Erickson Project

BFF Patron

Yep, it is a long strange trip it's been.

Where you been 'shake?!

• 1 year later...
Guest gershake

So most of us have lost hope about Erickson for many reasons. One reason being his ties to Melba Ketchum, who had nothing; another reason being his silly little snippets & teasers that aren't very convincing. Yet I recall a time before we even knew who Melba Ketchum was when many of us thought Erickson was gonna solve the bigfoot mystery once and for all. Why?

For me, part of it was this article. It's a very detailed summary of the backstory to the Kentucky project (which is what it was called back before it got renamed to Erickson project). For some reason I had to think about it again today, and I had to wonder just what all has happened since I first read it. Erickson is still in everyone's mouths, and people are still waiting for him to release his documentary, either because they hope that he does have the goods and the teaser trailers are just that - teasers, or because they want the ******** to be over and done with for everyone to see. But I think a lot of the people here don't even know the vast backstory to this, and I thought I'd post it here for posterity. Discussion welcome. :)

dapht.blogspot.de/p/kentucky-bigfoot-habituation.html

This link I posted there used to be the only place on the internet to find the backstory on the Erickson/Kentucky project. It appears that this site is only open to "invited readers" now. I really regret not saving the entire text for posterity somewhere. Does anyone happen to be an invited reader, or know how to become one? This document cannot get lost.

Admin

DB seemed pretty straightforward about the whole thing when he posted here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/36755-matilda/?p=714836

Anyone who can't see the wookie in those stills is trying real hard, in my opinion, not to see it.

Let's review what we know about what has come out of that sighting area. The EP, if I have this correct, has admitted that the original landowners attempted to sell them a hoaxed video. So there's one known hoax right there. The land owners also "accidentally" erased a video that looked pretty hoaxy to me. The explanation of the loss of the video never made much sense, and now that they've admitted to trying to foist off a different hoaxed video, I don't think we really need to think too much about it; it was likely hoaxed as well. Now we come to the pancake video -- I saw the video multiple times and spent some time measuring the images in it and I came to the conclusion that the head was huge in comparison to the body, and could well have been a helmet-like head-piece. The detail in that video is very low but several times you do see that there are fairly deep holes where the eyes should be, as you'd expect in a head-piece that is part of a costume.

Given the prior admission of hoaxing, it seems prudent to conclude this one was a hoax as well. Note that I'm not just waving off all these videos solely because of their admission -- their admission of hoaxing is part of the reason we think they are hoaxed, but the videos themselves showed plenty of evidence that they were hoaxed as well. Therefore the reasonable presumption is that they were indeed hoaxed.

So what are we left with? A video of something breathing on the ground, and some quantity of videos that few people have ever seen.

When I was at the location, plenty of weird stuff went down that I would consider pretty hard to hoax. So I don't say there were never any strange happenings there. But it seems to me that there was an effort to profit from the location through videos that were hoaxed. The videos have become the story of the place, which is too bad. There might have been other kinds of evidence available there. Focusing on the videos, far from increasing any "profit" (whether in terms of money or scientific knowledge), has actually diminished the value of the location. 

Here's a clip of what the EP posted on their site:

I'm betting the number of folks who are waiting on any future releases has dwindled.

post-24-0-76720700-1422025297_thumb.jpg

My comments in Bold

Admin