Erickson Project

Guest Cervelo

Sorry Alice we fell down that rabbit hole a long time ago!

Just go with it, its fun! :)

Edited by Cervelo

Bf may be advanced animals, but they are still animals. Have you seen them living in groups, creating laws, making fire to cook their kills with?

I hear that they can speak. Do they talk as you and I do?

They may have enough intelligence to communicate, my little Yorkies surly do, but the BF species have remained as they were reported from time immemorial, and have not progressed. Look at how our species has advanced. We've gone from fire to putting men on the moon in a few thousand years or so, perhaps less, we discovered mathematics, farming,created laws to protect people, created weapons to protect ourselves.

Guest Cervelo

Tex Rex and his group of buddy's make us look like a flash in the pan! My point is circumstances can make a pretty

"dumb animal" king **** of turd island sometimes! With all due respect :)

Bf may be advanced animals, but they are still animals. Have you seen them living in groups, creating laws, making fire to cook their kills with?

I hear that they can speak. Do they talk as you and I do?

They may have enough intelligence to communicate, my little Yorkies surly do, but the BF species have remained as they were reported from time immemorial, and have not progressed. Look at how our species has advanced. We've gone from fire to putting men on the moon in a few thousand years or so, perhaps less, we discovered mathematics, farming,created laws to protect people, created weapons to protect ourselves.

There is the philosophical "human" and there is the biological one susie. Behaviors and appearance do not define "us" in a biological / physical sense. A new born human is definately human but has done none of the things you state.

Some human children who have had the misfortune of not having human social structure around them, develope very differently. I'd invite you to look into feral children. How long do you think it would take one or a population of them to even master fire?

Edited by southernyahoo

Guest billgreen2010

this whole situation realy want me to sing I FEEL EARTH MOVEING UNDER MY FEET yada :lol: to be continued definetly :)

Unfortunately humans of whatever kind are not protected

What makes you say this? Every single human being, under law, has all kinds of protection. You can't kill humans or steal from them or lock them in cages. If Sasquatches are humans, then killing them, kidnapping them, selling their bodies or skins, or putting them in a zoo would all be extremely illegal. Just as it is for every other human.

Guest billgreen2010

if this ky bigfoot situation keeps on leaking we are going to need some kind plummer :lol: to be continued

Not being a troll, but in the interest of free speech, I would like to posit the opinion that the DNA discussion and the Erickson Project will not amount to anything other than a few arguing points within the BF community that will last a few months - if that. There will be no 'better than the P/G film' release and scant if any scientific interest. Not because science is close-minded or remiss, but because there won't actually be anything new or ground-breaking or evidential enough to bother with.

SSR Team

You can't kill humans or steal from them or lock them in cages. .[/color]

People do in many Countries around the World Shadow, sadly..

For no particular reasons a lot of the time too..

I didn't know there was a required reading list for bigfoot? Did anybody else know? I must have missed that memo....Is the list located somewhere on this site? Who decided what was on it? Has it been approved by the non-existant bigfoot experts? :wacko:

There is the philosophical "human" and there is the biological one susie. Behaviors and appearance do not define "us" in a biological / physical sense. A new born human is definately human but has done none of the things you state.

Some human children who have had the misfortune of not having human social structure around them, develope very differently. I'd invite you to look into feral children. How long do you think it would take one or a population of them to even master fire?

You make an excellent point.

However, they are not covered in hair and standing 8-10 feet tall, they do still look human, just really dirty, unkempt, and need hair cuts.

The thought of children abandoned into the wild to live on their own is just heartbreaking.

I'd be dead in about 3-5 days and I'm an adult unless I discovered water, then I would last a little longer..

However, I have no doubt that my hubby would find me.

Being married to an Eagle Scout has had it's benefits.

When the ice storm knocked out our power for 2 weeks hubby was in his element.

Yikes, That was a cold dark and quiet time with the little dogs inside my coat to keep them warm, and no TV, but a roaring fire going and enough light from our Aladdin Lantern for me to read by. We even cooked on the heater he kept going.

I didn't know there was a required reading list for bigfoot? Did anybody else know? I must have missed that memo....Is the list located somewhere on this site? Who decided what was on it? Has it been approved by the non-existant bigfoot experts? :wacko:

People here recommended the books. They are fabulous Jodie. I'll go grab them and post the titles for you. I got them all from Amazon, and I have learned a lot about this species and their habits etc..

BRB..

Some are by the "bigfoot experts" - John Green, Jeff Meldrum, John Bindernagle.....................

I just ordered one on the people. They're more fun than the rather boring bipedal ape doing apelike things.

Mysterious Kentucky (Mysterious Places from Whitechapel Press)

BM Nunnelly

Sold by: BooKnackrh (seller profile)

Big FootPrints: A Scientific Inquiry into the Reality of Sasquatch (Foot-Prints)

Grover S Krantz

Sold by: tandjsbooks (seller profile)

Bigfoot! : The True Story of Apes in America

Loren Coleman

Sold by: ---greatbookdeals (seller profile)

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science

Jeff Meldrum, George B. Schaller

Sold by: bookloverswarehouse (seller profile)

Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science

Doug Hajicek

Sold by: Whitewolf Entertainment Inc. (seller profile)

Two of the items were DVDs. I purchased Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science in hardback and it is a beautiful book well worth the money in my humble opinion. I also ordered Yetti from Nat Geo which is a DVD. The DVD Cost almost 30 dollars with shipping but I still bought it. If I can learn more about this species from any source I would recommend these books. Some of the stories were written in a way to where the reader feels like the author is just talking to you, and others are more scientific like Sasquatch meets Science is geared more to the scientific facts yet so filled with pictures and comments that the book is a joy to read.

I seriously suggest trying a book by ordering it through your local library and then decide if you should wish to purchase it.

I just bought them all because I do wish to understand the research going on within the BF scientific community.

I'm still working my way through them.

Jodie, I will gladly mail you a book if you should wish to read one that your library may not be able to get for you.

I mean that very sincerely.

Some are by the "bigfoot experts" - John Green, Jeff Meldrum, John Bindernagle.....................

I just ordered one on the people. They're more fun than the rather boring bipedal ape doing apelike things.

The book that he is recommending is:

Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads, and Cryptozoology (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology) [Hardcover]

Brian Regal (Author)

5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews) | Like (1)

List Price: $85.00

Price: $68.00 & eligible for free shipping with Amazon Prime

You Save: $17.00 (20%)

In Stock.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Only 2 left in stock--order soon (more on the way).

23 new from $65.00 4 used from $79.84 1 collectible from $80.00

I am not willing to spend that much money on the researchers book. I'm sure that it is a fabulous book, but the price just turned me off. I may try ordering it through my library to read it to see if I really need to purchase it but the cost is way too high for me to purchase without knowing exactly what I'm buying..

I will happily mail you my books for you to read and I will enclose return labels already paid for because after all that you have done for me regarding Mortimer that would be the least that I could do for you..