First Preliminary Data On Bigfoot Nuclear Dna

Guest wild eyed willy

To those of you out there who don't have any background in DNA, like myself, do a google search ( DNA for dummies) I have found many pages there, most short and many helpfull. With a small amount of reading you will get a better understanding of all of this mumbo jumbo.

Note: some of it will still sound like mumbo jumbo even after you read it, but your over all understanding will certainly be enhanced.

Guest wild eyed willy

My basic explanation of DNA testing.

Consider a DNA molecule as a ladder. The upright sides of the ladder would be the helix.

To understand the helix construction, imagine that you work in the Oreo cookie factory.

You have a large container of chocolate wafers and a large container of slices of double stuff. It is important to understand that these two components will only be attracted to each other. ( in other words, Double stuff only sticks to the chocolate wafers. You can’t stick the chocolate wafer to another chocolate wafer and you can’t stick double stuff to more double stuff. )

You will also notice that the thickness of the chocolate wafers and the thickness of the double stuff are different. The chocolate wafer part is thinner than the double stuff filler.

Now create two long stacks of slices, start one stack with a wafer and the other with double stuff. Make them each containing the same number of pieces. These form the helix’s

The rungs of the ladder could be considered to be Good- N- Plenty candies.

In four colors. Pink, White, Black and Green. (These are the bases)

Two candies form a bond end to end. With the pink ones bonding only to the white and the black ones bonding only to the green. Each bond of two candies forms ( a base pair) or a rung between the two helix ( sides of the ladder)

The resulting link formed between the combination of Helix’s and base pairs becomes the DNA Molecule.

The molecule is encoded by the specific combinations of base pairs ( candies) between the helix’s.

As I understand it,---- DNA testing identifies the colors of the candies and their location in the sequence (or segment) of DNA being tested.

You experts may wish to expand on this.