SC EP:1032 The Teddy Roosevelt Bigfoot Story

BFFbot

Long before he was President; even before he was a Rough Rider, Assistant Secretary of War, or governor of NY state, Theodore Roosevelt tried his hand at ranching in the wilds of North Dakota (until the blizzards of 1886-87 wiped out most of his cattle herd). One of his books from these formative years ”The Wilderness Hunter” (1893) contains perhaps the first widely-distributed modern tale of a Bigfoot encounter with early American West pioneers. In his book, Roosevelt relays an account as told to him by an elderly frontiersman, describing nightmarish events experienced during his earlier excursions into the region.

Tonight I will be speaking to Mike. Mike and his wife live in Texas and in 2020 they started noticing strange things happening on this property. Mike writes "I have a deer feed plot at the edge of the woods and I've always felt uneasy there feeling like I'm being watched, especially at night.

I've been tossing a few apples near my feeder a few times a week and started seeing every apple gone the next morning, no pieces left anywhere.

Then I noticed other things like no coyotes for the past 6-8 months, found a large mound of dark poop full of seeds by my feeder that didn't look like any scat I've ever seen and old trees that either fall over or get pushed over at night, but I dismissed all this as just odd.

Recently, I heard an actual whoop around 8 pm that sounded like the one on your show's intro from about a hundred yards away or further. My wife has heard this too on other occasions. It's hunting season now, so I was out about 8 pm the other night tossing out apples by my feeder when I heard movement rustling leaves followed by a deep, low growl about 30-35 ft away to my left.

Now I've been in some truly scary situations before but this really spooked me because I know animal sounds and what we have here and this wasn't a hog, coyote, cougar or dog and we don't have bears, but this felt distinctly like a warning from something intelligent to leave the area immediately, so I did just that and quickly got back in the house."

Listen to the Podcast