Most Believable Bff Poster

Terry

If you could chose one person, who posts on the BFF, who has reported seeing a sasquatch, who's sighting do you personally consider to be the most believable?  I may tally the votes after a time.  I've gotta go with BC witness.  

t.

As a relative newcomer to the this forum, I haven't heard too many stories from Members.

Is it at all possible to include links when nominating?  I'm sure in some cases that's not reasonable, but if by any chance the person you are nominating has a report or a summary of experiences written up here or elsewhere, can it be included? 

I need a list of all the witnesses, I can't remember everyone and who's story is which.

Sal's story has always intrigued me. I actually heard about it even before I came to the BFF and was impressed that he was here fielding questions and filling in details. Now having worked with Sal as a fellow staff person, and getting to know him a bit more personally, I fully believe that he saw what he says he saw.

There are others who I believe are telling the truth. I don't know what they saw, but I believe they saw something that they could not identify as anything "known" to them.

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are two members that I know are telling the truth, but neither of them post here anymore. The interesting thing is, both of them left because of the criticism they received. I've noticed that actual hoaxers don't leave the BFF because of criticism. They stay and continue to make claims.

I've noticed that actual hoaxers don't leave the BFF because of criticism. They stay and continue to make claims.

This is an odd sentence to say. Knowing that this is a Bigfoot Forum.  

Guest Divergent1

Not really, negative attention can drive interest where money is to be made. My vote goes to BIgTex simply because he posts so many photos of what he finds to provide evidence to back up his claims. I especially liked those petrified footprints he found in his area of research.

Here's where you can read about NathanFooters sighting.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/34739-my-michigan-sighting/

I chose NathanFooter because his sighting happened during the day and he was close enough to get/give a good description of the BF's face and other physical features and to know it wasn't a person in a suit. Also his sighting happened before Finding Bigfoot. Speaking of Finding Bigfoot, NathanFooter was on Finding Bigfoot Season 3 Episode 6.

Start around 27:15ish to watch NathanFooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZDK9If6fpQ

If a member who has been around a while recounts a single encounter in which both they and the BF behaved within norms, I really have no reason to not believe the story.  The story of course may not be true, but it probably is and nothing is to be gained by suspecting it IMHO.

And I believe some stories with behaviors outside norms (i.e. Sal's odd acting BF), but I tend to be more suspicious of those stories as a group.

But, I just have to admit it, Jiggy has never actually recounted his story in detail, but there is no way he is making anything up, so that is my vote (recusing myself).

Guest JiggyPotamus

I am pretty sure I have recounted my story in detail, although "detail" is a pretty subjective term I suppose. I've never created a thread for it, but I have posted the sequence of events and exactly what I witnessed in a couple of threads here and there. My descriptive powers are limited unfortunately, and if someone else were in my place perhaps they would have recounted the sighting a bit better. The main factor that keeps me from describing facial details is the fact that the animal was not facing me, but instead was crossing ahead and to the right of me, moving away at a slight angle. Here is a simple diagram that approximates what I'm describing. The open space is a field, the X's the forest. The distances are not meant to be accurate by the way.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^                                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^                                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

^                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>                   BIGFOOT                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXX  ^   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXX  ^   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                

XXXX    ^  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                   

XXXX    ^  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX  ME  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX                

XXXXX ^    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX   ^    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXX      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

OUR CAMPSITE  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX   <--------------------------- Hiked in from this direction

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The way the trees were dispersed around my position was different than this, but there was basically a field bordered by trees on all sides. There was no pathway on which I walked, but more like trees here and there, with open spaces in between them. I just went around the brushy spots. So it was not a straight shot like the diagram shows. I saw the animal both from behind and in essentially a profile view, although the bigfoot was walking slightly at an angle. Anyway, we had walked in, looking for a good place to set up our tents. I had wandered off to check out the surrounding area almost immediately after we had set down our packs and gear. I think this was THE one factor which allowed me to have my sighting. I walked a short distance, went around a grouping of trees and brush, and was looking out into a clearing. I did not have to look around to see the animal, but spotted it instantly. The animal was walking the entire time I saw it. He had already entered the clearing when I saw him as well, and I only got to watch him until he disappeared into the trees on the other side of the field. And that was it. I will always believe that we were making noise, the animal came in to check us out, and then fled through the trees, into the clearing, and into the trees on the other side. The timing of the whole experience had to be perfect, considering that 5 seconds later I would have seen nothing at all.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to clarify how my sighting occurred. Also, 1980Squatch, I appreciate that you realize I would never make up something like that. I never really entertained the idea that some people might not believe my report. I think that, being an honest person in general, I assume other people recognize that fact. But most people online do not know me, thus they don't know what I'm like in real life. Another effect that being a relatively honest person has is that I assume other people are honest as well. Therefore whether I'm right or wrong, I believe the majority of reports that have been shared by members on these forums. I cannot choose between them. I would have to go back and re-read all of their reports to be able to pick a favorite, but that favorite would be based upon a report that gave me the greatest understanding of what that particular witness experienced. Some people are better at describing experiences than others, and I think we must remember to attempt to distinguish between the description and the event itself.

BFF Patron

There are two members that I know are telling the truth, but neither of them post here anymore. The interesting thing is, both of them left because of the criticism they received. I've noticed that actual hoaxers don't leave the BFF because of criticism. They stay and continue to make claims.

Might work for you, doesn't work for me, are you also clairvoyant?  

Those that leave the BFF, or never join in the first place due to perceived advance criticism are suspect to me.

To each his own.  I've worked hard enough to support this forum to be able to say that proudly too btw. 

And, I don't pretend to know whose acounts are veritable accounts but I know enough about phenotypic Sasquatch and behavior and high strangeness

associated with some accounts to know there is no magic bullet that takes one account down to the mat for the count. 

Edited by bipedalist