The Ramifications Of Species Verification

Well it isn't up to me, but if you get someone asking a question you don't like, rather than pulling a primadonna fit why don't you just say, "I can't answer that", "yes", or "no". Simple. The vast majority of us do not know you, we can only judge you by your behavior here. You can choose to use that to your benefit, or not. You are coming off arrogant and condescending most of the time now and folks are going to remember that above all else in the future. If your impatience is about the redundancy of the threads regarding the shooting and the study you can address those on your web site very easily and refer questions over there saving you a lot of time and frustration.

Bite me

Oh I'm sorry, did my logic insult you? Well I do apologize......now that I think of it, it was really a dumb suggestion. Why that would take the spotlight off you wouldn't it? No, that idea won't work at all, oh well, I guess you will just have to keep belly aching on the BFF when things don't go to suit you.

So how about that movement for the protection of sasquatch? What should we call it? I know!!! Save Our Sasquatch, SOS for short. When did you plan to start your campaign? You might want to consider hiring a lobbyist since PR really isn't your strong suit.

• Upvote 2

Yikes...

The funny thing about this is that Derek is one of the most likeable folks involved in this field. Having hung out with him a few times, I can promise you that he's not arrogant or condescending.

We all know that context and intention gets completely lost when reading text. Without hearing the inflection in someone's voice, or seeing the expression on their face, things get a bit lost.

Derek is a humble and funny dude. Great sense of humor, very generous, and fun to be around. I assure you if you spent time with him in person you'd have the same impression.

Jodie, I'll bet you're a fun person to be around, too. I enjoyed the narrative voice of your blog, and I am a bit partial to South Carolina; I've spent a lot of time there (I grew up in Northeast Georgia). I'm sure you're an exemplary South Carolinian.

I would wager that if most of the people who post here met in person, discussions and exchanges would be much different. I would like to think that they would be more friendly, patient, humble, and civil.

Civility is paramount in this research. It's also rare. That's a shame.

• Upvote 2

:( Disagreeing is normal, hurtful comments are not needed.

Please, it's okay to disagree, it's not okay to become personal.

I love these forums, and I truly feel that many of you are sincerely good people whom I deeply care about

It's late, people are tired, but still we can treat each other with dignity. We are adults.

Feelings have been hurt.

We can hold on to those feelings, or we can move on and get back to discovering BF and all of the ramifications inherit with this discovery.

I prefer getting back to BF research, and putting hurt feelings away for another day when I, or any of those hurt in the past, can be justified for their belief, or will say, Wow, This is real regarding the BF species.

Then we can move on to research and protection of these poor innocent animals who are only trying to exist in harmony with nature and the world until we got involved, and provided proof of it's existence to the world. :( .

Susie, I love you, but we aren't disagreeing about the existence of sasquatch. I think as far as that goes, everyone in the thread is on the same page with that issue.

Okay, This is hard on me because I seriously care about both of you and I was trying to help everyone to take a *deep* breath.

Derek may leave because of this conversation, and that just should not happen.

Jodie, You are one of the smartest people on the forum, right up there along with Derek, and I hate seeing this happening. :(

Hopefully this morning we have all had some rest, Thankfully I have, and we can again disagree with humor and facts without hurting each other.

It is okay to have different opinions.

There are times when some researchers may not agree with some of the other researchers.

There is no reason for someone to feel like they must leave here just from trying to deal with another researcher.

Again, I'm hoping that with some sleep we will all feel better, and both you and Derek will be able to post and enjoy the forums again.

Susie, I don't think either one of us are budging or are that thin skinned. I made my point times 10, now whether I end up being right, time will tell, but it's a rare thing for me to read people wrong, even on a forum. If I have, then I have no problem apologizing at some point in the future. However, that time is not now and I believe it will be a cold day in hell before Derek apologizes regardless. He might be the nicest person in the world but I doubt we will ever accuse him of being humble. :)

Susi... this is part of the process. I would suggest you don't let it bother you so much. Derek is living his life I'm sure, as is Jodie. If everyone was always worried about each others "feelings", then nothing would ever get done. As far as I've seen, nobody has said anything hurtful just for the sake of insulting one another. What I have seen is people not sugar-coating their feelings, which is a-okay. Everyone involved can handle it.

Susie, I love you, but we aren't disagreeing about the existence of sasquatch. I think as far as that goes, everyone in the thread is on the same page with that issue.

Jodie, I love you also, you are a real friend to and for me, and I cherish our relationship. :wub:

I believe most of us may have been rather tired after any and all festivities, not mention cooking all day which I did do for many hours.

I can only speak for myself, but when I'm really tired, I don't always make wise decisions, and will find myself short tempered. Hubby swears I'm PMSing, but it's just plain irritable exhaustion, and I am definitely not at my best when I'm in that condition.

I am still beyond tired, plus last night we purchased book cases for the library I'm setting up in a large front room in our home which I've wanted to turn into a library for years, and now I'm *finally* able to do so, which meant hours touring IKEA last night until I located the bookcases I wanted to have.

After measuring everything we were finally able to purchase them, and they are resting in boxes in a trailer behind our suburban. So we have a new dog, and now new bookcases to carry home, plus I've been cooking up a storm for my kids, and I'm totally ready for a day with nothing else to do but hang out here with my friends and talk Bigfoot.

This will occur in only a few days longer. :( . I hope! :wacko:

Edited by SweetSusiq

Okay so how 'bout we all get back to the topic at hand. The thread is intended to provoke discussion on the potential outcome of events. There will be a paradigm shift to come, and nobody knows just what their proven existence will bring and how various segments of society will respond. Very little thought has been given to this beyond the individual's who have had multiple encounters being concerned that it won't be good and the occasional mention here and there. I contend that this universal feeling which individuals have, is for a reason, and one we do not yet understand. Will they become exploited? Will the good intentions of some be wiped out by the bad intentions of those who will be secretive about their agendas?

Guest Thepattywagon

Prag, is there any info on whether the large conservation groups like Sierra Club, Nature Conservancy, EDF etc have considered any contingencies should the creature become documented?

Okay so how 'bout we all get back to the topic at hand. The thread is intended to provoke discussion on the potential outcome of events. There will be a paradigm shift to come, and nobody knows just what their proven existence will bring and how various segments of society will respond. Very little thought has been given to this beyond the individual's who have had multiple encounters being concerned that it won't be good and the occasional mention here and there. I contend that this universal feeling which individuals have, is for a reason, and one we do not yet understand. Will they become exploited? Will the good intentions of some be wiped out by the bad intentions of those who will be secretive about their agendas?

(Sweetsusiq back on topic: :blush: now, uhh, what is the topic again? :P )

Okay, Really back on topic:

:

There will be some big game hunters who may wish to go after this creature due to them being able to say that he bagged a BF, or something similar, perhaps someone may kill one to show it to the world so that even hard core skeptics would have to at least think that there may be something to this story..

My hopes are that **new** laws and the animal's elusive behavior will keep the the lost of their lives down.

CAN WE START SPECIES PROTECTION BEFORE IT IS VERIFIED??????

IMPORTANT::

Can we start species protection laws *before* BF is scientifically verified??????

After verification, Where do we even begin trying to protect them from trophy hunters? :(

Edited by SweetSusiq