Whups vs. Whoops

MNskeptic

So, I'm watching the documentary 'Fathom' on Apple TV which shows the work of researchers trying to understand communication among humpback whales.  Among all of the various sounds, clicks, sqeals and bellows whales produce, one particular sound stands out to the researchers as being especially important.  All humpback whales tend to make this sound no matter where they are found.

In the course of their research, the whale scientists have gained evidence that whales are identifying individuals through what they call 'whups' - as this is what the call audibly sounds like.  I couldn't help but make the connection to Sasquatch who are well known to frequently 'whoop'.

The whale researchers found that each individual whale has a signature 'whup' - a sonic fingerprint so to speak - unique to them and are believed used by other members in the whale community to identify the individual by this unique 'whup', even when separated by great distances.  Kinda of a way to say 'Hi, I'm here, its me - John Doe'.

Could it also be that way with sasquatch?  Like the humpback 'whup', might the sasquatch 'whoop' be a sonic fingerprint for each individual sasquatch, allowing other sasquatch to identify them audibly, even in the middle of the night and over great distances? 

That sasquatch use the 'whoop' seemingly universally where ever they are found does leave one wondering about the significance of this sound.