What Caused the Mysterious Extinction of ‘Giganto,’ the World’s Largest Ape?

Chim Chim

24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

They're finding them in every nook and cranny they investigate..........except any nook or cranny near sasquatchery.........because they aren't investigating there.

Until recently they were not digging past 12,000 years ago. Because humans didn’t exist in North America until 12,000 years ago!😵‍💫

5 hours ago, norseman said:

Per the reading I have done thus far there were 3 separate Homo species in China 300,000 years ago.

Homo Erectus

Homo Denisovans

and this new species

https://phys.org/news/2023-08-china-human-lineage.html

You are good at stirring the pot, upsetting the apple cart, etc.

Some people firmly believe in the 'Only Out of Africa' exodus for modern humans. Homo Erectus left Africa more than 1.5 million years ago. Some people believe that modern humans arose simultaneously in Africa, Europe and Asia from Homo Erectus. We were busy. We humped everything.

The 'new species' that you listed has serious potential. Hopefully, mtDNA can be extracted. Looking south from China to Australia, we have Mungo Man and Mungo Woman. They were Homo Sapien but completely separate from the Aboriginal DNA.  Mungo Man and Mungo Woman and relatives migrated into Australia and Africa is too far away for the 'modern human out of Africa' time line scenario.

Every time that I turn around, there is a new DNA procedure and a tooth or bone found in a cave. New potential is in another cave that is in France.

Anyone know if the Giganto b jaw bones can be tested for tuberculosis? That would have been a huge, devastating stress on the population.

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

You are good at stirring the pot, upsetting the apple cart, etc.

Some people firmly believe in the 'Only Out of Africa' exodus for modern humans. Homo Erectus left Africa more than 1.5 million years ago. Some people believe that modern humans arose simultaneously in Africa, Europe and Asia from Homo Erectus. We were busy. We humped everything.

The 'new species' that you listed has serious potential. Hopefully, mtDNA can be extracted. Looking south from China to Australia, we have Mungo Man and Mungo Woman. They were Homo Sapien but completely separate from the Aboriginal DNA.  Mungo Man and Mungo Woman and relatives migrated into Australia and Africa is too far away for the 'modern human out of Africa' time line scenario.

Every time that I turn around, there is a new DNA procedure and a tooth or bone found in a cave. New potential is in another cave that is in France.

Anyone know if the Giganto b jaw bones can be tested for tuberculosis? That would have been a huge, devastating stress on the population.

I am honestly not trying to stir the pot. I just take an interest in anthropology. And I feel that conventional wisdom is way way off with lots of stuff. 

And you’re right. Every day something new is discovered!👍

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, norseman said:

I am honestly not trying to stir the pot. I just take an interest in anthropology. And I feel that conventional wisdom is way way off with lots of stuff. 

And you’re right. Every day something new is discovered!👍

Keep stirring. Blending the hot with the cold is good.

Our history before the last Glacial Maximum is weak.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Keep stirring. Blending the hot with the cold is good.

Our history before the last Glacial Maximum is weak.

Haha! Thanks!

42 minutes ago, norseman said:

Haha! Thanks!

I take it you are up to speed on the Younger Dryas cataclysm event theory? We know very very little about our origins. In the words of Roger Waters:

The monkey sat on a pile of stones and he stared at the broken bone in his hand. Then strains of a Viennese quartet rang out across the land and the monkey looked up at the stars and thought to himself - memory is a stranger. History is for fools. And he cleaned his hands in a pool of holy writing, turned his back on the garden and set out for the nearest town. Hold on soldier. When you add it all up, the tears and the marrow bone. There's an ounce of gold and an ounce of pride in each legend. And the Germans kill the Jews and the Jews kill the Arabs and the Arabs kill the hostages and that is the news. Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused? He said Mama, the President's a fool. Why do I have to keep reading these technical manuals? And the joint chiefs of staff and the brokers on wall street said don't make us laugh, you're a smart kid. Time is linear. Memory's a stranger. History is for fools. Man is a tool in the hands of the great God Almighty. And they gave him command of a nuclear submarine and headed out in search of the Garden of Eden. Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense. Expressed in dollars and cents, pounds and shillings and pence. Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

I take it you are up to speed on the Younger Dryas cataclysm event theory? We know very very little about our origins. In the words of Roger Waters:

The monkey sat on a pile of stones and he stared at the broken bone in his hand. Then strains of a Viennese quartet rang out across the land and the monkey looked up at the stars and thought to himself - memory is a stranger. History is for fools. And he cleaned his hands in a pool of holy writing, turned his back on the garden and set out for the nearest town. Hold on soldier. When you add it all up, the tears and the marrow bone. There's an ounce of gold and an ounce of pride in each legend. And the Germans kill the Jews and the Jews kill the Arabs and the Arabs kill the hostages and that is the news. Is it any wonder that the monkey's confused? He said Mama, the President's a fool. Why do I have to keep reading these technical manuals? And the joint chiefs of staff and the brokers on wall street said don't make us laugh, you're a smart kid. Time is linear. Memory's a stranger. History is for fools. Man is a tool in the hands of the great God Almighty. And they gave him command of a nuclear submarine and headed out in search of the Garden of Eden. Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense. Expressed in dollars and cents, pounds and shillings and pence. Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense. 

I like Hancock! But I don’t know what Roger’s was smoking!

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I like Hancock! But I don’t know what Roger’s was smoking!

I think we all know what Rogers was smoking.

He is saying we are monkeys, driven by dogmatic explanations of our past. History is for fools. Memories are a stranger. There is truth and lies in every part of our history. And, in the end, everything we know and experience is driven by the pursuit of the almighty dollar. At least thats my interpretation. 

46 minutes ago, NorCalWitness said:

I think we all know what Rogers was smoking.

He is saying we are monkeys, driven by dogmatic explanations of our past. History is for fools. Memories are a stranger. There is truth and lies in every part of our history. And, in the end, everything we know and experience is driven by the pursuit of the almighty dollar. At least thats my interpretation. 

With all due respect I would disagree with this Roger’s.

Yes today the pursuit is dollars. 1 million years ago it was bananas. History isn’t for fools…. It’s studied by the wise. Otherwise?

We are doomed to make the same mistakes. And there is a plethora of species including the genus Homo who are no longer with us.

• Upvote 1

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”  George Santayana, Spanish-American philosopher

He also said  “Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect” so, go figure.. ;)

IMG_1406.jpeg

Edited by xspider1
  • Like 1