It's your prerogative, brutha!

Edited by Squatchdetective

You would have to know the difference between a giant squid and bigfoot. A giant squid live below 1000 ft sea level,

The snow leopard was a better correlation. A BBC cameraman was hired and spent 7 weeks in one spot trying to film a snow leopard...and that was on an open scree slope with no trees.

bigfoot supposedly eats out of our dumpsters...enormous difference.

Not everyone buys that.

Try not bringing up extremes.

Come on Mulder I thought you were better than this. Evidence? Please show me.

Gee, I don't know where to start...ok, actually I do.

Dr Meldrum wrote an entire BOOK about the evidence. Multiple sites have pages and pages of threads about that evidence on line...

But you already knew that, didn't you...

another dupe

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY

The snow leopard was a better correlation. A BBC cameraman was hired and spent 7 weeks in one spot trying to film a snow leopard...and that was on an open scree slope with no trees.

Not everyone buys that.

And did he film the leopard?

SSR Team

BobbyO: Complete control in their own environment? Apparently one only needs to pack a camera to shred that notion to bits.

RayG

We can go back & forth with this & that Ray but if you don't think/believe/understand that they are in completel control in their own environment, then that says more about you than it does anything else..

That is providing of course that you know that they exist, which i'm not sure if you do.. :)

Wolverines are seen less then Sasquatch..I remember an N G special where a women had studied them for 2 dozen years without a direct sighting,,

We have many great outdoors explorers, yet BF seems to illude the best of the best. What is the big problem with finding this animal, getting good video, and even capture? The animal must have helpless babies and a nest that is vunerable to human detection. We climb cliffs, trudge up steep mountains, and crawl through rocky caves, yet noone stumbles on a BF den with helpless young and some toddlers. Why? We humans are CAN DO types, yet this animal seems to out smart us year after year. How could this animal be so rare and maintain a population? Are we chasing shaddows or is it out there?

I have 3 answers with my favorite being #3

1) It's not real.

2) It's supernatural

3) It's extremely smart and good about being stealthy, smarter than us in that respect.

They are called "Boss of the Woods" for a good reason. It's their home, they know it like you know your living room. They know that you are there long before you would realize it. You are essentially trespassing as far as they are concerned. You stepped on a branch and they heard you from a quarter mile away. You smell different even if you use the "magic spray" from the Bass Pro shops. They understand body language way better than you and I. Imitation is part of their survival. I've heard a barred owl that might have weighed 400-600 pounds with that set of lungs. I've heard a breather (asthmatic)for years at my old place along with my family. No one volunteered to go over the fence across the road. We jokingly decided it was an elephant LOL.

So only if a hairy person makes a mistake, has kids around who may be inexperienced, would you get a good chance to see one. My friends tend to agree with me and I agree with them. We know that they occasionally will take a peek, little kids will take a risk to pilfer a toy, older kids will jump through the trees, and so on.

This is a being that thinks, plans, and has feelings. It is NOT an ape.

It's weird how naysayers never make the list of people who go into the woods, and put in their due diligence, yet they always seem to come up with their .02 to throw in the well anyways! ;)

While some people commenting on bigfoot forums may have never stepped foot in the woods, I'm not one of them. Throughout my military career I've had military bush survival training, was taught to traverse unknown forests at night with a map and compass, have personal experience in night-time offensive and defensive maneuvers with regards to attacking and defending a field headquarters unit, have personal experience at deploying camo-netting for a communications vehicle in forested locations, have eaten from a mess tent or out of a cardboard box more times than I care to remember, and I was trained to kill humans. Never had to mind you, but I assure you, I'm very very good at hitting what I'm aiming for.

And prior to joining the military I spent more time in the woods than I did at my friends. I explored, followed trails, made forts, climbed trees, hunted, fished, hiked, observed nature, and thoroughly enjoyed my wooded playground.

In short, I'm not afraid of the woods, feel comfortable in the woods, and I've been trained to adequately defend myself in unfavorable situations while in the woods.

So, what type of woods experience/survival/night-time/combat/weapons training do you think is adequate?

Yes, like an unclassified, undiscovered, 8-foot bipedal human-like man-ape wood-devil, that is stealthier than the best trained ninja, is supposedly witnessed hundreds of times each year, has a sufficient breeding population that they continue to proliferate our forested areas, yet they conveniently disappear if searched for, are impervious to bullets, and their only weakness is cameras.

RayG

I will point out again what I always point out when this type of question gets asked:

1) wildlife are not as easy to film as National Geographic or Marty Stauffer would have you believe. It takes systematic, concentrated effort, and even then it can take years. It took over 2 decades of dedicated work to document the giant squid in the wild. It took many years to likewise document the Cloud Leopard.

2) the amount of potential encounter space is vast, and the area of observation of any given expedition or film crew is infinitesimal by comparison.

This is one of the key points IMHO and thanks Mulder. We don't have a large number of professional video photographers, and wildlife biologist out in the field stalking the BFs for months at a time. We have the dedicated weekend hunters and hoo rah for them. They might luck out but so far this has not worked.

What do we need to do differently?

While some people commenting on bigfoot forums may have never stepped foot in the woods, I'm not one of them. Throughout my military career I've had military bush survival training, was taught to traverse unknown forests at night with a map and compass, have personal experience in night-time offensive and defensive maneuvers with regards to attacking and defending a field headquarters unit, have personal experience at deploying camo-netting for a communications vehicle in forested locations, have eaten from a mess tent or out of a cardboard box more times than I care to remember, and I was trained to kill humans. Never had to mind you, but I assure you, I'm very very good at hitting what I'm aiming for.

And prior to joining the military I spent more time in the woods than I did at my friends. I explored, followed trails, made forts, climbed trees, hunted, fished, hiked, observed nature, and thoroughly enjoyed my wooded playground.

In short, I'm not afraid of the woods, feel comfortable in the woods, and I've been trained to adequately defend myself in unfavorable situations while in the woods.

So, what type of woods experience/survival/night-time/combat/weapons training do you think is adequate?

RayG

I've become one with nature my entire life by spending it living in cabins since I was a small child. I've exploared nature from the East to the West coast and have been in almost every nook and cranny I could crawl into. I've never had to kill anyone but I'm good at spotting things that don't belong in the woods. I've seen things I can't explain but I have yet to cross paths with a Bigfoot.

• masterbarber locked this topic